October 24, 2014 | 1726 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Potion by Grow Luscious

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Vdifonzo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I read other reviews, but I haven't experienced any clumping or smudging with it. Also, I always use a lash curler. It's a little tough to remove, but will come off completely if you work at it with a makeup wipe. Personally, I have noticed that it works wonders on my bare lashes. I've definitely noticed growth. Really, you can't beat it for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in waterproof after reading some rave reviews on beauty blogs. I have long lashes and have been exclusively wearing tubing mascaras for years now because they are the only ones that don't smudge on me. Reviewers said that this mascara looked beautiful and stayed put all day, so I figured I'd give it a shot and that maybe I could save a few bucks on mascara by using this instead of tubing mascaras (which tend to be more expensive than drugstore mascaras).

One thing I loved about this mascara is that is held a curl and gave me a nice amount of volume. But, unfortunately, the cons ended up outweighing the pros for me. I experienced lash fall-out wearing this because it's very difficult to remove and because it dries to a hard finish which is rough on the lashes (which explains why it holds a curl so well).

It's just too much of a hassle to remove. I've gotten spoiled with tubing mascaras and I am so thankful that they exist because this waterproof mascara is like superglue. I just wish drugstore brands would come out with more tubing mascaras--L'Oreal and possibly Covergirl make one (I've heard that one in the CG Professionals line seems to be a tubing mascara), but they contain parabens which is a no-no for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jessicapattimore

Nothing special. I bought a two pack when it was on sale and I didn't even bother opening the second one. It's better than nothing but nothing to rave about.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by elitegymnasticsxo

love this mascara! This mascara gives you a ton of volume. I have this in waterproof and it holds the curl really well. I cried while wearing this and this wouldn't budge. But, don't apply to much or else it could get really clumpy. The brush is okay. The brush is really big for my Asian eyes but I can work with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by SLeal13

This is my favorite mascara ive ever used! Ive used Too Faced, Lancome and Chanel and this beats all of them! Definetely a fav

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by shaylapurple16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara isn't horrible: it does a decent job at making lashes dark and helping them stand out a little more. However, I find the consistency to be extremely sticky, even from the first time you open the tube. It's clumpy when applied, and I'm not a big fan of the brush, as it feels stiff and inflexible. When I first purchased this, I was fairly new to using mascara, but after having more experience, I am not really fond of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I don't believe this mascara grows lashes, I use Latisse for that purpose. I like this mascara for insanely long, thick lashes. It doesn't clump if you apply it with long, pulling strokes from bottom of lashes to tips. It doesn't flake or smudge and washes off easily with soap and water. This has been my go to mascara for quite some time now. Very happy with it..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by kandeanderson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mascara for over 4 months and honestly, I do think my lashes have gotten longer. I've used Latisse in the past and this stuff is pretty much doing the same thing. It will take several months of use, just like Latisse, but for under $10 I'm sold! I use it at least 3 times per week. The large brush is hard to get used to, but I really love it. When I first purchased it I was getting too much product on the brush and had some serious clumping issues, but now that it is a few months old it seems to have dried up a bit and goes on much nicer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bekahc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara because my nearest Target doesn't carry Revlon's Grow Luscious (the original, turquoise one), and I figured Lash Potion would be pretty close to the original. I bought the waterproof version in Blackened Brown.

Imma do some pros and cons because I'm already losing myself in these 'paragraph' whozy-whatsits.

PROS:
- Smooth, wettish formula that goes on quite nicely (until you get the clumps...).
- Separates lashes fairly well.
- Spiky, softish, feathery brush is better than a lot of, say, Covergirl's stubby, rubbery brushes.
- Very pigmented.
- Waterproof version does stay on all day without smudging.
- Pretty packaging (and cool name). (It's like...fairy mascara!)

CONS:
- Wet formula is kinda weird and hard to get used to at first. Also I think it may be the reason for the little itty bitty clumps.
- Spiky brush is awkward and boxy. And it doesn't narrow at the tip, making it hard to apply mascara to the innermost lashes and lower lash line.
- LITTLE TEENY CLUMPS EVERYWHERE. (Maybe I'm applying it too quickly...?)
- I'm not seeing the "brown" part of the "blackened brown" colour, but maybe that's just me.

So, I dunno. I'm not particularly a fan of Lash Potion, but it's better than some other mascaras I've tried. At least it's decent quality in that it stays on, doesn't smudge, and goes on fairly smoothly. It's just the brush that is plain old weird, and frankly is messing things up for me.

I'm going to try using my old Grow Luscious brush in the Lash Potion bottle and see if there are any improvements. Hopefully I can find the Grow Luscious mascara again, because I prefer one by a long shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Grapeyhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is either one you love or hate. If you love it, you have good days and bad days with it. It separates and lengthens lashes to the maximum. I have fairly long and full lashes, but this really makes them stand out. If you're not careful and you go too fast they will get extremely clumpy. But if you go slowly, they turn into these, like, crazy long falsey-like lashes. Just be patient with this mascara, the first week you have it, it's too wet to have great lashes(Y'all know what I'm saying right: Clump city). Overall this is my go to mascara for the time being.