Avon Anew Platinum Day Creme SPF 25

2.3

on 7/29/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This day creme is simply awful. It doesn't do anything to plump or moisturize your skin- in fact, it seems to never really settle into your skin- it stays on top of it. I have oily skin and it just makes me an oily mess. It didn't do anything for fine lines around my eyes or on my neck, either. The absolute WORST part of this day creme is that it stings my eyes terribly. I don't get it in my eyes, I'm careful to look in the mirror while I'm putting it on and avoid the lash areas- but somehow it seems to transfer there anyway (maybe when I'm "glowing" or hot) and it stings something FIERCE. I have had a few horrible episodes of watering, stinging red eyes with this stuff and almost daily mild stinging. No thanks, I pitched the remaining 2/3 of the jar. HORRIBLE

on 2/26/2014 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for several days and I won't repurchase. It is moisturizing and I really like the higher spf, but it pills and clumps on my face and makes mess. I have to blot after application to remove the pills and excess. After it dries, I use a powder brush to remove the pills and eyebrow brush to remove all the "dandruff" this cream creates. I have noticed that the Anew Ultimate night cream does the same thing, but to go to bed who cares. The daytime is a different story, so the search continues.

on 7/25/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Way too heavy and greasy. Does nothing for skin in my opinion and smells bad. There is also a night time formulation that I like better. It isn't as heavy as the day formula.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

OMG! Avon ANew Platinum Day Creme with SPF 25 has totally SHOCKED me! I have been searching for years for a day moisturizer with SPF that makes my sometimes crepey and dry cheeks look plumped up and firm yet not shiny or sticky. This creme is my favorite I have ever tried including Shishiedo or any other high end moisturizers.

Taken from Avon website:
"ANEW PLATINUM Day Cream SPF 25
ANEW PLATINUM Day Cream SPF 25
Product Details
Reshapes the appearance of the neck for a more youthful look and dramatically reduces the look of deep wrinkles. Formulated with patented Paxillium Technology and Radiescent Microspheres that help to immediately counteract dullness and help restore radiant skin. 92% agree it restores the look of youthful color and radiance to skin.* In 1 day , skin of the delicate neck area looks firmed and feels lifted and supported. In 4 weeks , 74% agree it reshapes the appearance of the neck for a more youthful look and dramatically reduces the look of deep wrinkles.* 1.7 fl. oz. *Based on women who expressed an opinion in a consumer-perception study. TO USE: In the morning, smooth over cleansed face and neck. Apply evenly before sun exposure and as needed. WARNING: For external use only. Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. If product contacts eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation develops and lasts. May stain certain types of fabrics."

This is all true! I thought it was a fabrication but it's not. It REALLY DOES reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Instantly. I have not found a product this effective on wrinkles in my entire life of searching.

The smell is good, smells like flowers.
Consistency is thick yet not sticky or greasy.
Cost is very fair for the wrinkle fighting and SPF it provides.
Packaging is nice and looks expensive.
Overall 5 stars!