Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

on 4/24/2015 2:32:00 PM

I know that no product is not perfect (nothing is), but I think tit does exactly what it says. Yes, there is a learning curve to applying the mascara and lip stain..but when directions are followed it works. My lashes are longer, I have not had any problems with falling lashes as some people posted. I apply the gel, fiber, then gel and I have all day long lashes. I don't put them on my bottom lashes because I tend to rub. The stain works well, for me the key is to hydrate your lips first. I do not sell this product, I am just a consumer.

I was skeptical of this. I have tried other fibre mascaras before and though sometimes there was a noticeable difference, it usually wasn't much, and the fibers would always migrate off of my lashes and onto my face. Not sexy. I was pleasantly surprised with Younique. It definitely gives me the false eyelash effect I have been looking for. It lengthens AND volumizes my lashes dramatically. I was confused when I first received it. The directions say you need to apply your regular mascara and then the transplanting gel...and then the fibers. I have tried it with and without my normal every day mascara. I still get massive lashes using only the transplanting gel (which is tinted black so it basically seems like mascara anyway) and fibers. This saves on time and on product, so I recommend forgoing your normal mascara to see if you can also save yourself some time and money. You absolutely must use a "sealing" coat of the transplanting gel after you apply the fibers, or they WILL migrate all over your face and into the eye. I have had no problems as long as I always remember to put that last coat on. One of the things I love about this is how natural they feel. The gel is lightweight and so are the fibers. In my opinion, two coats of my old mascara felt heavier on my lashes than two coats of gel and two coats of lash fibers. The price is definitely reasonable, and I love the carrying case.

on 4/22/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The popularity of this product is down to marketing hype. All over twitter, Facebook and instagram.

Average mascara, and the fibres although in theory sound like a great concept - they lay ALL directions on the lashes, horizontal, diagonal, squint, straight up, straight down, you get clumpy eyelashes way before you get any length.

Would not repurchase.

on 4/18/2015 12:22:00 AM

A FASCINATING MASCARA. I layered n layered first try just to prove this mascara wrong BUT it's oh so right!! No matter how much I manipulated this mascara it came out SO much better than other eye that had Too Faced " Better Then Sex" mascara on. I did this as comparison. Yonique ends up like fuzzy,soft, mutiplying spider legs instead of stiff little twigs for lashes. It's fluttery and soft looking and I LOVE IT! !! I cannot believe it's my lashes. A brilliant substitute for lash extensions which are expensive, inconvenient and ruin your natural lashes. This mascara was also the easiest mascara to remove!! Follow directions one eye at a time and stay away from base of lash. I pinch off a bit of fiber at end before applying. Also the fibers are not to be feared. They're made if natural stuff.

on 4/17/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Every time I used this product I felt like I was being stabbed in the eye by my lashes and little black hairy fibers kept falling out of my lashes under my eyeballs. Not cute! I used this product exactly as the directions said. Disappointed!

on 4/17/2015 12:33:00 AM

I finally gave in and bought this mascara. Mascara and foundation are my two favorite make up items. My lashes are short-average, thin, and curled. When I first tried this mascara, It did not work. I got fibers in my eyes, on my face. My lashes didn't look any different. I kept trying because it's pretty expensive and found a way to make it work. If I put on a base mascara (maybeline colossal) I do not give it time to dry. For some reason when it dries it is hard to get the transplanting gel on and results in fibers everywhere. I have skipped the maybeline too and it has worked. Also, I take my time to avoid clumps! The mascara makes my lashes look fuller and longer. Almost like falsies but not quite. I really do like this mascara, I just recommend experimenting with it and finding what works best. Watch some youtube tutorials and try them before giving up on it.

on 4/15/2015 3:00:00 AM

I've never written a review before (That I can remember) but I wanted to post here because Ive been seeing ads for this mascara everywhere so came on to makeupalley to check out the reviews. I never write reviews but I am on makeupalley reading reviews a lot. With so many bloggers being sponsored these days, I feel like it's a lot easier to get honest opinions here. As I was reading the reviews for this mascara, I started noticing that some of them sounded like they were written by people trying to sell the product, like defensive and angry about the bad reviews or really generic positive reviews, so I was wondering if maybe these people did just come here to make positive reviews because they are affiliated with the brand and I clicked on quite a few of the usernames of people who wrote 5 star reviews and pretty much every one (that I checked, didn't go through all of the reviews) just had one review (for this product) on makeupalley, so probably did just sign up to promote the product. I think that's super annoying because I look at makeupalley as a reliable, honest place to get reviews without props trying to sell and promote things, and with the rude tone of a lot of the reviews by people defending the product it totally just turned me off from the company and I have no interest in trying it now. It sounds like a lot of people had pretty bad reactions from using this mascara too so I wanted to post a review to let people know to be careful when reading these reviews since not all of the positive ones are genuine honest reviews.

on 4/10/2015 12:41:00 PM

I'm kinda torn on this product. I bought it because I heard good reviews and had to try it. Although it's on the pricey side, it is packaged nicely. I'm not in love with this product but I did notice when I didn't put it on how it makes a difference. My eye lashes are very light and short so this product does "boost" them up. It's not a must have but it does help my lashes show more.

on 4/9/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful! I actually left work early to rush home and give this a go! It really is amazing, easy to use and looks AMAZING! P.S. customer service is top notch! Hillary W. was so helpful and fast! I'm impressed!

on 4/1/2015 2:00:00 PM

the effect that this gives my eyelashes is fantastic, I have really long (but blonde) eyelashes, so this made them gorgeous!

However, the one thing I wasn't able to get past was the fibers getting into my eyes and falling onto my cheeks. I've tried many different suggestions that i've found online in order to avoid this, but it keeps happening. By a few hours of wearing this my eyes so red and irritated, and everytime i look at myself in the mirror i'm having to dust it off my cheeks.

I really wish there were a way around this problem, as the end result really is beautiful if you take your time and comb out any clumps. It's hard to get past the red painful, irritated eyes and the fibers constantly on my cheeks though :-(

Video Reviews & Tutorials