Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

4.1

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Water, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance (Natural)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The Camellia Cleansing Oil is the second cleansing oil I've ever used (The first being the Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser) and I absolutely love it. It takes off whatever makeup I have on. On a day to day basis, I typically don't wear much makeup, but when I have a big event, this oil takes care of all of it!

I've been using this cleanser not by itself but as a part of a double-cleansing routine (at night, anyway). First, I use the Tatcha oil to remove my makeup, then I rinse and use the Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser to deep clean. If my skin is feeling particularly gross, I will use the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder. In the morning, I just use the Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil.

I really like this oil. It's very silky and feels nice on the skin. It isn't heavily fragranced, which is nice. I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought the travel size to try it out, and I'm glad I don't have any more to use. I don't find it cleans well, nor does it rinse cleanly - I feel like I have a film left on my face, and going over my skin with toner on a cotton pad reveals a lot of makeup it left behind. I don't wear waterproof or long wearing anything, so it should take it all off, but it simply doesn't. When this is gone, I doubt I stray from my beloved DHC cleansing oil again.

i loved using this cleansing oil since it's not heavily fragranced and felt so light when i used it on my skin. i read one review where they mentioned that this was the only cleansing oil that completely removed their makeup and i would unfortunately disagree. i still had to double cleanse to make sure i had no remnants of makeup on my skin. i was previously using Boscia's cleansing oil and in comparison to Boscia's, Tatcha's oil felt more luxurious but performance-wise, i deemed them quite the same. If i feel like splurging again, i might get Tatcha's but the rational me would think that Boscia's cheaper oil would work just fine.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. It removes makeup well but my skin broke out horribly and it clogged my pores. I liked it but would probably not re-purchase

I absolutely LOVE this Cleansing Oil (sigh). I tried this 2 years ago and this is the BEST Cleansing Oil I have ever used (I'm 49, VERY dry skin, using cleansing oils for the past 10 years). The oil performs beautifully and the SCENT (natural) is SWOON worthy (for me anyway).

PERFORMANCE: I usually use DHC Cleansing Oil (my classic) but when I need a treat (Treat Yo' Self!), Tatcha just does it for me. Yes, it's pricey but I only need 1/3 to 1/2 of this (compared to other brands). Remember to SHAKE before using. I massage the oil onto my DRY face for 30 seconds and add water, product turns milky and rinses away clean. I sometimes leave the oil on for 10 - 15 minutes and massage - this helps me deep clean. Texture is luxurious, cleans beautifully yet leaves my very dry skin supple/moist with NO film/residue.

PACKAGING: Beautiful sturdy functional bottle (with lock and cap) that upgrades any basin/bathroom :-).

Ingredients:Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/eicosadioate, Water, Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Fragrance (Natural), Phenoxyethanol.

Formulated without:
Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Parabens, PEGs, PPGs, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.

Other Oil Cleansers I have TRIED:
- DHC, $28 for 6.7 oz, wonderful, classic for me (my 1st cleansing oil), this was on par with Bosica but DHC nourishes my skin more
- Boscia Cleansing Oil - $28 for 5 oz, The fragrance is lovely, texture is less heavy than DHC's (formula has emulsifiers first THEN oils) - excellent oil cleanser but I reach for the DHC (as it seems more nourishing or my skin)
- Origins Clean Energy Oil - $29 for 6.7 oz, gorgeous but with formula (oils first then emulsifiers), I sometimes need more cleansing but this one is prob. amazing for sensitive skin.
- Amore Pacific Treatment Cleansing Oil - $50 for 6.8 oz, okay left a "slightly oily/greasy film" and my skin was not as radiant or bright or as soft compared to when I use cleansing oils from Boscia or DHC.
- Sulwhasoo - $36 for 6.8 oz (reasonable for Sulwhasoo), okay but this does not feel as nurturing as Tatcha, DHC. Sulwhasoo's ingredient list might indicate why.
- The Face Shop Ricewater Cleansing Rich Oil, $12 for 5 oz - you get what you pay for :-( (too thick, film-y) but this is better than Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil!
- Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil, $37 for 5 oz, only positive is the nice bottle. Horrible fact: main ingredient is mineral oil (ugh) while DHC's is olive oil. Shu's oil left a disgusting film on my face which left me feeling unclean (culprit - mineral oil).

Tatcha customer service (from Tatcha website) is TOP level (kind, patient, really understanding). I called them 3x over past few years and EACH time - they are so GREAT; smart, kind, REAL, welcoming, they seem to be genuinely curious about your product experience whether it's good or bad, they don't rush you off the phone - I don't know any other customer service that matches their level. Tatcha is pricey but they deliver a great experience in many ways and I'm more than happy to support whatever way I can to a GREAT company that delivers great products.

I am 49 yrs old with dry skin since my mid 40s (but had combo/oily skin before). People who work in skincare (dermatologists, plastic surgeon nurses, aestheticians, sales associates at Bergdorf, Barneys, Saks) think I'm 28-34 so I try to take care of my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The biggest and perhaps the most noteworthy aspect of this oil cleanser is that it truly melts everything away, including the most tenacious Japanese waterproof mascaras on the market. This is what sets this cleansers apart from your average run of the mill eye makeup remover or face wash. This is why for me it is completely, undoubtedly, worth the money. No more leftover residue on my eyelashes, no more rubbing, no more dragging the delicate skin around the eyelids. Neutragena's makeup remover just isn't cutting it anymore.

I dab two drops and pat the oil cleanser around the eye area, very gently, and in less than 30 seconds all my waterproof mascaras were melted away with a bit of water. For reference, I use Heroine Kiss Long&Curl, which is a Japanese mascara so difficult to remove the company has actually manufactured its own separate remover, but I also alternate between YSL Faux Cils Waterproof and Full n Soft Waterproof. (I have Asian, fine and straight lashes and therefore all my mascaras must hold a curl.)

Undoubtedly it also is a fabulous oil cleanser, more refined than Kose Softymo's cleansing oil (which is also a great product but not as effective as Tatcha's), and cleanses the skin of dirt, pollution and makeup extremely well.

It's expensive. But I truly doubt that there is a cheaper alternative that cleanses or melts makeup away as well as this product. This isn't a product that I would necessarily use everyday, and I also use cheaper alternatives such as Kose Softymo's cleansing oil and Kiehl's Ultra Facial cleanser, but when my makeup is especially long lasting and requires more hard core cleansing... this is the product I reach for.

I recommend this product for those who have ultra refined tastes and are looking for the top of the line cleansers. However, one can purchase the travel size for $12 for those who want to give the product a go but don't want to shell out $48 for the full size... just something to think about :) The site has free shipping and returns... what are you waiting for ?

(As an after note, I have tried virgin olive oil as a remover and Tatcha is far better for the type of makeup I use.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After many rave reviews from beauty bloggers, I have purchased a travel size bottle of the One Step Camelia Cleansing oil from Tatcha - 25 ml for $12.

First the GOOD: Refillable glass bottle with pump and lock. The oil dissolves makeup and emulsifies with water similar to many other cleansing oils out there.

The BAD: Could not use it around my eyes because it caused an irritating and burning sensation on my skin. Just with the very first use. I suspect the strong fragrance - Tatcha says natural, but it is fragrance nonetheless. To my nose it smells sweet citrus based, no Camellia.

The CONCLUSION: After just one use, packed it back in the box, called Tatcha to obtain a return authorization and dropped it off at FedEx. (What a hassle, what bad customer service. Had to call several times, don't think will order from Tatcha ever again.)

I'll stick with my Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing oil. No fragrance, absolutely does not bother my eyes, removes makeup, tenacious sunscreen etc. and rinses clean with water. Available at Sephora ($27 for 200 ml) and Sephora has the best Customer service ever.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This cleansing oil is excellent for melting off even stubborn waterproof make up, and doesn't have any of the fragrance or detergents that would cause my extremely thirsty and irritable skin to revolt into fits of irritation and/or breakouts. It applies very smoothly, and rinses clean without any residual stickiness or grease.

The packaging is sleek, and the pump has a locking mechanism, which is handy for those who travel, or are a touch clumsy and tend to knock things accidentally off of their bathroom shelves. :D

I won't claim that this price point is going to be workable for everyone, as it is expensive ($48 for 150ml). However, a tiny bit goes a long way, and the bottle will last a long time, even for those of us who have to cleanse off a full face of make up daily.

As light as this is, it is still an oil, and might be a touch too rich for oily/combination skin. If you are also on the dry/sensitive end of the spectrum, this is a quality product, which I am totally planning to repurchase.

I'm reviewing this based on a sample I got from Sephora, I wanted to try this oil because I love the Enzyme powder, it removes all of my makeup and makes my face soft but I still need to use a second cleanser to get rid of the oiliness. I'll stick to a foaming cleanser that I can use with my Clarisonic brush.
Edit: purchased this during sephora vib sale because of the great reviews but returned it. It leaves my face oily and still need to use a second cleanser.

This is a lovely, lightweight cleansing oil that takes off the majority of my makeup, including eyes, smells great and doesn't leave behind a greasy film on my face.