April 17, 2014 | 960 users online

Highlighters - NYX - Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator-Gleam

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice illuminator, perfect for darker skin tones.
This is great for summer when you get a tan, great for anyone with darker skin tones. Not perfect for me, since I have a lighter skin tone, but... Oh well, it still looks good with some self-tanner/bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh I'm on the fence with this. Theoretically it's a peachy highlighter. On my African American skin it's very subtle, and comes across more of a brown bronze than peach. The size is outstanding for the price. I like the small hole used to squirt the products out, because its easy to start with a tiny amount and go from there. It's almost too subtle for me though. I don't wear highlighter everyday, and certainly don't like dramatic, shimmery frost on my face. But this is barely noticeable. Adding more makes it too noticeable. I even angled my face in the sun and the glow was hard to spot. I use a small stippling brush to work a dot on the highpoints of my cheekbones. I use it when im not wearing much makeup. If you're afraid of looking too summery this may work. For the price I don't regret it, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This illuminator is great! It does give a bit of a shiny glow without sparkles! I have other highlighters but they add sparkles, so this one is my very favorite! It blends in very well, I use over my BB cream and it really adds some oomph! I will be buying again!