July 24, 2014 | 1904 users online

Toners - Extra Gentle Toner

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Description from gratefulbody.com: This calming hydrating mistutilizing the amazing healing activity of yarrow, red clover and yellow dockis balancing and soothing for sensitive, distressed or chemically-sensitive skin. Used and loved by a legion of grateful bodies, our unscented Extra-Gentle Toner refreshes, protects and strengthens even the most reactive skin types.

This is a first impressions review for the toner. I received the toner through the mail earlier today. I tried it this evening after using the cleanser to get all the oil and grime off of my face from the day. Dare I say my pores look smaller with one useread on for my experience.

I purchased a 0.25 oz sample size of the toner for $3.00 from the Grateful Body website. The full size of the toner is 4 fl oz and retails for $22.00 The packaging like the full size is a glass amber bottle The label has the Grateful Body logo and handwritten is the name of the product. The toner is marked as has unscented. I find that this is true and it does have a light herbal smell, nothing that is overpowering or strong. The toner is a clear liquid. On my skin it felt lightweight, toned effectively (pores seem smaller and clearer,) without irritation or redness.. In fact after I toner my face there was actually a decrease in the redness on my face. My skin looked more even toned. Also it did not irritate my rosacea or acne which is amazing.

My skin before trying out the toner was red (cheeks and nose,) clogged pores on my nose, cheeks and chin, no active breakouts surprisingly, red acne marks/scars, and ice pick acne scarring on my cheeks. My skin is extremely sensitive to everything, highly acne prone, slight rosacea prone (cheeks only,) and clogged pore prone. But after using the toner for only the first time my skin is: less red, not irritated, no acne or rosacea breakouts, gently but effectively toned and a lot softer and smoother.

I know that is hard to tell how this toner will do over a extended period of time with only one use but I feel really confident that it will do well. If skin does not like something it will let me know. I will be doing a two week update on how my skin reacts and looks with the use of the toner

Also the company is certified by Green Products Alliance for being 100% Natural and Chemical Free; Leaping Bunny for being Cruelty Free; No Animal Testing; Green America approved for people and planet; Certified Vegan for having all products vegan; All products are Gluten Free; United Plant Saver for Using and Protecting Native Medicinal Plants.

If you have sensitive/acne prone skin you need to try this toner. ;]

*I added the Ingredients in the Ingredients tab if you're curious. :)