December 19, 2014 | 1008 users online

Eye Shadow - Younique Moodstruck Pigment- Sexy

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Younique stinks. I don't like their products at all. These pigments are messy and fall all over my face. Yuck. I'm also sick of scammy MLM companies and the way that their "presenters" push their crap and blow up my Facebook timeline.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Jollyholly1967

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My review is that this is supposed to be bought by a presenter and not sold on Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by kittypasa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pleasantly surprised. People like the reviewer previous to me need to realize that these are NOT regular pressed shadows. These are loose pigments. They are trickier to apply and take practice. However, the end results when applied correctly are AMAZING. The quality of the pigments are superb, and they remained in place all day without creasing. The quality is much higher than regular pressed shadow. I was very surprised in the quality and the colors. Apparently they come in matte and shimmer, and the shimmer ones are just great. I am not affiliated in any way with the brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by CompletelyMadforMakeup

The shimmery colors are very pretty and add a. Ice touch of shimmer. The matte colors are pretty but I had a hard time blending them. Both are very messy. The colors end up all over my face. I have to literally wash my face after applying. The matte doesn't come out too strong and when you add water to make it stronger it's impossible to blend. Don't expect a lot of product because the jars are super small. The shimmery colors are worth the price but I don't feel that the matte colors are.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Crisalta82

These pigments are truly amazing. They rival the colors of MAC, but they are mineral like Bare Minerals. I also like that they gave matte and shiny pigments. The product stays on and does not accumulate at the crease or wear off easily. My make-up artist recommended these to me. Love them and would definitely purchase again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Raquel89

I love my Younique pigments, might i even say just as much as my mac pigments? The quality is comparable, I actually did two comparison swatches for my friend and told her to pick which one was Mac and she couldn't. The size difference, Mac is 4.5 grams for $21 where Younique is only 1.1 for $10 but this doesn't bother me! Reason being, I've had my pigments for a few years and I've barely made a dent in them! And mac doesn't make smaller sizes, so you have to go through other sites to buy the samples which are claimed to be 1/4 tsp for about $5. And I cant tell you how many stories I've heard about people being ripped off because what they were receiving were not even genuine Mac pigments! Not to mention do you really trust some random person handling your makeup? maybe so but I'm just not that trusting. Ingredients play a big factor too, but you can do your own research on that. The only reason I didn't give 5 lipsticks is because id love to see more colors come out! I believe they have 32 right now, but what can I say this girl loves a big variety lol!!! I hope this review was helpful!
xoxo

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Lmrowell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried most of the products in youniques line and these pigments are awful. The jar is tiny - like a thimble and it's really nothing special, no better or worse than other brands you can buy at the store without additional shipping charges and being hounded by younique reps.
The colors are extremely vibrant & last a decent amount of time but for the time, cosy, and effort involved in purchasing them it's easier to find something at Sephora or your local department store.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Paperfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The product isn't horrible, but definitely not worth the price. It is nothing special. It does not have any remarkable qualities or even that great a color payoff.

They go for $10 each.

So why would I rate it 1 lipstick overall, while marking it extremely expensive?

While not extremely pricy (I mean, hey, what's $10?), the amount of product you receive for the $10 is laughable. Priced per gram, this eyeshadow is very expensive. Let's agree that "Chanel" is an especially high end makeup brand. A Chanel eyeshadow mono (llusion d’Ombre Long-Wear Luminous Eyeshadow) goes for $36 and contains approximately 3 grams of product, meaning per gram, Chanel costs $12. This makes Younique just slightly cheaper, but nowhere near the same quality. Despite the manageable price, it is important to look at the amount of product you're getting in exchange for it. Per gram, this is drugstore quality product selling for high-end quality prices.

Contrary to the earlier review, Younique is NOT a vegan company, and this is not a vegan (or even vegetarian) product, as, the carmine used to dye it pink is made from crushed beetles.

I suspect that the ratings are inflated because they are reviewed by people who sell the product, which creates a conflict of interest. Please take this into consideration when you decide whether to buy Younique products based on reviews.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Alora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a new line of mineral cosmetics designed and produced in Utah. My nail tech's sister and brother own the company and she introduced me to the line. Love it! They have a primer that is super silky and prepares the eyelid for the pigments. Since the pigments are powder form the primer acts to hold color in place 16 or more hours (for me). My favorite shade is Sassy but combined with Sexy, Curious and Confident my eyes pop. It is their formulas, colors and long-lasting quality that will keep me as a customer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you don't know what Younique is...you should. They are an organic, all natural vegan line of mineral makeups and pigments. It's all sold online.
They don't put fillers in their pigment and minerals like Bare Minerals, MAC, or any other brand. It's pure pigment or mineral.

I can't even begin to explain how much of a holy grail product this is. I decided to try the color "sexy" because I had spilled all of my light Color Revolution pigment at a photo shoot. I use a mix of Color Revolution, Jane Iredale, Youngblood, Fyrinnae, and MAC pigments in my kit. Not only did this pigment replace my spilled pigment but it replaced some of my other products too like my light shimmery lipgloss and my highlighting product.

Because there are no fillers the powder bonds right to the skin and becomes waterproof. It also creates an intense color payoff that can be controlled by either using water to make it more intense or using a fluffier brush to soften the color. I adore the texture on this. I thought no one could touch my MAC or Fyrinnae pigments but this texture, color, payoff, and ability to be smoothly mixed with other mediums (some pigments clump when mixed), and the waterproof quality make this a far superior product. Not to mention it's cheaper. $10 for a full size pigment.

The color sexy is one i'd recommend for everyone. I use it as a shadow, as a brow highlighter, mixed in with my powder as a face highlighter, and mixed in with my concealer to create a touche eclat glow for under eye concealer. I also dab it in the center of my mouth after gloss to give a really smooth sexy glow. It doesn't chunk up when mixed with gloss at all. It's just amazing! My new Holy Grail Line! Check out their 3D fiber lashes as well. I'm so hooked. I'm switching out all my pigments in my pro kit to this line. AMAZING!

9 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No