Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Cocoa Bear

4.4

on 2/24/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Good God, Cocoa Bear is so pigmented! This is a fantastic crease colour and on my NC50 complexion - with a very light hand it can pass as a great transition colour. It's a very warm brown with an orange hue, I love this so much with Homecoming on the lid, MAC Shadowy Lady in the socket and outer v area and of course Cocoa Bear just above the crease. Love! Definitely a thumbs up

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Probably makeupgeeks stand out eyeshadow. Really warm brown. It just doesn't read /warm brown/ on my eyes but more orange than I would like. Good shadow overall. Bendable and affordable

on 12/26/2014 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OK, first of all, this is an amazing eye-shadow all things considered. But, if you look up one or more products from this brand you will see a negative review from the same person. Saying "my niece" or "my friend" has/had this "horrible". This person is going to great lengths to disparage the brand. I'm thinking they have alterier motives.

on 11/1/2014 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Cocoa Bear is such a gorgeous, smooth color. It pairs very well with Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean, Peach Smoothie, and Crème Brûlée for a warm matte neutral eye. A little goes a long way, as well, so apply carefully and blend well! It is also a very warm brown; you'll get the most out of it if you have a natural tan or by pairing it with cooler colors to bring it back a bit.

Pros:
* very, very creamy
* very pigmented
* silky application
* blendable
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* leans a little more red than expected
* not easy to fix mistakes

on 8/22/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

MAC is not as consistent as some people think. I've had more duds with them over the years than I can count, and it forced me to stop buying the brand-- besides the lipsticks. Currently there is no shade that matches this since Brown Script was discontinued.
For a baby brand, the MUG shadows are good and affordable. Cocoa Bear is a staple red based brown that enhances all eye colors and adds something special to the eye crease.

on 2/16/2014 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok first off I have to say my friend bought two MG eyeshawdows and this was one of them,
she tried it one time and did not like it, so she gave it to me.

I found it to change colors as the day went on, also it was hard to blend and looked
muddy on me, the other color she gave me was a lighter color and that just wore off
by lunch time....

the price is ok, but for a few more bucks I would rater stay with MAC...and get something worth the money, IMO you cant beat MAC.

on 12/8/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Cocoa Bear is a beautiful matte red brown eyeshadow. It is well pigmented and applies easily to the eyelid and blends easily. It is a great crease colour. I use this colour all the time and it works really well with golds, bronzes and purples. It lasts for a good eight hours with a good base. I would highly recommend this shadow.

on 11/22/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Love this color!! Soooo pretty. Very warm medium brown, similar to MAC brown script for Inglot 335. Almost orange/terra cotta brown. I love this with lots of other warm browns. I do peach smoothie and creme brulee in the crease, MAC texture on the lid, and cocoa bear in the outer v/outer 1/3. This is a Jacyln Hill look.
It is powdery, but if you gently press your brush into the shadow, fall out isn't too terrible. I like that these shadows come in pans because I use pallettes a lot. I like that they are reasonably priced. As long as you don't expect MAC or Urban Decay quality, you will be happy with it.

on 8/3/2013 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

MAC's Saddle use to be my go to crease color - that was before Cocoa Bear, what a great color! It's a deeper shade than saddle. I use it on the edge of my crease for definition. It's a wonderful rich warm red brown on my NC45 complexion without looking muddy or lost on my deep complexion. This color would look great on mostly everyone!

on 4/22/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this Makeup Geek eyeshadow as well! It's a really nice warm brown colour that is really nice in the crease and also to warm up looks with a lot of cool colours. Great blending colour in my opinion!
Very pigmented, so no need to load on the colour on the brush, a little works a long way.

Top Rated Makeup Geek Products