NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator-Gleam

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the golden/bronze one "gleam" because it best flatters my brown skin-tone. The color is simply beautiful and a little goes a long way. You can apply this directly to the bridge of the nose, cheekbone etc to highlight. What I've done is mixed this into my liquid foundation for an all over glow. This is shimmery rather than sparkly so the effects are subtle and beautiful, not over the top.

great for strobing!

I'm reviewing the color "sunbeam"
This is a product you DO NOT want to use by itself. It’s sparkly and I never read that you’re supposed to slather it on your face anyways. I mix a dab of this into my usual primer and it makes my entire face brightened and pretty. I really really like what it does as far as correcting darkness and sallow looking skin, so I use it everyday. It isn’t very colored, so no matter how fair you are you can wear it—just remember to use a drop mixed in with your primer—don’t go too heavy or you’ll see sparkly skin all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product...better than my NARS orgasm illuminator in the tube! scroll down to cjenn's review...it is spot on! It isn't runny...it adheres flawlessly to your face....i use it on my cheeks a bit and all the places the sun would hit. I just did my makeup and realized something was missing....I hadn't put this on yet...voila...finished and pretty....and it's not expensive...loving most things NYX these days!....great inexpensive line!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I feel like I must've been using something completely different then what others reviewed. I saw very real silver glitter. I found it to not be flattering all. It wore nicely, wasn't greasy, but not that subtle glow I was looking for. There are too many nice highlighters out there to waste my time and money in this. Back to ulta it goes.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product is a must-have!!

In my makeup routine I mix this with my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (my shade is Shell Beige) and apply the mixture all over my cheek area.

This gives my face a healthy glow without too much glitter. The Double Wear has a high coverage and I don't need that everyday, so blending it with the illuminator is a perfect match for a natural look.

-It looks great on photos

I have sensitive skin and none of these products has ever made me breakout!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I apply this really sheerly, it creates a nice highlight since it is not glittery at all. I apply this with a damp sponge and it helps sheer it out. Since I'm so pale, I can only use this in the summer time when I'm tanned. I don't think I would repurchase this however, as I've found easy to work with highlights

I am a makeup junkie and I absolutely love this product! Nyx slam dunked it with this one! It is perfect for the summer when you want a glow to your cheeks and complexion. I use this every single day on the top of my cheekbones and even bring it down to my cheeks. I feel like it goes hand and hand with milani baked blushes. You literally look so incredibly radiant with this product on and I love the look it gives. I have dry/combo skin so it doesn't make me look shiny but if you have oily skin i might wait on this one. The squeeze tube is super ideal and a little bit is perfect for giving you that summer glow you always dreamed of!!!

Contrary to how most others have rated this product, I have to say that I am impressed. The consistency isn't runny and the peachy color seems to disappear right into my light (with yellow undertones) skin. I would say that darker skin tones might not wear this well in that the color is way too light. I recommend mixing this with your liquid or cream foundation in your hand or when using with a brush and really blending well once on your face. This delivers a very flattering, slightly shimmery look to your complexion and doesn't leave your skin oily or greasy (I am normal-oily skin type). I really have to say that for the money, I am impressed with this product and would purchase again with no hesitation.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Me: NW45

I like this product well enough, just not well enough to buy it again. I like it better than Revlon Skinlights in Peach Light which is kind of the color of this. It does give a nice shimmer that's somewhere btwn the barely there of SkinLights and the full but still wearable Becca SSP (which is what I compare liquid highlighters to), the same goes for the consistency of the liquid. It's not as thin as Revlon and not as thick as BECCA.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice illuminator, perfect for darker skin tones.
This is great for summer when you get a tan, great for anyone with darker skin tones. Not perfect for me, since I have a lighter skin tone, but... Oh well, it still looks good with some self-tanner/bronzer.