Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Water, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance (Natural)

on 3/22/2015 12:52:00 PM

This is a lovely, lightweight cleansing oil that takes off the majority of my makeup, including eyes, smells great and doesn't leave behind a greasy film on my face.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

It cost me a whopping $60 Canadian dollars to buy this! And so you think I would return it since there are other oil cleansers that are cheaper and just as effective. But no, I am keeping my bottle because for 1, it works easily to melt off errythang off my face....2, the ingredients list is awesome (no fragrance!)....3, the bottle. Yes, the bottle! It is perfectly designed with a twist off cap that I can refill with another oil cleanser once this runs out. Plus it seems safe for traveling because it has a "twist and lock" mechanism to close the pump (twist to the right and you can dispense product, twist to left to lock the pump). Sooooo, I am keeping my overpriced cleanser TYVM and will refill it with another once done (will try L'Occitane shea oil cleanser or The Body Shop's chamomile oil cleanser next). Yea yea...these options may have fragrance but I am kind of ok with that in a cleanser.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am addicted to Tatcha cleansing oil along with her other products. I have been using quite a few Asian skincare lines for the past three years. I have liked most products. I was using oils but also different cleansers so I did not feel a oil cleanser was a big deal. I tried The History of Whoo, Sulwhasoo and SKII (favorite) cleansing oils but then I bought the Su:m37 rose cleansing stick and was not using my oils as much. Once I tried Tatcha cleansing oil and her enzyme face powder I felt like all the other oils I used could not measure up to how great these products are. I try to give a product a good three plus months to feel if it is really working and good and can tell in a shorter time frame if it does not agree with my skin or I don't like it. This oil is wonderful, it turns in to a milky cleanser when you add water and rinses totally clean leaving no oil residue on your face or in your eyes. My skin feels so soft and also moisturized. Some cleansers leave a tight feeling on my face. Because I like this product so much I gave a bottle to my daughter to try and she loves it. She had very sensitive skin, prone to redness and hormonal acne with clogged pores. She said this oil takes off all her makeup and leaves her skin clean and soft. She hated many of the drugstore oils she bought for makeup removal because she said her skin still felt oily or her eyes cloudy. Now she has been giving the trial size bottle of this oil as gifts to her friends. I also do this and a few of my friends who never used oil cleansers have now switched. Yes the price is expensive but you only need a small amount for your whole face and then you add water to it to wash your face after the oil alone so it does a great job.

on 2/10/2015 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This may have replaced DHC as my favorite oil cleanser! I've tried a lot of cleansing oils (Shu, DHC, Nars, Mac, etc.) and I haven't strayed from DHC because I haven't found anything better, but I may like Tatcha's enough to make the switch. It has a thicker consistency and a heavenly scent that makes washing my face feel so luxurious! It removes makeup easily (including liquid liner and waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin soft. I currently follow up with the Tatcha rice powder and serum from the discovery kit, and the products seen to work well together. My only qualm is that it contains alcohol, although it's near the end of the list of ingredients.

on 2/1/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just received the sample bottle of this ....and so far I'm in love. It is so light and doesn't leave my face feeling sticky or oily at all. It took off every bit of my makeup too, including mascara and foundation. I love it. Tatcha's packaging is so beautiful with everything they do. I will continue to get this product....I just wish their items weren't so expensive. But I love everything I've tried from them so far. ESPECIALLY THE RICE POWDER FACIAL SCRUB.....YUMMY!

on 10/19/2014 6:44:00 PM

Outstanding quality product! This "oil" removes all makeup including any type of waterproof cosmetics especially mascara. I actually find my eyelashes are softer and healthier, because of the gentleness and effectiveness of this oil. Have this product along with the Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder on a double auto ship at QVC. This is a gentle and delightful product to use. I even use it when I am not wearing makeup (only lip and eye makeup is what I wear; no foundation whatsoever) to wash my face since it is gentle and very pleasing to the skin to use along with the Tatcha rice powder which removes "dead" skin cells. Both products last several months since you need a small amount for daily use. Price is well worth it for the long lasting results. Nothing harsh for the skin.

on 9/30/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is absolutely one of the finest oils I have ever used, I have many Clarins body and face oils, Dr. Haushka Day oil, Shu Uemura cleansing oil and Erno Laszlo Phyletil (sp) oil and this one from Tatcha removes 100% of my make up , this includes mascara. You need only one drop as opposed to the two suggested in the directions and everything dissolves beautifully and gently. However for some reason after I rinsed it off my skin felt dry, which is odd since I have a normal balanced skin. I then followed with the regular Rice Powder cleanser, it too was lovely and thorough yet gentle, however my skin still needed a toner to feel balanced. I was thinking of replacing my Laszlo ritual of oil, Sea-Mud soap and Light Controlling Lotion, but alas it was not to be. Now mind you I have beautiful skin that looks like a twenty year old rather than that of someone in their late fifties. This is truly a beautiful line and the care and attention to every detail down to printing the directions on rice paper is truly a sublime Japanese experience. I want to add that the rice powder could be something I will keep in my arsenal as a morning cleanser as my complexion felt smooth as glass.

on 7/29/2014 5:37:00 PM

I've used other cleansing oils in the past but this is my absolute favorite. With other cleansing oils, even Shu Uemura's, I felt like I needed to use another cleanser afterwards to clean off the residue oil. But this one washes away completely without leaving behind an oily film and takes off all my makeup, no matter how thick (including fiber wig mascara).

It's also incredibly moisturizing for a cleanser since it's oil-based. This was my gateway Tatcha product...after this I tried their samples and became a fan and have bought other products as well.

I have dry/oily combo skin (weird right?) and this works with my skin type. Yes, a cleansing oil won't make you more oily.

I admit this is a pretty expensive product but I think it's worth it. And Tatcha packaging is really gorgeous and high-quality, yet usually very functional too.

on 5/30/2014 7:25:00 PM

I've tried Bobbi Brown and Josie Maran cleansing oils, and this is hands down the best. No fragrance, doesn't taste bitter if it gets in your mouth, and a little goes a long way. My skin feels totally clean and also hydrated. Following with the rice grains scrub really does do a great job. Now that it's summer, I'll wait until fall to use it again b/c my face is oilier.

on 5/19/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleansing oil is amazing! It takes off all my makeup, including eyeliner and mascara. Previously, I tried the DHC Deep Cleansing oil and it didn't make my face clean. I shake the bottle, squirt two pumps into dry hands and gently massage onto my dry face and eyes, then I wet my hands and massage my face again to remove all traces of makeup. Viola! clean skin. It leaves my face soft and silky. I had been using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple for almost a decade, but have switched to this for everyday use. Love it!