November 27, 2014 | 1393 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think mascara is one of the most subjective beauty products. This one seemed to work for a lot of other users, but not for me. The formula was thick and gloopy, and the comb style brush just did not distribute it well on my lashes and picked up too much product. I could have made it work by going through it with a spoolie, but it was not worth the effort. Luckily, it was only about 3 bucks wasted for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is THE BOMB. I know everyone always says that "you get what you paid for". That is definitely not the case with this mascara. At only $4.99 a tube, it works just as well as the $25+ Lancome and Dior Mascaras.

Mascara is one of those tricky things where you want a good quality product without breaking the bank. Seeing as it needs to be replace every few months, it's not very economical to be buying $25 tubes all the time! I stumbled on Essence while I was doing an exchange over broad in Germany. The essence stands in Germany are unbelievable by the way! So much more selection. Every time I go back for a visit, I stock up!

I bought 3 different kinds of mascara from them (The I Love Extreme - Black Tube, and the Yellow Tube one (can't remember the name). This one was my favorite by far, you can use one coat for a "natural" no make-up look. Or you can use multiple coats and build it up for a "falsie" look. I did only give it 4 lippies for a few reasons

Pros:
-Build able - 1 Coat for Natural Look, Multiple for Falsies Look
-Very Black
-Long Wearing - Doesn't flake off
-Holds Curl
-Low Price
-Doesn't irritate eyes - I'm a contact lens wearer and have extremely dry eyes, and it didn't irritate them one bit!

Cons:
-The formula is "wet", so you need to be careful when applying. There were a few times where I've pulled the wand out (in front of my eyes), to have a bit drip on my face. It's a bit annoying, but you just have to remember to pull the wand out then bring it up to your face. If you aren't a fan of the "wetter" formulas. Try the I love extreme (in a black bottle) from Essence instead. It's very similar to this, just a bit "drier"
-The wand is quite big, I struggle to use this on my lower lash line. It can definitely be done if you are precise and have a steady hand. However I found that I often got smudges on my lower lash line. I also do my makeup in under 5 minutes, so I am a bit "sloppy".
Instead I just used Maybelline Falsies on my lower lash line. Since the Essence formula is so cheap it doesn't really break the bank to buy a lower lash mascara as well.

Consider the price, they aren't the biggest cons ever. I'm officially converted and go through many tubes of this! I will never buy another high end mascara again.

If you are ever checking out the Essence stands (at Shoppers Drug Mart - for Canadian Girls), make sure you check out their gel eyeliner (SERIOUS HG product), and the blush in Babydoll.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by purplepotatos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product due to the many good reviews and of course the cheap price. I am now sorry I had. It barely lengthended my lashes and had tons of clumps. Although I enjoy the brush style, it is a little too big for coating bottom and inner eye lashes. I will never buy again. One of the worst mascara's I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this mascara. I have small, sparse and very stubby little lashes and this makes them look amazing. Its like I had no idea how much potential was hiding within my lashes.... ;) the curl last all day and they stay beautiful.

While there are a couple cons with this product I didn't take off any lippies because the performance out weighs the cons.

Cons

A little bit flakey. Its not crazy....a little flick and they are gone. Some people despise this though so its worth mentioning.

Very goopy and strange wand. The wand actually works great but you absolutely have to run the wand a few times across the top to take off the excess mascara because WAY too much comes out. This is another something that would drive a few people mad. Personally though, because of the effect I get after scraping some off the wand I don't mind. I replace mascara so often anyway that its not an issue. My lashes are just incredible after.

Lastly, the packaging isn't sealed. This is an essence thing though and not really product related. Lots of people open products in the drugstore and so its kind of scary to buy something that may have been opened. I actually opened mine half way to make sure the wand was clean and the product wasn't near the top of the wand. It was the very back one too so I thought its safe. I didn't have any issues. This is the biggest pitfall with essence mascara. At least the others you can give a spray with alcohol.

Anyway, I'm happy and this is a great mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Prabby

I absolutely love this mascara, and I rarely say that about any mascara. I am really pick and love a lot of length and volume. i only have 2 favourites the covergirl clump crusher and the benefit they're real. but this is right on top with them. it gives the most amazing lift to my lashes and is so black (which i love). people says this flakes a lot but to avoid it apply one coat and let it dry completely then add the next one, that usually helps me. for the price I think i will never find another mascara that i love more than this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do love the intense volume you get with this, its super jet black and gives very full looking lashes. Had to take off one lippie because it does get a bit clumpy, the formula is a bit wet, but for the price I would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by izzbizzz

LOVE this! I've tried (and have) so many different mascaras and ever since I bought this one, I've been using it every single day. It gives crazy volume AND length without any clumping - gives SUCH nice lashes! And great price!! No need to go high-end for mascaras. Only con - packaging is too big!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sunny899

This mascara looked fab when i applied it, other members saying it makes it look like u are wearing false lashes are right,it really does. Sadly..after a few hours this completly flakes out on me and literally crumbles so my eyes are a black itchy mess....not a good look..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Kshedrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this mascara and I will be purchasing this until they stop makin it. I found Essence "I love extreme crazy volume" masara through reviews, I wanted a highly reviewed mascara. I am a mascara junkie and I have yet to find one that I can't live without. Seeing how so many people were saying "wow" I thought for $4.99 I could try it. While I was at Ulta I was looking at Urban Decay mascara and if anybody knows their mascara the brush is a lot like the brush for "Big Fatty".

So... It is a wet formula but I can deal, what I do to keep my lashes from sticking together is put one light coat of maybelline colossal, let that dry and then with a gentle hand I put 1 heavy coat of "I love extreme crazy volume" it gives me volume and crazy length. The color is black as can be and once it dries my lashes are soft. If I put one more coat on it looks like I have falsies on! Someone asked if putting falsies on was hard. Ha! Love love love this mascara. I would say that the first few times is trial and error because it is wet and the brush is huge. I think it's definitely best to let your first coat dry before the next... And the next.
A lot of people said they loved it but it flaked on them or the staying power wasn't good yet had a hard time washing it off. I found that the staying power is awesome. It outlasts the rest of my makeup on my face and it washes off just fine, whatever is left over I use a tiny bit of lotion to rub on my eyes and remove with a cloth.

I have to say again how awesomely HUGE my lashes look with this on, the tips go past the crease in my eyelid and they fan out like falsies. For $4.99 you cannot go wrong and it's a huge tube! I can't find anything negative to say and I have had it for almost 2 weeks. You want this mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have a good relationship with my eyelashes. They are poker straight (difficulty achieving any kind of a curl) and they are very short in size too. So logically, I should go for a lengthening mascara.. not a volumizing one. This is what brings me to this specific product. I bought it by mistake, I didn't read the label carefully and didn't see that it is a volumizing product. You see, I've had so much success with Essence's 'I love' range (the glossy kajal pencil is too die for) that I neglected to check the specifics.

But boy, am I happy that I accidentally purchased this.

Unlike other volumizing mascaras I have tried, this stuff was a dream to put on and the applicator was ideal for my short eyelashes. The formula itself is decent and the colour pay off is a true black.

If I could make a recommendation it would be to WAIT for one coat to dry before applying a second coat as this will cause clumping.

Other then that, I am in love. A customer even asked me was I wearing false eyelashes while I was wearing this mascara.