Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

4.4

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Water, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance (Natural)

on 2/10/2015 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This may have replaced DHC as my favorite oil cleanser! I've tried a lot of cleansing oils (Shu, DHC, Nars, Mac, etc.) and I haven't strayed from DHC because I haven't found anything better, but I may like Tatcha's enough to make the switch. It has a thicker consistency and a heavenly scent that makes washing my face feel so luxurious! It removes makeup easily (including liquid liner and waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin soft. I currently follow up with the Tatcha rice powder and serum from the discovery kit, and the products seen to work well together. My only qualm is that it contains alcohol, although it's near the end of the list of ingredients.

on 2/1/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just received the sample bottle of this ....and so far I'm in love. It is so light and doesn't leave my face feeling sticky or oily at all. It took off every bit of my makeup too, including mascara and foundation. I love it. Tatcha's packaging is so beautiful with everything they do. I will continue to get this product....I just wish their items weren't so expensive. But I love everything I've tried from them so far. ESPECIALLY THE RICE POWDER FACIAL SCRUB.....YUMMY!

on 10/19/2014 6:44:00 PM

Outstanding quality product! This "oil" removes all makeup including any type of waterproof cosmetics especially mascara. I actually find my eyelashes are softer and healthier, because of the gentleness and effectiveness of this oil. Have this product along with the Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder on a double auto ship at QVC. This is a gentle and delightful product to use. I even use it when I am not wearing makeup (only lip and eye makeup is what I wear; no foundation whatsoever) to wash my face since it is gentle and very pleasing to the skin to use along with the Tatcha rice powder which removes "dead" skin cells. Both products last several months since you need a small amount for daily use. Price is well worth it for the long lasting results. Nothing harsh for the skin.

on 9/30/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is absolutely one of the finest oils I have ever used, I have many Clarins body and face oils, Dr. Haushka Day oil, Shu Uemura cleansing oil and Erno Laszlo Phyletil (sp) oil and this one from Tatcha removes 100% of my make up , this includes mascara. You need only one drop as opposed to the two suggested in the directions and everything dissolves beautifully and gently. However for some reason after I rinsed it off my skin felt dry, which is odd since I have a normal balanced skin. I then followed with the regular Rice Powder cleanser, it too was lovely and thorough yet gentle, however my skin still needed a toner to feel balanced. I was thinking of replacing my Laszlo ritual of oil, Sea-Mud soap and Light Controlling Lotion, but alas it was not to be. Now mind you I have beautiful skin that looks like a twenty year old rather than that of someone in their late fifties. This is truly a beautiful line and the care and attention to every detail down to printing the directions on rice paper is truly a sublime Japanese experience. I want to add that the rice powder could be something I will keep in my arsenal as a morning cleanser as my complexion felt smooth as glass.

on 7/29/2014 5:37:00 PM

I've used other cleansing oils in the past but this is my absolute favorite. With other cleansing oils, even Shu Uemura's, I felt like I needed to use another cleanser afterwards to clean off the residue oil. But this one washes away completely without leaving behind an oily film and takes off all my makeup, no matter how thick (including fiber wig mascara).

It's also incredibly moisturizing for a cleanser since it's oil-based. This was my gateway Tatcha product...after this I tried their samples and became a fan and have bought other products as well.

I have dry/oily combo skin (weird right?) and this works with my skin type. Yes, a cleansing oil won't make you more oily.

I admit this is a pretty expensive product but I think it's worth it. And Tatcha packaging is really gorgeous and high-quality, yet usually very functional too.

on 5/30/2014 7:25:00 PM

I've tried Bobbi Brown and Josie Maran cleansing oils, and this is hands down the best. No fragrance, doesn't taste bitter if it gets in your mouth, and a little goes a long way. My skin feels totally clean and also hydrated. Following with the rice grains scrub really does do a great job. Now that it's summer, I'll wait until fall to use it again b/c my face is oilier.

on 5/19/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleansing oil is amazing! It takes off all my makeup, including eyeliner and mascara. Previously, I tried the DHC Deep Cleansing oil and it didn't make my face clean. I shake the bottle, squirt two pumps into dry hands and gently massage onto my dry face and eyes, then I wet my hands and massage my face again to remove all traces of makeup. Viola! clean skin. It leaves my face soft and silky. I had been using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple for almost a decade, but have switched to this for everyday use. Love it!

on 4/4/2014 5:45:00 PM

I love this! I have dry skin and this takes off all of my makeup and does not dry my skin out. I have just recieved my second bottle.

on 3/12/2014 9:30:00 PM

I know everyone else loves this oil cleanser and I did too until I got about half way through the bottle. Then I started breaking out. And I would stop using it, breakout would start clearing up, then I'd use it again and I would break out again. On the side of the bottle in small letters it says to shake the product before use. When I first bought it, I did not see those instructions so I did not shake the bottle until I was well into it. It contains more than camilla oil so I've come to the conclusion that as I've used up the product, one of the oils is not agreeing with my skin. So a word to the wise, it is a lovely cleansing oil but make sure you shake the bottle with each use. I ended up tossing out the last 1/3 of the bottle because of the breakouts.

on 3/12/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a wonderful product. Heaven in a bottle. The oil is light yet cleanses so well. It melted my primer, cream concealer, liquid foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow with no problems. I didn't have to do a 2nd time. I noticed that this oil left no film on my face, was not heavily scented and did not make my combo skin oily. I purchased the full size in a set with the enzyme classic powder when Tatcha did a special offer. I am glad I did. I have tried another high end brand and a cheap Japanese brand and those two products did nothing notable to my skin. One left a film and the other had a not so good consistency which made a mess. I will be sticking to this oil for now on.