Clinique Perfecting BB Cream

2.7

on 2/28/2015 7:58:00 AM

I bought this in shade 02 last fall, when I still had a bit of a tan, and it seemed like a good color for me. However, now that it's late winter and my skin is pale, it's a bit too dark for me and there also seems to be a grayish cast to the color. On the plus side, it covers as well as a foundation, which means that the redness and uneven coloring in my skin are much less noticeable. On the minus side - and I don't know why I didn't notice this when I bought it - it has no SPF protection at all, which is highly unusual in a BB cream. I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/15/2015 7:55:00 AM

I went to SDM looking for a tinted moisturizer or BB cream to even out my complexion- unfortunately I ended up with a SA without a lot of product knowledge AND she herself had bad foundation on. That was my first clue that I should have run the other way. I'm very breakout prone and tend to do well with Clinique which is probably why I didn't insist on something else when trying this in store. I'm fair and ended up with Shade 2. After getting home I did find this a little dark but Shade 1 was too light. On application it is streaky, thick and dried quickly, and settled into my large pores (when I tried pointing that out to the SA she tried to sell me a primer....IMO a primer shouldn't be essential with a BB cream.) After 2 days I'm horribly broken out. THE WORST!!!
Other notes: I paid $44 at Shoppers, this product has no SPF (fine by me, I use a separate block since I don't want to have to glob a good 1/4 tsp on my face to get adequate coverage). There are some skin-improving ingredients (squalene, caffeine, etc) listed but they are halfway down so I'm not sure if there is enough to actually do anything.

on 4/15/2014 5:09:00 PM

Not what I expected - didn't deliver what most high end BB cremes should deliver (on my face anyways). The choice of shades aren't great either - it seemed Shade 01 (the one I bought) is too light and Shade 02 is too dark. I'm fair-skinned and it's the end of the winter where I live, therefore my complexion is as pale as I get and this was too light on me - it washed me right out, in fact. The next shade up was much too dark, unfortunately. It went on alright, wasn't difficult to put on, but just did not look good at all.

I tried this as Clinique and Estee Lauder are sister companies and the place I went didn't carry Estee Lauder so I thought I would give this one a try. It's a little but cheaper than Estee Lauder's BB creme...I returned this product and will be purchasing Estee Lauder's BB creme again - I learned my lesson and will stick with EL from now on for BB cremes!

on 2/15/2014 9:33:00 AM

this bb cream has good coverage. unfortunetly what that coverage for me is a dull greyish tinted chalkiness. I expected way more from such an expensive product. it feels nice until it dries into an uneven film on my face. its a tinted moisturizer rather than bb. would make a good moisturizer too if the chalky tint was left out.

on 5/29/2013 9:15:00 PM

Excellent coverage. Not too sure if it's doing anything for my skin but I do like wearing it if I want my skin to breathe.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm impressed. This BB does what it says it will - smooths the look of my skin, and it covers quite well (would use some concealer on anything stubborn...). I also can't feel it once it's on, and I don't have to wait for it to dry and set (like some other BB's I've tried).
My skin is olive/medium-toned, and I am using shade 2 (I believe there are only 3). It's perfect. It truly does not look like I'm wearing anything on my face - just looks like great skin ;)