Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

on 10/6/2015 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

Meh.. Goes on easy enough, but it makes my lashes look like that of an over enthusiastic teenager with their first mascara. It looks terrible. Granted I didn't put much effort into application, but my eyelashes look like spiders legs and not actually that much longer. I'll probably use it a few times to get some wear out of it, but I won't purchase again!

on 10/1/2015 11:23:00 AM

I got this product from my mom and at first I thought it did a great job. My eyelashes look extra long and voluminous. However, the product did not stay on my eyes and would rub off on my cheeks and corner of my eyes. It also irritated my eyes.

I'm a Younique rep. So obviously, I'm biased. I love this stuff. I gave it four
Iipsticks for overall rating because like some of the other reviews, I wish it would last longer. After about three months of using it, you're dying for a new set. A four for price because honestly, in Canada, you're paying $39.20 without any shipping costs and that's quite a bit for a mascara. BUT.... If you do the math, spending $40 every three months comes out to $13 a month and that's a lot cheaper than falsies. And a lot easier. Almost all of my customers struggle with fibres falling onto their faces. That was a big problem for me as well until I discovered a video application technique where after she was done putting on the gel fibre gel application, she immediately took her blow dryer set to warm heat and low speed and dried her lashes. That sounds crazy but when you think of it, what you're doing is blowing off any loose fibres and it curls your lashes again! My technique is this:
Curl eyelashes
Use one coat of regular mascara
Let dry
Use one thin coat of the gel
Immediately apply fibres
Go to the next eye and do gel then fibres
Go to the first eye and do gel then fibres
Do the second eye with a second coat of gel and fibres
Go to the first eye and seal with one last coat of gel
Blow dry the first eye
Seal the second eye with final coat of gel
Blow dry second eye
Good luck!
Karen Abrams

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading some of the other reviews on this product, I am sorry to hear that some of the users experienced irritated eyes or an allergic reaction. I luckily did not experience any of that. I do wear contact lenses and sensitive eyes and I was lucky enough to have not had any irritation at all.

I found this mascara needed about two applications (2 gel applications and two fiber applications). After that, my lashes were really looking amazing. A definite increase in length and density. I was really excited when I first used this mascara. Also, the mascara comes off extremely easy with a non-oily mascara remover. No scrubbing. Very gentle on the eyes that way. I found the mascara to wear really well. No flaking of the fibers or racoon eyes by the end of the day. It really stayed put for me and I have oily skin therefore other mascaras tend to transfer to my eyelids easily.

The only reason I am not giving this mascara 5 lipsticks is because the formula really doesn't last that long. After about two weeks or so, I found I had to keep putting more and more applications on. The gel mascara started getting really thick with the old fibers and it became harder and harder to apply as time went by. Unfortunately after about three weeks I had to throw the transplanting gel out. I tried using the fibers with some of my other mascaras but it didn't really work. I paid about $43.00 Canadian (that included shipping) to buy this mascara. I was really hoping for that price it would last at least a month.

Not sure if any Younique reps are reading this but I was thinking if they maybe split the transplanting gel into two or three smaller application tubes the mascara would last much longer. Once those fibers get into the transplanting gel, it seems the glamour starts to slowly fade. Just a thought. I still have a lot of fibers left that I wasn't able to use, but with a fresh tube of transplanting gel, I would be good to go.

Would I buy this mascara again? Heck yes! Probably not as often as I'd like. Maybe as a birthday or Christmas present to use on special occasions. It's a luxury but definitely something every woman should try once :)

on 8/29/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have pretty short/average size lashes but small eyes so I like to make my lashes long. I would put on 5 to 7 (thin) coats of mascara to get them really long but my lashes would fall out lik everyday. Then I started wearing falsies but they were too heavy for my eyes. Finally I tried this mascara and I am in LOVE! I will never by any other mascara again. I use one coat of my regular mascara and one coat of this and it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes! I always get compliments on my lashes when I wear this. I can see how some people wouldn't like this. If you apply too heavy of a coat your lashes will get clumpy. That's why I do a thin layer and that's all I need. This is how I apply it:
1.curl eyelashes
2. Apply 1 thin coat of lengthening mascara
3.wait for them to dry
4. Apply transplanting gel (not too thick)
5. Immediately apply fibers
5. Then seal in fibers with transplanting gel.

This is lots quicker than my past mascara routine. It used to take me 20 minutes to do my eyelashes but now it only takes 3!

on 8/28/2015 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has changed my life. I don't like applying falsies and I don't have to with this product! I didn't get the hang of it until my second time using it. Apply fibers to the tips of your lashes only! Just try it, you'll be glad that you did!

on 8/27/2015 7:53:00 AM

I was skeptical about this mascara when my friend started selling. With alot of effort, she persuaded me to try it. I don't have short stubby lashes so I thought it would be pointless for me to use. What this stuff does to my lashes, is AMAZING! I love it!! I thought I would go ahead and share my story and tips for others.

I noticed alot of people complaining about clumping. If you don't take your time to do this the right way then of course you won't get the results you desire. It's a process. Getting long beautiful lashes, like in the before and after pictures, you have to play around with it. Every mascara, believe it or not, is different. Finding what works best for you is important when changing any product. It will work just fine if you do it correctly. You don't have to use two coats. I personally don't like two coats. One coat of gel. Fibers middle to end. Gel again. It's perfect. You have to be light on hand too. Putting gel on too thick the first time, is too much. Like I said you need to play around with it. It works great for me. No problems. No allergic reactions. It goes on smooth and easy. You can check ingredients online on the Younique website easily. Each product you click on and scroll through lists ingredients used and what they do! Wonderful! I wouldn't buy a cheap knock off version of this online on some other website. Make sure you buy it from Younique websites. Younique packaging is very secure. Dont trust anything not boxed and wrapped. (Duh) Hard telling what people can do to it if it's not bought from a trusted site/company! (Common sense.)
Price is kinda steep for my personal preference. It does last you 3 whole months or longer though. I haven't had any other mascara last me that long. I use this stuff on a daily basis. It washes off easily but is water resistant. Noticed I said WATER RESISTANT! It isn't waterproof. You cry and wipe your eyes, it will come off. It won't smear like other mascaras and leave a black circles around your eyes. It hasn't for me anyways. Haven't cried much with it on honestly. (to each their own)

They have other products!! They have other products. You don't like the mascara? Fine. Try something else. Just because the mascara didn't work for you doesn't mean the other products won't either. They have many things. Eye creams, eye shadows, lip glosses, ....many more. They come out with new stuff just about every month. This company is growing tremendously and fast! Obviously the products work or they wldnt be doing so well. Don't knock until you try it! Don't go by reviews to make your decision. Try it personally. That's the only way to know for sure how it'd work for you. It doesn't or tou don't like it, RETURN IT!! They have a return policy. You can find everything online at their website. Simple.

I love Younique. I love their products. It isn't for everyone. Like any new products, it might not be the best choice for you. It happens. That doesn't mean it's a bad company!! I became a Younique Presenter on July 31st of this year. (2015) I'm having a blast doing it!! I love the responses I get from people that use this! Any problems they've had, I've helped them through. It's awesome. Feels great to be able to help others with it too. Regardless of your reasoning for liking it or hating it, leave a review and tell your story. People want to hear about it. Especially the company! Contact them and tell them how you like it or do not like it. Explain why. Tell them your story. Every bit of info and/or opinions helps to better their products. That goes for anything. Not just Younique.

on 8/16/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 this mascara. Makes my lashes look so long and thick.
My lashes are very short & stubby. When you use this 3D lash kit it has a mascara and a seperate fiber wond to get length & volume.
It works best if you blow dry on a low after all the steps to hold the mascara in place.
You first put on the mascara and the while mascara is still tacky, you put in the fibers in a mascara type wind. Then I follow those steps-4 or 5 times to get the desired thickness & length.

I like that it's only sold online by people that believe in the product. I also like that it is not sold through retailers.

Full Size Image

on 8/10/2015 3:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not really a fan. People who have this either love it or hate it. Seems like there's no middle ground. I fall into the "hate" category.

1. It's way too much work. When I use this, I have to literally sit there doing JUST my eyelashes for 10-15 minutes. Who wants to bother with this??

2. Irritation. Thank God I didn't have some of the experiences that others have had. I did however, always have irritation while using this. I went SO SLOW when i used this stuff. I made sure I didn't swipe the wand close to my eyes, I started mid-lash and worked my way up. It didn't matter how careful I was, those fibers love to stick to your lash line and get all up in there and under the eyelid. It HURTS. Every single time I've used this mascara, I've spent the night rubbing my eyes, tearing up, blinking, and basically just having a night ruined because of these things getting into my eye crevices.

3. The damn fibers!!! I followed the directions to the T. It didn't matter. That "setting gel" or whatever it was, felt like nothing. It was almost like nothing was even in the tube. I never felt like my lashes were being coated, or sealed. At the end of every application I had those fibers all over my face, inside my eyeballs, on my nose, my cheeks. I literally do not get this mascara at all.

4. End result? Super clumpy. Obscenely clumpy. Clumpy as in: I had to take it off and start over because I looked ridiculous. I even used lash brushes, applied in a "side to side" motion. Clumpy. Clumpy with a hairy face.

5. Price. For a 3-month shelf life, $40 with tax/shipping is ridiculous. I just purchased a mascara that I found at Marshall's for $2.99. (It honestly works better than Younique!) Don't be fooled by the price tag. More expensive does not mean it's a better product. Especially for all of those who have developed serious eye conditions, you're PAYING just to put God knows what in your eyes!

You can put $40 to better use than on this mascara.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It was a good mascara but sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. To apply I found it easiest to clean your eyelashes with makeup remover first otherwise it would become very clumpy. What was annoying was the constant flaking of the fibers and it was a little hard to apply.

Video Reviews & Tutorials