October 22, 2014 | 2111 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - LA Fresh / Travel lite makeup remover wipes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on travel earlier this month and tried these wipes as they were part of the hotel's guest offerings. My experience was very different from that of the previous reviewers. The wipes were plenty moist and a decent size. I was amazed at how well one wipe completely dissolved my waterproof mascara (it did much better than the greasy, travel-sized makeup remover gel I had packed) and removed most of my face makeup. I still had to use a damp washcloth to remove remaining makeup remover and makeup residue, but that is an exfoliation step Id do anyway, and removal of the makeup remover residue might have prevented any skin irritation. I would not use these on a regular basis but would definitely use for travel. I just checked the price so I can order some for future use, and it's quite reasonable through La Fresh and Amazon.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got an 8 pack of these in an Ipsy bag and decided to bring them on a recent trip. The unopened package of wipes barely had any moisture, so I found I needed to add makeup remover to the towelette. These wipes are also quite small, so I ended up washing my face with another cleanser afterwards. I don't see any useful purpose for these makeup remover wipes. I will use the last few to remove swatches, if they even work for that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

La Fresh says "travel savvy women around the globe rave about La Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes. That's because they instantly desolve even heavy duty makeup with a silky, lite touch formula. Perfectly portable, La Fresh makes beauty a breeze when you're on-the-go." I received a full sized package of eight wipes in my March Ipsy Bag. Each 8ct packet retails for $1.99, which is reasonable. La Fresh specializes in wipes of many varieties, I believe all of their products are in some sort of towelette form. La Fresh is a cruelty free brand. These facial wipes were made in America.
La Fresh's Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes measure 5x5.75". They come in a small, carry on approved pink pouch. The sticky tab that seals the pouch is white, and actually stay shut! The product name, company logo, and a short description are printed on the front of the packet. A longer description, directions, ingredients, and company info can be found on the back of the pouch. La Fresh is an environmentally conscious brand, their wipes and packaging are all bio-degradable.
I've heard a handful of mixed reviews about La Fresh's Makeup Remover Wipes. It seemed like a lot of fellow Ipsy subscribers were having allergic reactions to the wipes, which made me nervous about trying them. When I finally mustered up the courage to try these towelettes, I was pleasantly surprised, I didn't experience the itching or redness many other users complained about. These makeup removing towelettes are decent, but nothing special. They aren't particularly saturated in makeup remover, making them less effective. La Fresh's towelettes are best for removing facial makeup and eyeshadows. They struggle to remove eyeliner and really can't do much to dismantle my mascara. I definitely need to at least rinse my face after using these wipes, if not use a makeup remover. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of a makeup removing wipe? I've never found a makeup removing wipe that actually removes everything, except Balea's 3-in-1 Cleansing Cloths, so I guess that makes the La Fresh wipes pretty average. I'd use them if I was traveling and had little to no access to water, but I wouldn't reach for these, or any, facial towelettes on a regular basis in the comfort of my own home. La Fresh's Makeup Remover Wipes have a baby powder scent that I could do without.
I'm pretty neutral about La Fresh's Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes. They're not bad, but they're also not very good. The price is right for a packet of just 8 wipes. Packaging is convenient and portable, as promised. If you wear light eye makeup, these towelettes may be enough for you, but otherwise they won't get the job done. I'd be careful around these wipes if your skin is sensitive, something about them seems to be irritating to a lot of people. I'll finish off my packet, considering I only have 2 wipes left, but I won't repurchase, nor do I recommend La Fresh's Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't care for these but I added a star because they are 100% biodegradable, paraben-free, and fragrance-free. If those properties are important to you, these may be worth trying. I greatly prefer Josie Maran's Bear Naked wipes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These wipes did not get most of the makeup off my face... I had to use three... not very practical for traveling when you have to take 3 times the ammount of product with you to get makeup off your face. It made my face burn in firey agony for about 5 minutes after using. Do not use these if you have skin that gets irritated easily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in one of my beauty boxes subscriptions. It's a pretty pink packaging with a stylized woman on it.

This product touch and smell like baby wipes. At first I thought it was great, soft and silky on my skin. However, it does not remove makeup easily so you have to really rub the towel on your face, and it really irritate my skin. My eyes became puffy and irritated and the lid was really red. It was really not an easy task to remove the makeup (btw it was not waterproof makeup) and I took a lot of time.

I will not purchase.