September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Lipstick - LUSH - Liquid Lipstick - Passionate

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by EnergeticCrab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to work at Lush and when this product launched, it was everyone's favorite. I even liked it. The thing is, the more I used it, the more I learned to hate it.
The color is very pigmented. This is great if you want a lime crime-esque lip, that makes a bold statement. But you have to be careful about your skin tone. I have olive undertones (green, not tan), and this looks horrid on me. It looks gorgeous on most people however, the blue sheen from the fuchsia is really special.
It stains like nobody's business. Short of using a lip scrub, it will take a full day, or even two, for the color to fade from your lips. I found this annoying but some people like that.
The consistency is very thin, almost drying despite the oil base. I prefer a thicker formula in a lip product.
The lipstick is so freakin pigmented that the amount you get will last forever. Buying one of these is a good investment. The price is less than stellar though.
The packaging it cute to look at but not fun for me to use. The doe tip fell off into the product and the post that holds it was loose in the cap. You could use a lip brush, but I never found that practical in daily use.
My review is very circumstantial and I totally understand that it was influenced by my skin tone/expectations/packaging/exposure, rather than an unbiased account of the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had previously written a review for the color Decisive, which I still own and love. I wanted to do an entirely separate review for Passionate because I'm so blown away that I feel it bears repeating any key points.
This color is amazing. Completely, totally, inarguably AMAZING. It's a gorgeous bright fuchsia with an almost blue duochrome which looks INCREDIBLE in the sunlight. Seriously, Summer gals - this is the bright lip to wear with that adorable bikini at the beach.
It is incredibly moisturizing (no surprise, since the Emotional Brilliance lip colors have Ultrabalm as a base), and leaves a terrific berry flush on the lips after it's wiped off.
And can we just talk about the staying power for one minute here? Because it's insane. I wore it all day, two days in a row, and both times, it was just as vibrant at the end of the evening as it was when I put it on that morning. LOVE.
It takes a little working with to make it budge proof - I usually apply three coats, blotting after each one (including the last), which helps it to become more satiny than slick, and that made a huge difference. You still get the depth of color and the blue flash, but it doesn't migrate all over the place.
Yes, the EB line at LUSH is pricey. Yes, the containers are funny-looking (I happen to like them. I think the short wand is quite handy in terms of control). But not having to reapply a million times during the day, and not having to jump through hoops prepping the lips with four different products ahead of time makes them worth the price, especially since $30 high-end lipsticks lack the staying power and moisturizing properties of these little gems.
Oh, and they are hand made and non-toxic AND CRUELTY FREE. How much better can they get?!