Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.4

on 6/23/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is great, if applied right! If applied wrong it is all the other bad reviews that I have read. You have to follow the directions exactly. Gel first and while still wet then apply fibers. Then finish it off with gel again. You have to seal the fibers with the gel...do not skip this step. If you skip this step the fibers will fall off on your face. If it is applied only apply from middle of your lashes up. This helps for no fibers to fall off as well. You can keep applying the three steps to make your lashes look just like fake lashes too. I would definitely buy this product again! Remember the key is to follow all steps. Very much worth the $29!

on 6/22/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This works well if you use it correctly. You have to use your own mascara first, then apply the younique mascara, then apply the fibers, then seal it with the younique mascara. DO NOT wait until mascara is dry, Do all of these steps with your lashes still wet. Be careful not to apply to many layers of fibers because you will have clumpy spider lashes. I made the mistake of applying many layers of fiber mascara and my mom told me my lashes looked crazy and ever since then I only do a couple layers. I see a lot of reviewers have trouble removing this product. I personally use Vaseline. I just rub Vaseline all over my lashes and rub the product off with my fingers but very gently. Otherwise using a makeup remover wipe or baby wipes will help, just rub the product off gently with a wipe. I currently do not use this product anymore though- I run through these fast and when its gets old its gets gross. This was also making my makeup routine longer- I love makeup but like to be out the door. I bought this product on ebay for $18- no way I'm paying $30. Overall products works well if you use it right and have time to sit and make your lashes look great.

on 6/22/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried many times to make this macara work...but it has not worked on my short, asian lashes. I have tried many techniques, and all this mascara has done is given me some length with no curl (even with waterproof mascara,) and somewhat spideresque eyelashes. it is, however, easy to clean and wash off. I ended up to being this to my teenager who has beautiful, thick lashes. This works wonderfully on her.

So this product is meant to be used according to instructions and when it is it works fabulously! My lashes are already long but are light and sparse this thickens and darkens them perfectly! I use as directed (don't pile it on layer upon layer) and curl lashes with an eyelash curler and they're perfect! The product is a bit expensive but it is essentially two products in a beautiful case! Washing it off is zero trouble if you have a proper make- up removing cleanser (I used a Live Clean remover from Wal-Mart and it did the trick and is very gentle) and close your eyes and let this sit directly on your eyes for a bit (while closed tightly) and then splash eyes and face off with warm water. Fibers should not get in eyes if you apply and wash this off correctly (with eyes closed). I am a contact lens wearer and I have had no troubles with this product to date. It is very dramatic. I am okay with that as an everyday look. if you're not then save it for going out. It's still a really good product!

on 6/15/2015 11:29:00 PM

The first thing I need to get out of the way is the packaging. the packaging is damn fabulous! It really feels like a super luxurious product when you open the little case and I absolutely love it!
Now for the actual product itself: It clumps, it's messy and throughout the day, it falls onto my cheeks. All in all, I'm not a fan. I know some girls love the spider lashes look but I'm not one of them so I won't be repurchasing. Those three lippies there? All for the packaging. Which, in case I haven't quite got my point across, is freaking gorgeous!

on 6/13/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is great if you have the time and energy to dedicate to it. The first coat of mascara is so light that you can barely tell it's on. Once you add the fibers the first 2 coats, it's gorgeous and adds amazing length. But of course I want thicker like I would get with regular mascara, so I add about 2-3 more coats totaling in more than 4 coats of fibers and mascara! Soon it starts to clump and the fibers go sideways so it looks like my spider lashes are mutant breeding. The fibers get in your eyes too if you aren't careful. The main reason I won't wear this anymore, it's IMPOSSIBLE to take off. I scrub my face and even use makeup remover. After 2-3 pads of makeup remover, it finally comes off, but it looks like a dark shadow under my eyes. This isn't easy to use or remove since it takes too much time.

on 6/10/2015 2:55:00 PM

Okay.. Y'all want an honest review? Please read this before purchasing. I've been using this product for 7 months or so. it's expensive. We purchase it to support a friend's business.
Here are the pros: it makes your lashes very dark. It can add volume. It can add length. I have had many complements with how beautiful they look. People are convinced my lashes are fake. I don't even use the fibers very much.
Here are the many cons: the ingredients in this thing cause the mascara to never fully harden. If you hit your lashes, they will clump or go all sorts of ways and there is virtually no way to fix it. The fibers can get in your eyes and it hurts like a mother. It will also look like you have pink eye for the next 6 hours due to irritation. If you apply too many fibers, they will clump. This mascara clumps very easily. This mascara is satan when trying to get it off. It will not come off with water, soap, cleansers, even make up remover. It will run and "stain" your face but the mascara will still clump on your eyelashes. Because it's so hard to get off, your eyelashes can become irritated and fall out. It's painful. I have lost clumps of eyelashes from this mascara.
So here's my final thoughts: if you are an experienced mascara applier and you're looking for something that can add a dramatic look to your eyes with a hassle, go for it. If you're not, my suggestion is to sit out on this one.

on 6/10/2015 1:20:00 PM

Don't waste your MONEY!
This mascara is hype and is total crap!
I bought it from being pressured by a friend to help her "earn a trip" well that was a big mistake! I am a free lance makeup artist and she swore the lashes were better than fake ones and that I would love it... WRONG! It's extremely irritating and the fallout is ridiculous!
I threw it away after the 3rd time. What a joke...
I bet the CEO is laughing their ass off at all the idiots buying this.
I feel stupid for wasting $30 on that crap.
I will stick to my tried and true brand that's only $18

on 6/8/2015 3:46:00 PM

When I first got this I noticed the nice case. I had watched the videos before I tried it on. I tried this by putting the clear base then the fibers and the clear topcoat again and then brushed it with an old clean mascara brush. It looked ok but as the same as my other lancome mascara with primer.This has got to be the be the worst mascara I used the fibers still get in your eyes are clumpy and get in your eyes. The total effect will last about two hours. Then you look you were on a all night bender with dark circles on your eyes. This was not the youthful effect that I wanted. I might save this for halloween for vampire look. I bought this on party from Facebook. Save your money and buy something else.

AMAZING! First and NUMBER 1 ! NEVER EVER BUY THIS OFF AMAZON OR EBAY!!! It is against company policy to sell the product there. China makes knockoffs that are full of chemicals and can burn your eyes ! ONLY GO THROUGH A PRESENTER !!!!
This mascara is worth the hype ! I have been using for a year now and at first yes there was a little fallout BECAUSE i did not know how to apply correctly ! once you practice and seal the lashes with the gel it works perfectly ! My lashes are perfect and super long ! Also its natural and the fibers are green tea so the real ones are not painful at all if you get them into your eyes, I have many times and I didn't even know it was there until I saw it in the mirror ! $29 is cheap if you compare to lash extensions or even false eye lashes ! I get compliments every single day on my lashes and my eyes and my makeup since I switched to Younique ! All of their makeup is amazing! I will never use another product ! I threw away all of my other makeup since I found this natural makeup company ! No more breakouts , no more itchy eyes , and all of the makeup stays all day !

Please don't listen to the people who say its not worth th e hype if you find a good presenter who will show you how to apply you too can have amazing makeup results like the pros ! This is not store brand cheap crap, its like professional makeup and needs practice to really apply it well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials