April 19, 2014 | 1546 users online

Eye Shadow - Younique Moodstruck Pigment- Sexy

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Paperfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The product isn't horrible, but definitely not worth the price. It is nothing special. It does not have any remarkable qualities or even that great a color payoff.

They go for $10 each.

So why would I rate it 1 lipstick overall, while marking it extremely expensive?

While not extremely pricy (I mean, hey, what's $10?), the amount of product you receive for the $10 is laughable. Priced per gram, this eyeshadow is very expensive. Let's agree that "Chanel" is an especially high end makeup brand. A Chanel eyeshadow mono (llusion d’Ombre Long-Wear Luminous Eyeshadow) goes for $36 and contains approximately 3 grams of product, meaning per gram, Chanel costs $12. This makes Younique just slightly cheaper, but nowhere near the same quality. Despite the manageable price, it is important to look at the amount of product you're getting in exchange for it. Per gram, this is drugstore quality product selling for high-end quality prices.

Contrary to the earlier review, Younique is NOT a vegan company, and this is not a vegan (or even vegetarian) product, as, the carmine used to dye it pink is made from crushed beetles.

I suspect that the ratings are inflated because they are reviewed by people who sell the product, which creates a conflict of interest. Please take this into consideration when you decide whether to buy Younique products based on reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Alora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a new line of mineral cosmetics designed and produced in Utah. My nail tech's sister and brother own the company and she introduced me to the line. Love it! They have a primer that is super silky and prepares the eyelid for the pigments. Since the pigments are powder form the primer acts to hold color in place 16 or more hours (for me). My favorite shade is Sassy but combined with Sexy, Curious and Confident my eyes pop. It is their formulas, colors and long-lasting quality that will keep me as a customer!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you don't know what Younique is...you should. They are an organic, all natural vegan line of mineral makeups and pigments. It's all sold online.
They don't put fillers in their pigment and minerals like Bare Minerals, MAC, or any other brand. It's pure pigment or mineral.

I can't even begin to explain how much of a holy grail product this is. I decided to try the color "sexy" because I had spilled all of my light Color Revolution pigment at a photo shoot. I use a mix of Color Revolution, Jane Iredale, Youngblood, Fyrinnae, and MAC pigments in my kit. Not only did this pigment replace my spilled pigment but it replaced some of my other products too like my light shimmery lipgloss and my highlighting product.

Because there are no fillers the powder bonds right to the skin and becomes waterproof. It also creates an intense color payoff that can be controlled by either using water to make it more intense or using a fluffier brush to soften the color. I adore the texture on this. I thought no one could touch my MAC or Fyrinnae pigments but this texture, color, payoff, and ability to be smoothly mixed with other mediums (some pigments clump when mixed), and the waterproof quality make this a far superior product. Not to mention it's cheaper. $10 for a full size pigment.

The color sexy is one i'd recommend for everyone. I use it as a shadow, as a brow highlighter, mixed in with my powder as a face highlighter, and mixed in with my concealer to create a touche eclat glow for under eye concealer. I also dab it in the center of my mouth after gloss to give a really smooth sexy glow. It doesn't chunk up when mixed with gloss at all. It's just amazing! My new Holy Grail Line! Check out their 3D fiber lashes as well. I'm so hooked. I'm switching out all my pigments in my pro kit to this line. AMAZING!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No