October 21, 2014 | 2027 users online

Powder - Yves Rocher - Illuminating Pearls

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know if these are meant to be a dupe for the Guerlain Meteorites or if it was meant to be a highlighter. I don't think they work either way. They leave a lot of shimmer on the skin as opposed to the Meteorites which leave a nice sheen and a brightened complexion. As highlighter these may work in pale complexions but not on medium or darker ones. Also, the pearls are very fragile, mine are mostly destroyed leaving a mess in the pot. These were a special Christmas 2012 product and maybe they will appear this season but I rather invest in Guerlain Meteorites or in Benefit's Moon Beam.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A low-end version of Guerlain's Meteorites. I would have given it 4 lippies, because the tone they give my skin, is rather even, pleasant and fresh, but the fact, that this powder, as the time passes, develops a shine and highlights and accentuates every wrinkle on my face, is dragging the review 1 lippie down: nobody wants to look older, no matter how nice the colour is! There's also a lot of loose powder lying around in the box after a while and it gets somehow compressed in the crease of the bottom part of the box, so it doesn't really stick to the brush (the brush is not supplied, but I use the Yves Rocher kabuki one - who knows, maybe it's the brush that is causing it...).The security lid is impossible to take off without either unplugging it with all the mighty force once has and making all the pearls fly out of it, or dig under it with nails ( bye bye, manicure ). I didn't break out after it and my skin is no oilier, than it was before, which is a plus. Wouldn't buy it again, since powders with shimmer will be only restricted to the cheeckbone area for me, so I would rather go for the blush instead next time.