December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - Wrinkle Resist 24 Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by alisondae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm 26 but look maybe 28-30 due to some slight wrinkles as an ex-smoker. I have fine crow's feet, some lines on my head, and smile lines despite a consistent resting bitch face. I'm not that self-conscious about my wrinkles and I'm not into spending money on all these products that promise to get rid of wrinkles instantly/within two days, putting gel on my face, nothing of that sort. All I want are products that will keep the wrinkles I DO have from getting worse.

So I gave this a go since I had store credit to Sephora. Not going to lie, I wouldn't have considered it if I didn't have store credit to use. It's $56 for 1.7 oz and I have a hard time justifying spending that much on simply trying something out. But after four weeks of using it at night, I will 100% spend the money to buy it again.

I've noticed a slight tightening in my skin after using this every night for a month. I do mean slight -- my wrinkles haven't gone anywhere but they have become finer, less noticeable. My skin also looks brighter and less splotchy-red (although that could be attributed to my face wash, fyi). Also, it smells divine -- like baby powder.

I really love this night cream and it has been a good addition to my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was included in a kit when I bought the Benefiance eye cream. I must say that I like this cream very much! It goes on nice and smooth, it feels nice and light on my oily skin. There is a scent which I don't mind because it's light and disappears after a few minutes anyway. My face feels smooth when I wake in the morning.

The only thing I really don't like it that it comes in a jar. I don't like that so much of the product gets exposed to air every time I use it. Sure it comes with a mini spatula but I don't like having to scoop anything out of jars when it comes to moisturizers. It's fairly pricy at just under fifty bucks. Overall though, it's a very good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin, and this product has been fantastic for me this winter. I was constantly struggling with huge flakey patches of skin on my cheeks, chin, and around my nose. I have used tons of moisturizers with very little success, but within two days of using this, my skin has greatly improved. No more flakes! I haven't had a flake on my nose or chin since I started using this.

It is a very rich moisturizer, but feels light on the skin. It absorbs really quickly and leaves skin feeling very smooth and soft. The moisture lasts a long time too. Once I started using this, the overall condition of my skin improved, and the redness in my cheeks also was reduced.

Although it is a night cream, I use it after a shower before makeup too.

The product came with a little spatula, which I love. (not a fan of sticking a finger into a tub of cream) It also helps to use less product, because it is quite pricey.

As far as "wrinkle resistance" I haven't noticed much difference in the fine lines and wrinkles around my eyes.

This works great for really dry skin. I wouldn't recommend unless you have really dry skin. I am not sure if it will be a bit too heavy for using in the summer though. For the cold midwestern winters, this product has been a game-changer for me. Really impressed and going to try more Shiseido products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by crunkbabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It always leaves your skin smooth and supple. Its a night cream but i also use it during the day anyway. The bottle is nearly finished and I'm going to buy the day cream emulsion as well just to see how this goes. I love how this product doesn't make your skin look oily at all but still moisture your skin really well. I love putting this cream under makeup sometimes. I usually have sensitive skin and I have been using this for about 6 months and I don't get breakouts. In fact, it helps me with moisturising some of the little bumps that I have on my forehead without causing it to get worse. Overall, I would encourage others to give this product a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shiseido's Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Night Cream is a winner in my book. I use it in conjunction with their other products and my skin has a dewy finish and is constantly hydrated. I don't have any complaints about how their products work.
This cream is lightly scented but just enough to not annoy me. The label says it's an "Asian orchid fragrance". It doesn't linger at all. As I apply the cream, it's more of a liquid type than a cream and very easy to apply. A little certainly goes a long way and the glass jar lasts a few months. Economically speaking, although it costs 56 dollars, when you break that down to once a day over a few months, it's really not that expensive at all. Especially if you think about the benefits it's doing for your skin. I always feel that you can go cheap on makeup products but you should never skimp on skincare. Always try to do the best for your face that you can.
Wrinkle Resist 24 Night also has a cooling feeling to me when I apply it. I don't know why. It does have Hyaluronic Acid in it, which gives my skin more hydration. It also has a slight shimmer to it or glow which adds to the dewy effect. It's not a heavy night cream but does provide a good hydration. For some reason, I find that Shiseido's products anticipate my dryness in any climate and work on it appropriately. I don't know how they do it, but since I've been using the full line from facial wash on through to the moisturizers, I've had no problems at all.
Shiseido claims it has anti-wrinkle benefits. With the list of ingredients, it probably does. I can say that it has kept mine at bay. My skin has been looking fresher since I've been using the line. One of the ingredients is Hydroxyproline which stimulates collagen production, another important ingredient in products for mature women.
Since it does come in a glass jar, I scoop out a weeks worth into a tiny container that I use instead of dipping into the larger one and contaminating that. As usual, it does come with the infamous little Shiseido tiny scoop. As far as repurchasing, I definitely will. I love how my skin looks in the morning. It has a freshness to it and a glow. Another keeper from this line.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No