September 17, 2014 | 1269 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This is a good drugstore mascara. I think I have unreal expectations of mascara because in every ad they're either photoshopped or have false lashes on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the way this mascara looked after initial application. It was cheap (I think $4.99 at Ulta) and I liked that too. You can really add some drama by adding more on. But by mid-day I noticed a had a TON of flakes around my eye, and then by the end of the day it was mostly worn off. And I had a black eye. Can't believe noone else seems to be having this problem. I wouldn't buy again because it just seems to flake too much. I'm on day 3 of trying this and having the same issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Tamarachehade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not the kind of girl who buys cheap makeup. I love saving my money and buying beautiful expensive products. However, every time i pass my the essence corner in my grocery store I pick up some products just for fun.

Fortunately I picked up this mascara. It was a revelation, truly.
I've tried plenty of mascaras; Lancome's made my eyes blood red, Chanel were not very impressive,

So Dior's were till now the best I tried.
Then I tried this mascara. I literally screamed "WOW" when i finished the first layer.

Really, you need to try this

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by amberlee577

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I am a lover of any good packaging the tube is beautiful and fun! it makes my lashes full and thicker. I would highly recommend it to any one to buy this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love I Love Extreme Crazy Volume mascara!! It's my go-to for amping up the drama and for only $5 CAD! You basically get what mascaras costing 5x as much fail to do properly (YSL, Tarte, Benefit, MAC... :).

It gives great length, is intense black, holds a curl like it ain't no thang and of course adds loads of volume in a few swipes. As the name implies, it's for girls who want their eyes to pop. Not the time for utterly fluttery soft type of lashes here! :P

The application was a learning curve. The wand is ginormous so you shouldn't apply too quickly lest you should risk transfer/clumpiness. Gently swipe it upward without wiggling and the finish is perfectly voluminous and curled. The wand collects a lot of product so you should wipe the end to avoid getting a nasty mess on the side of your nose. Removing is a bit tough but not so much that it caused my lashes to fall out (looking at you, Tarte LCL!).

A lot of people have commented on the juvenile packaging and I totally agree that it's sort of teeny-bopper rebel chick but it kind of reminds me of when I was first starting to experiment with makeup which is nice...just me? Ok :) Also, I agree it would be nice if it were sealed.

Lastly, just want to say L'Oreal Voluminous is still my all time HG but this is such a little bang for your buck that it deserves the 5 lippies from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loveeeeeee this mascara. This review is just a first impression as I just got this yesterday. I have thin, sparse, straight - typical Asian lashes. With one coat, my lashes were dark and thick!! It does grab a bit of product on the wand, so wipe off the excess on the opening. Two coats and my lashes are dark, thick with nice length. Will definitely repurchase. Love Essence products. My only gripe is that Essence products aren't sealed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I think that with essence's mascara you cannot go wrong.. They are cheap and good quality for the price and this one was really good and had a good size for my little eyes and short lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

OMG! This mascara is not what you'd expect for a really cheap mascara (2.80!). It's really amazing! It thickens, lengthens, holds curl and makes lashes really "extreme". It is so cheap and works better than expensive mascaras I have tried with no clumps, I am really impressed and will continue to purchase and buy another :D You need this in your life! Hahaha.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my favourite. cheap, works great. love it because it comes off easily when washing face but stays nice all day regardless. I always get compliments, people ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I purchased this product because I was searching for a dupe (-ish) variety of Covergirl's Lashblast mascara from a brand that doesn't do animal testing. (*I am PRETTY sure Essence is cruelty-free. I found a source that confirmed it, but also another one that said it was questionable...I trusted my first source, though. Tryin' my best over here.).

I LOVE Lashblast, and I have to say that this is just as good for me. What I like better about I Love Extreme is:

-Price! Only 5$ at ULTA. What a steal.

-Formula! It's very, very build-able. I don't find it clumpy, I think I can do 3 coats and have crazy false-looking lashes.

The only con I have is the brush size is a little crazy long, but it has nice end bristles (which I like for corners/bottom lashes).

All in all, this is a guilt-free purchase because it's CHEAP as heck and you don't have to support animal testing!