August 20, 2014 | 1440 users online

Moisturizers - Grateful Body - Extra Gentle Moisturizer

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Description from gratefulbody.com: Safe and comfortable, our extra gentle moisturizer is perfect for sensitive skin. Using healing botanicals like borage, yarrow, wild lettuce and st. johnswort, this scent-free, calming moisturizer is especially beneficial for easily-troubled skin.

This is a first impressions review for the moisturizer. I received the moisturizer through the mail earlier today. I tried it this evening after using the cleanser and toner. Lets just say my skin is glowing after one use and not in a bad way read on for my experience.

I purchased a 0.25 oz sample size of the moisturizer for $3.00 from the Grateful Body website. The full size of the moisturizer is 2 fl oz and retails for $36.00 The packaging like the full size is a glass amber bottle The label has the Grateful Body logo and handwritten is the name of the product. The moisturizer is marked as has unscented. I find that this is true and it does have a light herbal smell, nothing that is overpowering or strong. The moisturizer is pale yellow and creamy in consistency. On my skin it felt lightweight, spread easily, moisturized my skin without being oily or not enough moisturizing and without any irritation at all. Also my skin is glowing but not from being oily but from this wonderful moisturizer In fact after I moisturized my face there was actually a decrease in the redness on my face. My skin looked more even toned. Also it did not irritate my rosacea or acne which is amazing.

My skin before trying out the moisturizer was red (cheeks and nose,) clogged pores on my nose, cheeks and chin, no active breakouts surprisingly, red acne marks/scars, and ice pick acne scarring on my cheeks. My skin is extremely sensitive to everything, highly acne prone, slight rosacea prone (cheeks only,) and clogged pore prone. But after using the moisturizer for only the first time my skin is: less red, not irritated, no acne or rosacea breakouts, gently but effectively moisturized and a lot softer and smoother.

I know that is hard to tell how this moisturizer will do over a extended period of time with only one use but I feel really confident that it will do well. If skin does not like something it will let me know. I will be doing a two week update on how my skin reacts and looks with the use of the moisturizer.

Also the company is certified by Green Products Alliance for being 100% Natural and Chemical Free; Leaping Bunny for being Cruelty Free; No Animal Testing; Green America approved for people and planet; Certified Vegan for having all products vegan; All products are Gluten Free; United Plant Saver for Using and Protecting Native Medicinal Plants.

If you have sensitive/acne prone skin you need to try this moisturizer. ;]

*I added the Ingredients in the Ingredients tab if you're curious. :)