November 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Moisturizers - Alaffia - Everyday Coconut Daily Face Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by orwen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm no good with words. This is my first review and maybe the last, for this reason, BUT i found this so amazing.

The best sunscreen ever. I use it as deodorant too and works perfect. My best friend clear up her oily face from blackheads and adult acne in about a month. Now she thanks me for her dewy skin. I say, Thanks Alaffia.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I bought this lotion to use as a daily spf moisturizer under makeup. The moisturizer is thick, but surprisingly "dry." There is no oily/greasy feel, and after just a few moments of smoothing it across the skin, there is a completely matte, velvety texture. The pump locks, and despite the bottle's warnings that separation would occur, I never had a problem with this at all.

However, it is WHITE. I am very fair (so fair that most brands do not make a foundation light enough for me), and the white cast was still quite visible. It does soften a bit over time, and after putting on all of my makeup, it was not very noticeable. I'm not sure it would work for someone with dark skin, or someone who did not want to wear makeup over it. Blending carefully is essential to avoid white streaks, especially around the eyebrows and hairline. The scent is light and pleasant; sort of lavender-ish, but not a true lavender. It's difficult to explain, but it's not overpowering.

It does leave the skin quite soft, but the moisture factor isn't too high. For my combination/oily skin, it was perfect, but dry skin will probably want more moisture, especially with the zinc this contains.

I did not continue using this on my face, as the chalky finish wasn't the most conducive to makeup-wearing, and after a few weeks, I felt that something in it was clogging my pores a bit. However, it was a gentle product, and I would recommend it to anyone whose skin is not very acne-prone and not very dry, as it is surprisingly pleasant for a natural sunscreen (none of the typical ooey gooey, oily, sticky obnoxiousness of most natural spf products). I am using it up as a body sunscreen; may repurchase for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Jbergie

Holy smokes! I just got this face lotion the other day because my acne prone skin is in need of some serious lotion, and this had mad my skin SO SOFT. I have only been using it for two days so i dont know what it will do for my pus-type acne on cheeks and around mouth and chin, but on the clear spot of my skin... it is AMAZING ,... AMAZING

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Purchased both the Face lotion and SPF 15 from iherb. Its cheaper there at $6.29 each which is quite a bargain. I was very impressed with the size 12oz of natural product and comes in a pump bottle which is very convenient, The face lotion consistency is silky and smooth. I couldnt use this on my face because of the scent it was a spicy lavender with a hint of coconut, I used it on my hands which was ok. the smell still lingers and doesnt fade definetly not something i want on my face! The SPF 15 lotion i was hunting for something natural and cost effective and chose this. I wish i didnt this lotion is AWFUL! the consistency is creamy chalk! It doesnt blend in and leaves a white cast upon application i tried blending it in and it would just roll around. Definetly not something i like!! Although the face creams failed me the Everyday coconut Cleanser is AMAZING!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a daytime body lotion in the summer because of its zinc oxide based sunscreen properties. The lotion leaves a white cast and feels gritty on the skin mostly due to the zinc oxide but has done a decent job of protecting the backs of my hands and shoulders this summer!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by endlessmike

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me- too powdery with white flakes and streaks when I applied enough of it to get the full spf (which is not that high, so no option to "cheat" and apply less). My friend tried it with no problems though - she ended up taking most of it. What is left I use as body sunscreen with no ill effects, but I won't repurchase. Too bad because it is fairly inexpensive and has a short (and relatively non-toxic) ingredients list.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has just arrived at whole foods market. New items for face, from Everyday Coconut.
I bought the Daily Face Lotion and so far, am liking it! It is silky and when applied on the face, leaves a matte finish. Not oily at all. The fragrance is unique. Hopefully it does not have any phthalates in it!
The lotion claims to provide spf15 protection. Perfect for summer :)

Also, on the everydaycoconut website, Alaffia claims to provide 10% of the sales towards community projects in West Africa and one would hope that information is accurate. Makes me happy to be buying their products.

Unfortunately, esoteric brand names like these may not gain a larger circle of users, compared to the giant brands. I hope these kind of products thrive and prosper in the market as they offer benefits to more than one ailments, be it bad skin or poverty.

UPDATE JULY 2013 - actually, I've lowered the rating to 3 as this caused some breakouts and possibly a staph infection. It has coconut water which could go bad, I guess, and probly the fragrance is causing breakouts! Too bad.....I had really liked this cream!

Ingredient list taken from their website (http://www.everydaycoconut.com) -
Active Ingredient: Non Nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide 10%.

Other Ingredients: Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Water*, Neem (Azadirachta indica) Extract (aqueous), Papaya (Carica papaya) Extract (aqueous), Virgin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Oil*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Copra (Cocos nucifera) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Lavender Essential Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

*Certified Fair for Life - Social and Fair Trade by IMO.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No