August 31, 2014 | 1385 users online

Cleansers - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Description from gratefulbody.com: A mild, calming Cleanser for easily-troubled skin. This simple, scent-free formula soothes and comforts sensitive, distressed, or chemically-sensitive skin, using time-honored healing and strengthening botanicals including burdock, calendula, aloe and cleavers.

This is a first impressions review for the cleanser. I received the cleanser through the mail earlier today. I tried it this evening to get all the oil and grime off of my face from the day. I do not wear makeup so I can speak to the effectiveness it has on that. But I can gladly say I am very pleased with the cleanser thus farread on for my experience.

I purchased a 0.25 oz sample size of the cleanser for $3.00 from the Grateful Body website. The full size of the cleanser is 4 fl oz and retails for $26.00 The packaging like the full size is a glass amber bottle The label has the Grateful Body logo and handwritten is the name of the product/ The cleanser is marked as has unscented. I find that this is true and it does have a light herbal smell, nothing that is overpowering or strong. The cleanser is pale yellow and creamy in consistency. On my skin it felt lightweight, spread easily (you will need to wet your face beforehand,) and cleansed gently but effectively without any irritation at all. In fact after I washed my face there was actually a decrease in the redness on my face. My skin looked more even toned. Also it did not irritate my rosacea or acne which is amazing.

My skin before trying out the cleanser was red (cheeks and nose,) clogged pores on my nose, cheeks and chin, no active breakouts surprisingly, red acne marks/scars, and ice pick acne scarring on my cheeks. My skin is extremely sensitive to everything, highly acne prone, slight rosacea prone (cheeks only,) and clogged pore prone. But after using the cleanser for only the first time my skin is: less red, not irritated, no acne or rosacea breakouts, gently but effectively cleansed and a lot softer and smoother.

I know that is hard to tell how this cleanser will do over a extended period of time with only one use but I feel really confident that it will do well. If skin does not like something it will let me know. I will be doing a two week update on how my skin reacts and looks with the use of the cleanser.

If you have sensitive/acne prone skin you need to try this cleanser. ;]

*I added the Ingredients in the Ingredients tab if you're curious. :)