October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - Cashmere Waterproof Gliding Liner - All colors

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a general rule, I'm not a fan of retractable liners, but I think this came in a value set, so I didn't have a choice in the matter. This is a dreadful product. It's practically useless. I assume the concept behind it is that it is a drier product that will stay in place and not smear or fade away. Well, it's a nice though, if you could even apply it in the first place. I would compare the use of this eyeliner to trying to use a black crayola crayon to line your eyes. The color just isn't imparted. I tried to soften it by swiping it on the back of my hand a few times, and even that proved difficult. I had to vigorously color my hand with it just for the color to show up. There was no way that was going to provide even application or color..so it went right into the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I hate this eyeliner. I tried to use it to line my lower rim and it just could not to the job. Even after I warmed it up, it did not want to work. I hate retractable liners in general, but this one does not impress more than cheaper drugstore brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by cici132013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I got this as a gift from QVC, and may I say the little box it came in is ADORABLE!

I have the 4 colors in black, plum, charcoal, and brown.

PROS:
extremely blendable
creamy
lasts all day on LIDS
twistable so you don't have to sharpen it
looks great and natural on the waterline

CONS:
transfers and smudges when you use it to tight line
lasts on waterline for only about an hour

Overall I think this is a pretty good product, but I would not buy it myself because it is a RIDICULOUS price, and they only last a short period of time on your upper and lower waterline and they smudge a LOT. So if your are looking for an eyeliner for your lash line, then I would recommend this if you are willing to pay a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received four of these as a present; they were part of a box set sold by QVC. I have black, plum, charcoal, and brown. The colors are rich and deep. These have become my favorite eyeliners as they will smudge beautifully if you want them to but will otherwise stay in place all day.

I use liquid liner exclusively to tightline (Milani Infinite is the best IMO). I wear contacts and any sort of thickness to the eyeliner manages to disturbs them. I have not used these on my upper line. I do use pencils for my lower line. These donít last that long toward the eye (1-2 hours max), but will last most, of the day closer to the lashline. They do not apply opaque on the waterline. I have yet to find a pencil that is truly great for tightlining, but these and a couple of Mac kohl pencils are my favorite. (UD 24/7 was a joke for me. I know many love them for tightlining, but I do not at all. These cashmere pencils are far better.)

These are automatic gel pencils that do not retract. The diameter of the pencil is great because it is small enough for you to always get the pencil to a point but large enough to actually make a good mark. Some similar pencils I have arenít as accommodating. Also, these burrow their way in to places without leaving marks elsewhere. I like to line my outer lashline just barely. My eyelid kind of bunches up near the lashline even when my eyes are closed. Many pencils get color all over my eyelid. These are the best ones for lining in crevices.

I donít really know where I can buy these outside of a box set. It seems Amazon and Ebay sell them through individual sellers. The prices differ, so I donít know how much they would retail for. I would like it if they were in Tarteís main line. Price would be a factor for repurchase because I can get good pencils for really cheap. I love these but they are not essential for my makeup supply. The majority of my eye looks are heavily dependent upon liquid liner rather than on pencils.