Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.4

on 8/29/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have pretty short/average size lashes but small eyes so I like to make my lashes long. I would put on 5 to 7 (thin) coats of mascara to get them really long but my lashes would fall out lik everyday. Then I started wearing falsies but they were too heavy for my eyes. Finally I tried this mascara and I am in LOVE! I will never by any other mascara again. I use one coat of my regular mascara and one coat of this and it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes! I always get compliments on my lashes when I wear this. I can see how some people wouldn't like this. If you apply too heavy of a coat your lashes will get clumpy. That's why I do a thin layer and that's all I need. This is how I apply it:
1.curl eyelashes
2. Apply 1 thin coat of lengthening mascara
3.wait for them to dry
4. Apply transplanting gel (not too thick)
5. Immediately apply fibers
5. Then seal in fibers with transplanting gel.

This is lots quicker than my past mascara routine. It used to take me 20 minutes to do my eyelashes but now it only takes 3!

on 8/28/2015 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has changed my life. I don't like applying falsies and I don't have to with this product! I didn't get the hang of it until my second time using it. Apply fibers to the tips of your lashes only! Just try it, you'll be glad that you did!

on 8/27/2015 7:53:00 AM

I was skeptical about this mascara when my friend started selling. With alot of effort, she persuaded me to try it. I don't have short stubby lashes so I thought it would be pointless for me to use. What this stuff does to my lashes, is AMAZING! I love it!! I thought I would go ahead and share my story and tips for others.

I noticed alot of people complaining about clumping. If you don't take your time to do this the right way then of course you won't get the results you desire. It's a process. Getting long beautiful lashes, like in the before and after pictures, you have to play around with it. Every mascara, believe it or not, is different. Finding what works best for you is important when changing any product. It will work just fine if you do it correctly. You don't have to use two coats. I personally don't like two coats. One coat of gel. Fibers middle to end. Gel again. It's perfect. You have to be light on hand too. Putting gel on too thick the first time, is too much. Like I said you need to play around with it. It works great for me. No problems. No allergic reactions. It goes on smooth and easy. You can check ingredients online on the Younique website easily. Each product you click on and scroll through lists ingredients used and what they do! Wonderful! I wouldn't buy a cheap knock off version of this online on some other website. Make sure you buy it from Younique websites. Younique packaging is very secure. Dont trust anything not boxed and wrapped. (Duh) Hard telling what people can do to it if it's not bought from a trusted site/company! (Common sense.)
Price is kinda steep for my personal preference. It does last you 3 whole months or longer though. I haven't had any other mascara last me that long. I use this stuff on a daily basis. It washes off easily but is water resistant. Noticed I said WATER RESISTANT! It isn't waterproof. You cry and wipe your eyes, it will come off. It won't smear like other mascaras and leave a black circles around your eyes. It hasn't for me anyways. Haven't cried much with it on honestly. (to each their own)

They have other products!! They have other products. You don't like the mascara? Fine. Try something else. Just because the mascara didn't work for you doesn't mean the other products won't either. They have many things. Eye creams, eye shadows, lip glosses, ....many more. They come out with new stuff just about every month. This company is growing tremendously and fast! Obviously the products work or they wldnt be doing so well. Don't knock until you try it! Don't go by reviews to make your decision. Try it personally. That's the only way to know for sure how it'd work for you. It doesn't or tou don't like it, RETURN IT!! They have a return policy. You can find everything online at their website. Simple.

I love Younique. I love their products. It isn't for everyone. Like any new products, it might not be the best choice for you. It happens. That doesn't mean it's a bad company!! I became a Younique Presenter on July 31st of this year. (2015) I'm having a blast doing it!! I love the responses I get from people that use this! Any problems they've had, I've helped them through. It's awesome. Feels great to be able to help others with it too. Regardless of your reasoning for liking it or hating it, leave a review and tell your story. People want to hear about it. Especially the company! Contact them and tell them how you like it or do not like it. Explain why. Tell them your story. Every bit of info and/or opinions helps to better their products. That goes for anything. Not just Younique.

on 8/16/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 this mascara. Makes my lashes look so long and thick.
My lashes are very short & stubby. When you use this 3D lash kit it has a mascara and a seperate fiber wond to get length & volume.
It works best if you blow dry on a low after all the steps to hold the mascara in place.
You first put on the mascara and the while mascara is still tacky, you put in the fibers in a mascara type wind. Then I follow those steps-4 or 5 times to get the desired thickness & length.

I like that it's only sold online by people that believe in the product. I also like that it is not sold through retailers.

Full Size Image

on 8/10/2015 3:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not really a fan. People who have this either love it or hate it. Seems like there's no middle ground. I fall into the "hate" category.

1. It's way too much work. When I use this, I have to literally sit there doing JUST my eyelashes for 10-15 minutes. Who wants to bother with this??

2. Irritation. Thank God I didn't have some of the experiences that others have had. I did however, always have irritation while using this. I went SO SLOW when i used this stuff. I made sure I didn't swipe the wand close to my eyes, I started mid-lash and worked my way up. It didn't matter how careful I was, those fibers love to stick to your lash line and get all up in there and under the eyelid. It HURTS. Every single time I've used this mascara, I've spent the night rubbing my eyes, tearing up, blinking, and basically just having a night ruined because of these things getting into my eye crevices.

3. The damn fibers!!! I followed the directions to the T. It didn't matter. That "setting gel" or whatever it was, felt like nothing. It was almost like nothing was even in the tube. I never felt like my lashes were being coated, or sealed. At the end of every application I had those fibers all over my face, inside my eyeballs, on my nose, my cheeks. I literally do not get this mascara at all.

4. End result? Super clumpy. Obscenely clumpy. Clumpy as in: I had to take it off and start over because I looked ridiculous. I even used lash brushes, applied in a "side to side" motion. Clumpy. Clumpy with a hairy face.

5. Price. For a 3-month shelf life, $40 with tax/shipping is ridiculous. I just purchased a mascara that I found at Marshall's for $2.99. (It honestly works better than Younique!) Don't be fooled by the price tag. More expensive does not mean it's a better product. Especially for all of those who have developed serious eye conditions, you're PAYING just to put God knows what in your eyes!

You can put $40 to better use than on this mascara.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It was a good mascara but sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. To apply I found it easiest to clean your eyelashes with makeup remover first otherwise it would become very clumpy. What was annoying was the constant flaking of the fibers and it was a little hard to apply.

on 8/6/2015 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

What I liked:
1.My lashes look dramatically longer and thicker with this product. My eyelashes fall out occassionally and grow back (slowly) so I need a mascara that really lengthens.
2. Stays put.

What I didn't like:
1. The price. Too expensive.
2. Too many steps. You have to layer the lash fibers to achieve a dramatic look. Step 1 you have to use the gel as a base for the fibers to stick to, then you "seal" the fibers with a layer of the "transplanting gel" over them. It takes me longer to do my lashes with this product than my whole face. I don't like fussy makeup.
3. The fibers make the mascara look flaky and if you're not careful putting it on, it looks clumpy. If you're after a natural look, this isn't it.
4. Because these are fibers, they do flake off onto our face and under your eye if you do the lower lashes. I stopped using it on the lower lashes and used regualr mascara...yet another step. Also, you have to be gentle pulling the fiber wand out of the tube because the fibers will fly off and float in the air like little fethers.

This might be a good mascara for hitting the town if you want a drmatic look, but not for every day...at least not for me. I prefer a 5 minute face (total).

on 8/4/2015 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my new holy grain mascara! I was really skeptical about trying this and thought the before/afters had to be fake. Well, let me tell you: the results you get with this are real! You have to be a little careful and light handed in order to apply the fibers evenly and avoid clumping, but if you do this, and comb your lashes gently, you will have the best lashes ever. I haven't tried the new 3D formula but I can't wait because I've heard even better things about it! I highly recommend. If you don't like it the first time you use it, keep practicing with it, because if you're too heavy-handed, you'll clump and it will look weird. I do not work for Younique. :)

on 7/31/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

RUN FOR THE HILLS! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR SKIN AND YOUR HEALTH DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. It caused and extreme reaction to my eyes and I got dermatitis AKA hundreds of bumps all over my eyes that I have had for 6 months and have still not entirely gone away. In the meantime I haven't been allowed to put any products on my face whatsoever including soap. I've been put on 4 different heavy antibiotics and it still hasn't done the job.

I have never had an allergic reaction to makeup and I have used them all from cheap pharmacy products to the high end designer lines. I can not stress enough how sketchy this product is. There is a reason they don't include the ingredients on the box. It is dangerous. Definitely not worth the risk. Even if you don't have a crazy reaction like I did, (which I didn't the first few times I used it, but my body built up an intolerance to it) you know for sure that you are putting fiberglass or some kind of crap on your body/in your eyes.

I don't know how these people can sell this product in good conscience. I am sure they will be sued at some point. I have never written a review before, but I created this account so I could tell my story and hopefully save a few people from a huge mistake.

on 7/22/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have read with interest reviews on this product although I have been unable to read them all but thought I would warn you what this product has done to me and for you to think twice about purchasing it or, I expect, any similar.

I purchased my mascara/s in December 2014 but stopped using it in February 2014 due to the fibres always falling out, etc. I couldn't be done with it and went back to my high street brand.

Shortly after stopping, I was suffering from what I referred to as a 'watery eye'. When this came on it was usually late evening and very painful, causing lack of sleep. It also made me sensitive to light, so much so I had to wear sunglasses the next day at work. One time it would be in my left eye and then the other time,a month/2 weeks, later would be in my right eye. This repeated for the following months.

I did panic the first time and thought my eyeball was going to pop out due to the amount of water which was seeping. After realising that didn't happen, I didn't worry thereafter as the 'watery eye' appeared to last just 24 hours and therefore I didn't think I needed it seen to and put a couple of times down to cat hair getting into my eye or such like. Over time the 'watery eye' was becoming more frequent so I decided to visit my optician. I was advised to immediately go to A&E to the Moorfields Eye Department with a suspected ulcer on my eyeball. I was shocked but obviously did as I was told.

After some tests at the hospital, I was advised that I did not have an ulcer, I had "Recurrent Corneal Erosion Syndrome' (which I had never heard of) and was advised that this is usually caused from trauma to the eye. I questioned whether I really had been clever enough to do this to both eyes?!

For the week after my visit to the hospital, I had to administer antibiotic eye drops 4 times a day and also artificial tears 4 times a day (8 times a day in all)....so that meant no eye make-up for me that week which was both traumatic and liberating.

I returned to the hospital for a check up a week later, happy with my eye feeling much better but not 100%.

I now need to finish the course of artificial eye drops which will be for the next 2 months, 4 x a day and to add to this, I now, for the next year (!) have to put an eye gel in both eyes every evening which I will need to buy every 28 days.

After reviewing what the hospital advised and having no knowledge of any trauma i.e. poking/bashing myself in BOTH eyes at a similar time, I have come to the realisation that at the exact same time I started getting 'watery eye' was the exact same time I had purchased this product and was in fact struggling with the falling fibres.

I do believe that it was this product which caused all of this. Beware!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials