August 27, 2014 | 1807 users online

Cleansers - Tatcha - One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by peachandlily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used other cleansing oils in the past but this is my absolute favorite. With other cleansing oils, even Shu Uemura's, I felt like I needed to use another cleanser afterwards to clean off the residue oil. But this one washes away completely without leaving behind an oily film and takes off all my makeup, no matter how thick (including fiber wig mascara).

It's also incredibly moisturizing for a cleanser since it's oil-based. This was my gateway Tatcha product...after this I tried their samples and became a fan and have bought other products as well.

I have dry/oily combo skin (weird right?) and this works with my skin type. Yes, a cleansing oil won't make you more oily.

I admit this is a pretty expensive product but I think it's worth it. And Tatcha packaging is really gorgeous and high-quality, yet usually very functional too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by MegsSister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried Bobbi Brown and Josie Maran cleansing oils, and this is hands down the best. No fragrance, doesn't taste bitter if it gets in your mouth, and a little goes a long way. My skin feels totally clean and also hydrated. Following with the rice grains scrub really does do a great job. Now that it's summer, I'll wait until fall to use it again b/c my face is oilier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleansing oil is amazing! It takes off all my makeup, including eyeliner and mascara. Previously, I tried the DHC Deep Cleansing oil and it didn't make my face clean. I shake the bottle, squirt two pumps into dry hands and gently massage onto my dry face and eyes, then I wet my hands and massage my face again to remove all traces of makeup. Viola! clean skin. It leaves my face soft and silky. I had been using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple for almost a decade, but have switched to this for everyday use. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kimy59

I love this! I have dry skin and this takes off all of my makeup and does not dry my skin out. I have just recieved my second bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Swimblock

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know everyone else loves this oil cleanser and I did too until I got about half way through the bottle. Then I started breaking out. And I would stop using it, breakout would start clearing up, then I'd use it again and I would break out again. On the side of the bottle in small letters it says to shake the product before use. When I first bought it, I did not see those instructions so I did not shake the bottle until I was well into it. It contains more than camilla oil so I've come to the conclusion that as I've used up the product, one of the oils is not agreeing with my skin. So a word to the wise, it is a lovely cleansing oil but make sure you shake the bottle with each use. I ended up tossing out the last 1/3 of the bottle because of the breakouts.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. Heaven in a bottle. The oil is light yet cleanses so well. It melted my primer, cream concealer, liquid foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow with no problems. I didn't have to do a 2nd time. I noticed that this oil left no film on my face, was not heavily scented and did not make my combo skin oily. I purchased the full size in a set with the enzyme classic powder when Tatcha did a special offer. I am glad I did. I have tried another high end brand and a cheap Japanese brand and those two products did nothing notable to my skin. One left a film and the other had a not so good consistency which made a mess. I will be sticking to this oil for now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

LOVE THIS!
This is my HG make up remover for days where I am wearing countless layers of make up! I love using this especially while I shower because it removes make up & cleanses the skin at the same time. You get 150 ml for $48.

The directions calls to pump the product onto dry hands, and then rub it onto a dry face. The make up will literally break and melt off. Once the product comes in contact with water, it turns milky-white, and washes off - leaving your face clean. Unlike other make up oils, you do not have to wash your face after using this. This cleansing oil removes make up AND cleanses your face - how convenient?!

This cleanser is soooo gentle, especially for your under eye area and eyelids. Removes waterproof lipstick/lipstains/mascara like a dream. It did not clog my pores, nor did it strip my skin of its moisture.

It is quite travel friendly as well as it comes with a pump, and a cap to prevent accidentally pushing down on the pump when travelling.

This is my go-to product for nights when I am lazy and want to quickly be done with my face. I will definitely repurchase this as I have found this product to have made my nightly face routine so much quicker.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have tried this product in the sample size twice now with two other Tatcha purchases. I have hesitated to purchase this, because I still struggle to wrap my head around how an oil will cleanse my already oily skin. I had tried the DHC Olive Oil cleanser many years ago, and remember being surprised that it didn't break me out, but that was also a sample only, and I wasn't inclined to purchase the full-size because (at least at the time), DHC recommended the multiple-step cleansing method (where the oil was just step one) and I didn't have the time or money for that kind of hassle. Step ahead 10 years, and this absolutely brutal winter (temps of 20-55 below zero with wind chill) has FINALLY succeeded in drying out my oily skin. (There you have it folks. If you have really oily skin that responds to nothing else, move to Wisconsin.) So I figured now would be a great time to try this product: how much harm could it cause when my skin is so dry, it's flaking off the bone? Each sample pouch gave me about 3 uses, so I have used this product about 6 times & have decided I do want to purchase the full-size. It's actually shocking how well in fact this does cleanse. I start with a wet face & start massaging the oil in a circular motion, adding a little water as I go (I know this is not exactly the Tatcha protocol). I foams up a bit, no stinging, no tingling, nothing of the like. I do not notice a fragrance either, which may be a plus for you if you are sensitive to fragrances. (I suppose if you used a large quantity, the scent would be noticeable, but you need such a small amount). After I've rubbed it in and around adequately, I use a warm cream-colored washcloth to remove. (Splashing isn't really an option with the sink set-up I have.) The shocking part is, the washcloth shows SO much make-up and dirt on it. I can't believe this "oil" is capable to getting all this gunk off my skin! I use a light colored washcloth intentionally, and I can't believe the quantity of make-up this product can pull out of pores (and I wear very, very little). One note, I have not tried it ON my eyes, only around them; I'm currently wearing extensions & don't want oil anywhere near them. So I cannot vouch for the product's ability to remove all eye make-up. Honestly, I would use an eye make-up remover first anyway, because I don't like the idea of swirling around old disgusting mascara all over my face (see Tatcha demonstration video). I personally would also NOT recommend this product to person's whose skin is still very active with break-outs. Mine is relatively calm right now (and very dry as noted). I just cannot see myself using this product if my skin goes back to the way it was: oily and acne-prone. But in the meanwhile, I am loving its gentle cleansing abilities, which are impressive, and non-drying properties. The price is extremely high, but if I am unable to use this year-round anyway (i.e. in summer), it really works out to be reasonable.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by saying that I have extremely sensitive, redness-prone, blemish-prone and rash-prone skin that has become drier since I have been approaching menopause. Since I began my descent from very oily skin to drier skin, it has been a challenge to maintain a skincare regimen that didn't eventually lead to irritation and further dryness. I had to stop using regular facial cleansers because they were just too drying and irritating - even my beloved Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser became too drying for my skin. Then I learned about cleansing oils from Dr. Leslie Baumann's book "The Skintype Solution" and began my experimentation with them. Most of them are fragranced and my skin would eventually develop a rash as a result of the fragrance components, preservatives and other essential oils. I have tried just about every cleansing oil out there, from domestic brands to foreign brands even the coveted Korean brands. This cleansing oil is the gentlest most effective makeup remover and cleanser and my skin has never been better. It's gets everything off with just a few pumps of oil massaged all over the face including the eye area and I mean even stubborn mascara and longwearing eyeliner and eyeshadows, the works. It is easily rinsed off, leaves no oily residue and does not require a washcloth for complete removal. My skin is left soft, soothed and hydrated without greasiness. I have not had any itching, irritation, rashes or breakouts with this cleansing oil. My skin has finally found relief.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by gateley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the little Barbie-sized sample from the Tatcha site, along with a packet of the regular rice powder. Then I ordered another. I have never been so impressed by a cleanser. I'm 60 (ouch) and I'd say I have normal skin, but I can really tell if my cleanser is a little too drying. This just loves my skin, and my skin loves it. Here's how I use it (pm only)
1) Just massage it slowly over my face -- I swear I almost swooned the first time I used it. I take my time and make sure I've massaged it everywhere over my face. I do have to mush it into my lash line because of mascara and Styli semi-permanent eyeliner which I use on my waterline and pushed into the base of my lashes.
2) I just use two, three splashes of water to get it milky looking. My skin still feels like I have oil on it, and now it's wet and ready for...
3) Using the Rice Powder as directed, and get that rich, foamy thing going.
4) Wet my Clairsonic and go over my face as though I were cleansing with the Clarisonic. If it starts to get a little dry, I put more water on the Clarisonic.
5) Rinse like a fool.
My Clarisonic brush is WHITE afterward, Before this, I'd use makeup remover wipes, then cleanse w/cleanser and Clarisonic and too often my Clarisonic came away with makeup on the brush. Now, no pre-wipe, no double rinsing, and my skin feels simultaneously more clean and more soft than it ever has.
On the QVC beauty thread someone recommended Dr. Young Camellia Cleansing Oil and Fleur de Lis Rice Papya Enzyme Powder as FAR less expensive dupes. I'm going to give those a try.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No