July 29, 2014 | 1955 users online

Palettes - LORAC - GLOgetter Palette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really decent little palette for the price. There are some unique colors in it. These colors are great for those who are trying to venture from neutral/subtle looks into something more bold. If you are a die hard bold makeup wearer, you maybe disappointed in the color pay off of these shadows. I find myself reaching for this more in the day then in the night. I can get some very nice appropriate work looks with a bit of color.
These colors appear very summery but there are some cool tones that if paired right, can work into fall and winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

As someone who rarely wears eyeshadow, I stick with sample palettes from gifts-with-purchase from Clinique and Lancome or drugstore brands such as NYX or Physicians Formula. But when I saw LORAC GLOgetter in an Ulta sales ad for only $20 I knew I had to buy it, and I have no regrets.

You get 10 eyeshadows in a variety of colors and finishes (although most are shimmery), but they complement each other nicely. My favorite is a shimmery turquoise and yellow duochrome- so gorgeous and unique! Even when used dry they are all decently pigmented, not super-saturated but easy to apply and blend. You can apply them wet of course for a more intense look. Even without primer they last a long time before showing signs of fading.

I really like the slim packaging with the mirror, very portable! For anyone who's wondering where this is made in, it's made in China...I'm thinking that's why this palette is so cheap. I typically avoid products made in China because the quality tends to be very low but not in this case at all.

This is my first LORAC purchase so I cannot compare it to its regular line of eyeshadows or other palettes its released but overall I think the GLOgetter is fantastic deal for the beautiful colors, moderate pigmentation, and variety of looks you could create with it. If you're interested, buy it now before it sells out everywhere!

Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by bfresh0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the way the colors look in the package but they don't go on the same way as they look. Sadly is it not as pigmented as the other lorac eyeshadows. The colors seems very sheer even with a good eye shadow primer under it. The tan-ish Colors go on more orange than they look in the package. It's not horrible especially for only 20 bucks but I rarely ever find myself using it because I have much better quality eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by getstrong29

Pretty colors!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this palette swatched on a blog and I *had* to have it! I usally wear very neutral eye colors but there was something about this that called my name. The colors are so fun, high-quality, and perfect for summer. I have also used Maybelline's color tattoo in Seashore Frosts mixed with several of the shadows in here and they go together so well! This was a great buy for the money and I highly recommend it. For reference, I used Avon's e/s primer with these colors and had no fading or creasing all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Three of the colors in this palette are close dupes for Urban Decay's Deluxe shadow box in the colors fishnet, ransom, and peace which is currently on sale for $13. What drew me to this palette was the mint green shadow with a gold shift. What I also like about this palette that the Deluxe shadow box doesn't have is a mix of neutrals.
Also, if you're someone that purchased the Lorac Pro palette but found the colors too soft and powdery, this palette is definitely not like that one. The colors in that palette ended up fading on my lids but I didn't experience that with glogetter. Even when I dipped the brush into the shadow, there wasn't any loose or soft powder kicking up.
Overall, for $20, Lorac put out a quality palette at a very reasonable price. I think this would make a great gift and would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by GoDawgs

I can't believe the negative review on this product!! I am in love with this palette. I was wanting an eyeshadow palette with fun colors for summer, and after looking at swatches online, it was between LORAC glogetter and Too Faced Summer Eyes. I have TF Naked Eye and Romantic Eye and really love both, so I expected to prefer the Too Faced Palette in person. Well, I swatched both, and think the LORAC is far superior in shadow quality and the colors.

All of the shadows have a nice, buttery texture and apply easily and look very pigmented when applied. They are also gorgeous colors in person. At $20, this palette is a steal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LORAC has made some great, high-quality palettes that have really made me say, "Wow, what a great deal!" GLOGetter is not one of them.

I went into Ulta, saw this, and drooled over the pretty summery colors. This has plenty of neutrals, but adds a few fun teals and blues to make it interesting. There's a mixture of finishes and two larger all-over/highlighter shades. When I found out that this palette is only $20, I was positively giddy.

When I applied the e/s, I was underwhelmed. The texture is chalky and after about 3 hours, the vibrant teal on my lid was more of a muted teal wash, while the chocolate brown in my crease had turned into a flesh-colored tan. How disappointing.

The color range and sleek packaging are great, but the texture and lasting power don't really measure up to LORAC's other palettes (like the Croc and Pro palettes). If you really like the summery colors and want a higher-quality palette, check out Too Faced's Summer Eye instead. The colors are similar and the quality is much better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No