August 27, 2014 | 932 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Nivea Essential Care

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is so so. I mean, in my area this is everywhere and it's cheap. I once would wear this after swimming. It smells simple. Still, it is not that good, but not that bad. For this price, you can't expect anymore guys.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only lip balm I have used an entire tube of on multiple occasions! This is definitely my holy grail for lip balms! I have found other lip balms to be drying or to make my lips peel after using them for a while but I have never had a problem with this lip balm. I have one in my desk, one in my nightstand, one in my purse, and several in my bathroom drawer waiting to go! The formula is silky smooth and moisturizing. It absorbs into your lips and doesn't make you feel like you need to reapply because it really hydrates. It doesn't feel waxy or heavy on your lips, just wonderfully smooth and luxurious! It has a faint smell that is sort of fresh but it isn't too scented. I have tried the other variations of Nivea's lip balm but I always come back to the one in the royal blue tube! It does not contain sunscreen so it doesn't have a bad taste if you accidentally get it in your mouth. Anyone who has chapped lips in the winter or their child has chapped lips, I recommend this lip balm to them to keep them from having to reapply over and over and have their lips dry out from balms that have camphor or other strong ingredients in them. I love this lip balm and will keep buying it as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how much I love this! I gave up on all the chapsticks to be honest because they always feel too waxy for me, heavy, just sit on my lips, but still not moisturizing enough. :-( However THIS product is wonderful!!! Smells nice, I only apply one coat and it does the job wonderfully! No heavy sticky feeling, and it DOES sink in and it DOES moisturize. I don`t use it under lipsticks (I only use an Estee L lipbalm designed for that), but alone this works great... :-) I threw all the other lipbalms to the garbage, lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good lip balm for the price, grabbed it quick in a two pack at the cash register when I had forgotten to get lip balm while doing my shopping. I used this every day and it worked. However, I needed to keep reapplying because it didn't seem to last too long on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's a nice lip treatment on the go. I don't think it's moisturizing enough for over-night use, but in the day time it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by LiaSays

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product sooo much. Before I found nivea, I used to use ChapStick and I thought it was pretty good. But after trying the nivea lip care, I realized that ChapStick was pretty useless compared to Nivea Essential Care. It made my lips smooth and soft within 2 days! (before, I used to have chapped, pigmented and dry lips) and the chapstick also helped restore my lip's color back to normal. The product has a light, sensible and casual smell, which is really nice, because sometimes you just don't want to be smelling your lip product all day. It's a little sticky though... Here are some pros and cons about it:

Pros:
1. Reasonably priced
2. Very moisturizing
3. Colorless, so you can wear it anywhere
4. Almost no smell
5. A bright colored tube which is hard to lose
6. Makes your lips kissable :)

Cons:
1. Sticky, especially on a windy day when your hair gets stuck to your lips :-/
2. It spreads a little too easily and you end up having way too much lip product with one swipe sometimes
3. You go through the product really quickly (one tube lasts just one month if we use it 4-5 per day)
4. If you swipe a little too hard, the product will just snap off

But all in all, this was an amazing buy and I will definitely purchase this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

A very basic lip balm without any scent, and does a decent moisturising job without drying out the lips. It's extremely affordable as well.

My only gripe about this lip balm is that it can be a bit thick and heavy on the lips (it's not formulated to give your lips that matte look). Now, this wouldnt be a problem without lipstick, but you tend to notice that it may be difficult for the shade of your lipstick to show on your lips with such a heavy lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Strange that this lip balm hasn't been reviewed much - maybe it's a UK only product? However it's still widely available, sold in large supermarkets and Boots stores for around 1.60.

I picked up this lip balm whilst travelling as the cold weather had dried my lips out horribly. No faults with the packaging - smooth with a long lid that stays secure in my bag and very easy to twist and apply smoothly. The formula doesn't make my lips greasy and doesn't feel like it lingers too long whilst still leaving them nicely moisturised during the day. I keep it in my bag so I can apply whilst in the car or when I'm out to keep my lips from feeling too dry. My only dislike is the smell - pleasant but a bit too perfumed for a lip product. I prefer my lip balms to have an edible scent or very, very little smell.

Not bad for a moisturising lip balm and does the job, but next time I'll choose one that's a little less over-perfumed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by JL98

i love this lip balm it is the best ive ever tried and one of a few that works with my sensitive lips. i wanted to write a review for it but for some reason it hasnt been listed yet but its k cos i found u can enter new products into muas database (which i did obv). i think its such a great product cos its v moisturising, some ppl say its to thick but i think its only if ur applying more than one coat (or it could b just me). my lips r naturally dry and this has always worked well to protect them form chapping, particularly in winter. it also gives ive found a really nice gloss to the lips that u cant get w other lip balms (but then thts wat lip gloss was invented for;) one tube always lasts me months and i apply it regularly. also its weird cos my friends say it smells like those orange cream arnotts biscuits and i dont eat a lot of those!! overall i just think its such a great lip balm altho mayb u mite prefer burts bees.