September 20, 2014 | 967 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Potion by Grow Luscious

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by kandeanderson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mascara for over 4 months and honestly, I do think my lashes have gotten longer. I've used Latisse in the past and this stuff is pretty much doing the same thing. It will take several months of use, just like Latisse, but for under $10 I'm sold! I use it at least 3 times per week. The large brush is hard to get used to, but I really love it. When I first purchased it I was getting too much product on the brush and had some serious clumping issues, but now that it is a few months old it seems to have dried up a bit and goes on much nicer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bekahc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara because my nearest Target doesn't carry Revlon's Grow Luscious (the original, turquoise one), and I figured Lash Potion would be pretty close to the original. I bought the waterproof version in Blackened Brown.

Imma do some pros and cons because I'm already losing myself in these 'paragraph' whozy-whatsits.

PROS:
- Smooth, wettish formula that goes on quite nicely (until you get the clumps...).
- Separates lashes fairly well.
- Spiky, softish, feathery brush is better than a lot of, say, Covergirl's stubby, rubbery brushes.
- Very pigmented.
- Waterproof version does stay on all day without smudging.
- Pretty packaging (and cool name). (It's like...fairy mascara!)

CONS:
- Wet formula is kinda weird and hard to get used to at first. Also I think it may be the reason for the little itty bitty clumps.
- Spiky brush is awkward and boxy. And it doesn't narrow at the tip, making it hard to apply mascara to the innermost lashes and lower lash line.
- LITTLE TEENY CLUMPS EVERYWHERE. (Maybe I'm applying it too quickly...?)
- I'm not seeing the "brown" part of the "blackened brown" colour, but maybe that's just me.

So, I dunno. I'm not particularly a fan of Lash Potion, but it's better than some other mascaras I've tried. At least it's decent quality in that it stays on, doesn't smudge, and goes on fairly smoothly. It's just the brush that is plain old weird, and frankly is messing things up for me.

I'm going to try using my old Grow Luscious brush in the Lash Potion bottle and see if there are any improvements. Hopefully I can find the Grow Luscious mascara again, because I prefer one by a long shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Grapeyhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is either one you love or hate. If you love it, you have good days and bad days with it. It separates and lengthens lashes to the maximum. I have fairly long and full lashes, but this really makes them stand out. If you're not careful and you go too fast they will get extremely clumpy. But if you go slowly, they turn into these, like, crazy long falsey-like lashes. Just be patient with this mascara, the first week you have it, it's too wet to have great lashes(Y'all know what I'm saying right: Clump city). Overall this is my go to mascara for the time being.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBySantaAna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara is either you love it or hate it. I don't believe it really makes your lash grow as what the name claims. The packaging is pretty and the brush is pretty fluffy fat that it applies on my straight lashes quite well without clumping. It does hold the curl good but needs an eyelash primer if you want the curl to hold better. I didn't have any flakiness and clumping when using this. I have mixed feelings with this mascara, but I would move on to a different mascara to try since I've had better.

Here is the mascara I used on one of my makeup tutorials. Subscribe my channel and thanks for your support!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by rhin27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay mascara but it's too wet for my liking. It does the job and makes your lashes black, it gives you a bit of lenght and a bit of volume but not heaps of either. I found the brush quite hard to work with, which I was very surprised by as I always use big mascara wands but there was something different about this wand that I found difficult. The packaging is great though haha ;) Super pretty and colourful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by nigenasai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara has a wet formula. The brush is an average, thick brush (not rubber). This gives me a lengthened eyelash look , and a slight volumizing affect. This i would use for a natural look that only focuses on your lashes. It doesnt give a dramatic look at all, and its more just a "so-so" mascara. It did not make my lashes grow any longer naturally. This mascara holds a curl, NOT a "Straight up" lash look.
My lashes are naturally thick,full, and long.
My friend had with short, brittle, asian lashes. This mascara did not do much for her, and she didnt like it at all. It really only darkened her lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyChic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for nearly a week now and I love it. First of all, I bought this in waterproof in blackest black. I was looking for something to replace my L'oreal Miss Manga mascara (IMO it's terrible. I'll write a rant about that crap later.)

This mascara seperates my lashes and gives justenough length. I have long lashes but they're thin and nearly invisible without mascara. It doesn't make them crispy or clumpy or spidery (I hate spidery lashes.) And the packaging is so pretty.

I also love bigger brushes. The skinny thin ones always make a mess on my lids. I guess that's just my unsteady hand.

Overall, I love this mascara. I've been looking for a go to mascara after months of searching. But I don't like to stick with one thing too long. Too much to try :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ013

I really like this mascara. It's one of the only I've used that I will actually be repurchasing. The only bad thing I can think of is the brush is quite big and is kind of awkward to move around sometimes. But otherwise one of my favorite mascaras

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Tiffrox123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have stubby asian lashes and this product didn't do anything for me except made it look droopy, clumpy and felt really heavy on my eyes .. I have to say that this is not a mascara for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by kimoko123

I got this mascara as a gift from my friend. Before this I was using the Revlon Lash Blast waterproof mascara and anyone who used it knows it's the best mascara for curls. The first thing I notice is how awkward the wand is, it took me a while to coat my lashes without smudging it on my eye. It spiker and more wet and it doesn't do much for the curls but it does lengthen my lashes and I have very thin short asian lashes. Overall not a bad product but I'm not sure if I would repurchase it since there is better drugstore mascara.