December 17, 2014 | 1780 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by snowfitness1

I can't even express how much I dislike this mascara!! There is positively NOTHING that I like about it!!! If you are looking for Tammy Faye Bakker lashes that resemble huge, thick spider legs around your eyes, then THIS is for YOU! Lol! I got advice from the company on how to apply it, as well as YouTube tutorials, and I finally got a semi decent look, but the stay-ability is horrendous!!! I had it on for an evening out, and when I got back home (about 3 hours later) there was aweful smudgy residue and fiber under my eyes--soooo pretty! NOT!!! I will give them this- when I did achieve a non-spidery look, they were definitely long and pretty, but it just didn't last on me. (I don't touch my eyes either.) Oh well, at least I gave it several months of trial before deciding to post my negative review.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Nikki1k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The fibers fell out into my eyes and under my eyes . I tired it twice used it as directed .

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Popcandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This the best thing you can ever buy with money if you have thin straight lashes like me. I was always not comfortable with how thin and straight my eyelashes look. I have tried many mascaras ranging from the very famous great lash to benefits they're real which is everyone's favourite. I was quite satisfied by they're real but just felt like it might be a bit too wet so I turned back to drugstores mascaras. They are nice but there is nothing that can give really give me great length. I was fascinated by this cool mascara and decided to purchase this despite its horribly high price. But it proved to me that it worths every penny.
The fibres make my eyelashes almost a time longer and 2 times thicker. It is even longer than falsies! I have the most average eyelashes in the entire world and they cannot hold a curl without a heated eyelash curler. Everyone complains about the fallout but that can happen with any eyeshadow. The gel is made to be clumpy/sticky or the fibres would not be able to adhere on it, so if that's a problem for you, just brush with a lash comb! The only people who hate it are those who apply it wrongly.
The correct procedures are as follows:
Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler. Blow dry the curler to heat it up for 5 to 7 seconds if needed.
Apply a thin coat of waterproof mascara and let it dry completely. This is what keeps the curl up.
Apply a normal coat of transplanting gel one eye only very quickly and immediately brush on the fibres or the tea planting gel would not be sticky enough for the fibres to adhere on it.
Wait until the transplanting gel is completely dry and the fibres complete adhered, then apply a thin coat of transplanting gel to seal the fibres in.
If you want a more dramatic result, apply a regular coat of gel instead of a thin one so you can repeat sticking the fibres on.
Anything more than 2 coats is extremely clumpy and impossible to separate.
pros:
Very beautiful eyelashes
Nice packaging
Cons:
Can be tricky and clumpy
Slight fall off fibres
Can smudge if you have oily eyelids
Can weight down the curl if the gel is too thick
If you are new to mascara,do not use this until you have "mastered" all the mascara techniques because as a frequent mascara user I found it tricky the first time I used it.
Do not use this if you have very sensitive eyes.
The only reason I took away one star is that it can be quite clumpy.
Overal this is amazing and suitable for everyone:)
I know I'm not meant to be promoting any product but just want to save everyone's life before buying this. I recently discovered and tried a dupe for this mascara and it is almost the same, but about one third/ half the price. It's called the love alpha mascara and has a gold/black leopard print on it. If you live in the uk, you can buy this set from ebay for 4.89 (no box) and around 6 to 7 if you want it with the box (both with free first class delivery). If one of the running out, you can buy them separately.
For those in America you can buy this for $13 online.
I really hope that those girls with frustrating eyelashes like mine can discover this and i promise you will not regret.
Honest words from a 16 year old who loves makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by staysee321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why anyone wouldn't like this product. This is my new HG product.
I have blonde very sparse, stubby, gross lashes that go in weird directions and look basically dead a lot of the time. I have tried the lash extensions and always wear false lashes if I go out. The extensions ruined my lashes and so I turned to the prescription product Latisee to grow my lashes back out. As you can tell, I have an ugly history with my eye lashes.

I've only had Younique for 2 days, but based on my results so far, I think I have solved my lash issues for good.

People who gave this product a bad rating obviously did not apply the product properly...I don't see how people wouldn't like this. Do I get a couple of fibre fall outs while initially applying? Sure, a few. And then I happily wipe them away since the results far out weigh a couple of temporary fibres on my cheeks. Do you sometimes smudge your eye liner or mascara when applying? I am sure you do, and then you wipe it away or clean it up. Same story here.

People shouldn't be giving this product a bad review simply because of a little fallout. Lots of makeup has fallout including eye shadows, powders, etc.

Now to the review. First of all, you MUST READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. This is a procedural step-by-step process that needs to be followed properly in order to be successful.

First, I curl my lashes, then I apply a smash box primer (optional), then my L'Oreal Telescopic black mascara, let dry for 20 seconds...and then apply the transplanting gel to ONE EYE. You must apply it to one eye at a time, because once the gel dries, the fibres wll NOT stick.
After the gel, I put the fibres on, concentrating mostly on the ends of my lashes to give them the "extensions". Immediately after, I apply the transplanting gel AGAIN to "seal" the fibres in. Next, repeat the process to the next eye. For a dramatic look, I repeat the process twice.

I had several people at work today ask me what mascara I use. NO ONE HAS EVER ASKED ME THIS BEFORE REGARDING MY REAL LASHES. NO ONE. EVER. As I said, my real lashes are SHORT, blonde, and very stubby and straight.

This product is a wonder and is well worth the price . (Only reason I rated the price a 4 is because I had to pay an extra $15 for shipping)...but I don't care, it's still worth it !! No more falsies!

Don't think twice, order this product,....but follow the instructions!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Chantal013

After all the hype, I was very excited to try this mascara but was quickly disappointed. First of all, the price tag is ridiculous, in Canada it is 35$. Now I can get higher end mascaras for around the same price or even for much less. The fibers constantly fall and either get into my eyes (and I wear contacts) or sit on my under eye area. I asked my rep for tips and she told me to re apply the gel after to keep the fibers intact which I tried doing a few times and still no luck. No one even noticed the difference after wearing it on occasion. It looked clumpy more than anything. I tossed it out after trying it a handful of times. Not worth the hype or money in my opinion.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

If your lashes are short to non-exsistant, then this product it for you! If your lashes are super long then this product is also for you! If you want the look of false lashes without having to put lashes on then this product it really for you! That's the look you will get. This product it amazing and I love it. When I don't feel like putting false lashes on I run to this holy grail product!! It does wonders and it's so easy to use! I always put my fav mascara on and apply the gel and fibers. My lashes are bomb.com with this stuff it's a must buy/try product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Jsmh0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rated this product fives across the board and here is why;

This product is exceptional, I have short blonde eyelashes and when applied correctly it does not clump or flake. READ the directions ladies, it is so important in order to get the desired results!

I first curl my lashes and then apply a coat of regular mascara, right now I am using Clinique high-impact mascara. Once that dries I apply my first coat of the gel on the top lashes of one eye and immediately apply the fibres (if you do not do this, the gel will dry and the fibres will not stick), then I seal with a second coat of the gel followed immediately by a second coat of the fibres, finally seal with one last coat of the gel. Repeat on the other eye.

For my bottom lashes I only apply the fibres once, for some added length.

My secret: I finish my whole look with one thin coat of waterproof drugstore mascara, this ensures that it does not smudge throughout the day.

I have cried after applying the mascara in this way and have had no problems.

I rated the price a five, as it is expensive but I feel that it is well worth it.

I gave the packaging a five as it is very easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by AW12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No offense but I actually use L'Oreal all the time and a co worker recommended 3D fiber to me and I do not see what all they hype is about and it comes with two application sticks and the second one is worthless and completely useless and flakes off in your eye(whatever it is made of) and has no bristles on it. Even when the first applicator works okay...it looks good for about an hour and then you can't even tell that you are wearing it. I just bought the manga mascara...and I love it!! I love everything L'Oreal when it comes to mascara..I have been using all kinds of products since i was 12 and L'Oreal is my go to. I have even bought over this past winter the mac and the ( i can't remember) but it is another product that they compare it to (in the 50 dollar range) AND IT IS NOTHING LIKE IT....NOT EVEN COMPARABLE to 8 dollar L'Oreal. I am going to school for cosmetology and I do not recommend it to ANYONE. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks. If you enjoyed it..more power to you...but if that is the case I would say you know nothing about makeup. And as far as the fibers falling off...and to use a blow dryer. I get wonderful lashes from any mascera without all of those extra steps...you shouldn't have to have that many steps for it to work...and I also had issues with the fibers falling into my eye. But not from the mascera but directly from my mascera brush). I will not blow dry my eye or brush to prevent this...I should not have to.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by 14llopez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didnt work at all. Applied a few coats and they stood up for a few minutes but no difference in length. Just a few minutes later they were down and not curled. Wouldnt reccomend the product. Only works if you have really long lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by chalford123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The one thing I now do when using any new product is read the directions 2-3 times, I used to rush thru and miss steps. These are awesome if you have thinning or blond eyelashes like I do! 1 curl your eyelashes 2 put on your regular mascara 3 put on their primer as I call it 4 then the fibers 5 then reapply their primer to set the fibers. I then finish getting ready and as far as the fallout or fiber fallout as others have mentioned I to had that until I tried using my blow dryer on cool to wave over my face right after finishing all the other prep to go out, shakes off any loose fibers and I'm good to go for the night. I'll take this over wrestling with falsies any day, those I like but take me forever and if I mess up its another 30 min to fix everything. So all in all great product.