November 28, 2014 | 1939 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Jade Perfect Black Mascara

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If only I could give this a zero point rating!! Bought this while trying to save some money for Christmas. What a fool!! - I ended up buying a replacement one from Yves Rocher - and also failed there miserably, now using both in combination as a punishment: I should have known better and read some reviews here first!! First of all - no reviews is not a good sign for such a well-known brand, so obviously no one is raving about it. Secondly, the cheapest is rarely the best when it comes to big midrange brands anyway. Thirdly, I should have tested it in the shop!! I am always too shy to even test lipstick on the skin ( never dared to test on the lips in my life! ) - no idea why, soviet upbringing perhaps....But now I've learnt my lesson. This mascara has only 1 plus: it doesn't flake. But there's a good explanation for this: you can just never layer enough of the stuff for it to have enough substance for flaking! I applied once - It looked as if I had just wetted the eyelashes, hardly any colour, the brush appeared small and awkward, left smudges on top of the eyelash line - the stuff is too liquid, just too watery to sum up, so after 4 layers - it was still as if there were only one. Besides, this is repeatedly causing irritation, which is a next-to-never occasion with me and eye products. If it gets into the eyes - the burning is awful, I cry crocodile tears for hours and feel like rubbing the top of my face off! I apply it now as 1 layer VERY carefully to make just some base for the Yves Rocher mascara (which sucks a bit less) and to separate the lashes (since the stuff is hardly there, the lashes don't stick together). I am very tempted to throw it away, and I have never chucked in any of my makeup items before, so that's how bad this is.