April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

BB Cream - Shiseido - Perfect Hydrating BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this amazing BB cream -35% and it cost me 25 euros.

I am a fair skinned Greek girl and NC20 is my closest match. I use this cream in Medium and it matches my skin almost perfect.

This cream has a discrete yet really beautiful perfume, and the consistency is creamy and goes on smoothly.

It comes in a tube which i really love because it is very convenient and I can have it in my purse wherever I go.

The texture feels luxurious and it is not runny or watery..

The coverage is sheer, just enough to even out your skintone. What i love about this cream is that id doesnt feel like i am wearing a foundation, and it definitely doesn't look like it either. It looks so natural.

As for my skin, i would say I am normal to combination. My cheeks are neither dry nor oily, but i do get oily on my forehead, nose, chin and around my nose.

This cream has a semi-matte, almost dewy finish, if i only apply one coat.

If i go on with more, it definitely looks a bit shiny.

Usually i only apply one coat and leave it as it is. I don't wear a moisturizer underneath because i feel like it gives me enough moisture but that's just me.

In a few words:

PROS-
feels luxurious
looks natural
smells great
moisturises my skin
Medium is a perfect match on my NC20 skin
great packaging
a little goes a long way
tube has a narrow opening which means less or no product waste
yellow undertones which is great for my yellowish skin, might not be so great for the cooler skin toned ones

CONS-
i got it -35% but it is a bit on the pricey side
only 3 shades to choose between
might accentuate oiliness on combination to oily skins

Overall, i believe this is a great BB cream, especially if your skin is dry to normal. Combination might work too, like it works for me. Acne prone and oily skin ladies will not be satisfied as this will only look greasy and provide no coverage at all.

I do recommend this and I have already bought a second tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

This is a good BB cream all 4 of my friends used this in Medium shade. They also used Shiseido perfect smoothing powder foundation over this and they have used this ever since it came out. Three of my friend have dry skin type and one have oily skin type and this product work great for them. I will give this a try myself. This BB cream cost $33 at Macy. It cheaper than my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer that I used $43. I will updated again when I try this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shiseido is my favorite skin care line and I wear their White Lucent Softener underneath the White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion every night before bedtime...after I wash my face with their Benefiance cleaner. And I'm usually washing away my HG makeup, Shiseido Powder Cream Foundation compact. Though I do love Shiseido, I was shocked at how poor their BB offering performed. Coverage was lacking, product did not blend well, and their range of colors was poor, none matching my skin tone. In addition, it oxidized and made my face look orange, as if I'd slathered on fake tanning cream. Just not up to Shiseido's usual high standards.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by dakkiso

So I saw this in a magazine and as my mum was on the hunt for BB creams and suggested to her to buy this Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream. She bought it in light and found it was a very versatile product with just enough coverage for every day use. She started experimenting and added it with the Clinique CC Cream and it was amazing! As I was suffering from mild acne, I had highly pigmented scars and a few pimples left, after my treatment. Just a few weeks ago, my mum gave me this BB cream to use opposed to my normal heavy liquid foundation. I still have the scars, but it gives great coverage. At first, when I squeezed it out of the tube, it was whitish and when I applied it over my face, it was the wrong colour. I kept on blending it in as I would like moisturiser and then evened it out with the Beauty Blender. By the time I finished, it had oxidised and was a perfect match for my Asian skin. I have a fairly congested face and my pores didn't seemed to show as much as other make-ups I have used previously. If my pimple was still a little noticeable, I'd dab a bit on and blend it. My skin is oily and even though my face did oil up during the day, the BB cream didn't congest my face. Overall, this is my holy grail item, this is essential to my daily routine and with a bit of blush and lip balm, it gives the perfect natural look!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Kinda on the fence about this one. Upon intial application my skintone came out looking super pale as it wasn't a near perfect color match but after about 30 minutes of a little bit of oxidation it came close to matching my skin but it wasn't perfect. My chin actually looked darker than the rest of my face and it stayed that way all day. I only applied this over my daytime serum and I experienced zero break thru oil. If the shade was a better fit for me I would give it 5 stars. Its just too neutral for my nc45 skintone. Just needs a tad bit more of yellow. It definitely works well at keeping the oil slick under control and I love the fact that it didn't irritate my skin. I hope that they formulate a darker shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by mamojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try out a BB cream as I've heard so much talk about it, so of course I scan MUA for the best I can get a hold of where I live, and my choise fell on this. So I went to pick up a sample, but to my dissapointment it made me look orange. I have pink undertones to my skin, so I guess this is a good product if you got yellow. Another thing I didn't like was the finish look. It was a bit to dewey, on the edge to shiny, but I guess some powder can fix that problem, so it's no major. Anyway, despite the colour and finish I LOVED the texture and how it felt on my skin. If they ever come out with colours for pinkish undertones I will definitely buy!
I now got my eyes on Lumenes BB cream, which supposedly is for pink undertoned skin, yay!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an overpriced bb cream that isn't very special. I've tried drugstore products better than this. I'd get a sample... This oxidizes and makes your skin look orangish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this BB cream! First, it's very low maintenance. If I'm in a rush in the morning, this is the base I reach for because it's a moisturizer/sunscreen/foundation in one. I think the SPF 35 is quite generous, considering other BB's and tinted moisturizers are usually in the 10-20 SPF range. And most importantly for any base product, it makes the skin look beautiful, fresh and evens out any discolorations. It also lasts pretty long on the skin. Add setting powder or UD setting spray and this lasts as well as any of my regular foundations.

The packaging is great as well. It's a long, thin tube that fits perfect in any bag. I also like that the tip is very thin. It controls the amount of product that is dispensed very well. It also keeps the packaging clean. Other BB's/TM's I've tried have similar packaging to lotions/hand creams, which can be messy.

This is one of the more accessible BB's made by an Asian company. It seems like most American BB's are like repackaged tinted moisturizers. And purchasing an Asian BB can be risky as far as the shade selection and purchasing online. This one is available at Sephora/department stores, is made by a reputable Asian company, and comes in shades that will fit more than just the palest of skintones.

I think the the price is very reasonable as well at $32 USD with 1.1 fl oz of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Another winner from Shiseido.

Pros:
Color adjusts to your skin tone and blends in perfectly.
Great to use over a physical block sunscreen to cancel out the white cast.
Adds moisture without adding shine.
Gives skin a healthy glow without sparkles.
Excellent sun protection.

Cons:
Cannot think of any!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by snoozykat

I grew up watching my mom use Shiseido face creams. She always looked much younger than her age and had a great glow. She seldom wore makeup but really didn't need any. So I thought I'd try out the Shiseido line. The cost, however, is very prohibitive. This BB cream comes in a very small and thin tube. It didn't last that long so I'll have to by more soon but am not so happy about paying a lot of money for so little product.

BUT, the product itself is great. Smells nice and goes on very smooth. Great coverage and feels good for my skin. The color also matches me well (fair skin with freckles and under eye darkness, some redness). I use 'Medium' and it blended well with my tone. Oh and it made my skin feel very smooth. I would love to use this product on a daily basis but I don't think I can afford it! I'll just use it sometimes when I feel like I need heavier coverage than my Stila tinted moisturizer.