April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Potion by Grow Luscious

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite drugstore mascara is Covergirl Lash Blast, but I was running low and figured I'd try something different. I genuinely wanted to love this stuff, but I just don't. I feel like it doesn't make my lashes appear fuller at all. It does add some length, but not enough, and I have pretty long lashes as is. It definitely clumps a lot and flakes off like freaking crazy! Will not be repurchasing unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lexibugg24

I love love love this mascara! One of my holy grail ones! It gives me long natural voluminous lashes!! So great and worth a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by christeeezy

So I'm one of those people that bought this product solely for the pretty packaging. Bad reason, I know. But I actually did end up liking this mascara a lot. I picked up the brownish-black one. I usually only stick with super black mascaras, but they only had that color in waterproof, which is the only type of mascara I stick with. My eyes have a tearing problem and I'm not trying to look like a panda. But I digress. This mascara worked well for me. It gives me long, fairly thick eyelashes. I love dramatic looking lashes from time to time. But on an everyday basis, you can never go wrong with long, natural-looking lashes, which is what this gives my eyes. Like I said, I use the waterproof one. It can keep up a curl and definitely does not run down my face. I've cried with this mascara and didn't look like I was crying black tears. The only downside is that it is fairly difficult to wash off. I've never had that problem with my other favorite mascara, which is the Maybelline falsies in waterproof. But I'll deal with it as I don't look like a panda at the end of the day. So for $5, pretty packaging, and the fact that it works well for me, I'd repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Aeroo

I love this mascara! Makes my lashes so long and no clumping :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Leasugar45

I love this mascara. I bought it after finishing a covergirl one and i must say it is better than covergirls. The packaging is to die for and it caught my eye at shoppers. I buy 4 since they were on sale. Unfortunately, the packaging scratches off by my nails so it is kinda ruined. This makes my lashes long and a little thick without the spidery look. I have the waterproof one and it stays 10hours approximately. The thing i hate about this mascara is that it doesnt give volume. Otherwise, it would get 5 lippies. So, if you want length, this is the mascara for you. If youre a volume gal, stay away from this. I found the formula ok, not too drying. Will repurchase if i dont find anything better by the time i finish my two last bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by caitlynsalmonson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow!! As part of my birthday present, I received some makeup, and this was one of the products. I curled my lashes and applied and what a difference. My eyelashes grow straight down, but are thick. This didn't clump at all. It gives INCREDIBLE length, and didn't flake. Plus, the packaging is so cute. My new favourite mascara!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I purely bought this for the cute packaging. Big mistake!
Pros:
cute packaging

Cons:
Very very dry
flakes like crazy
dysfunctional brush
Did not do anything for my lashes

Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by conigljt

Not a great deal of lash coverage or length

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE:
Ok, I have been using this daily for a couple weeks. At first I really liked this product. It went on very smoothly, and didn't clump. Really some of my top mascaras I have used for my long lashes.

As I have used the product though, the formula has seemed to change. Now it goes on clumpy and is really sticky. It doesn't coat nicely, and the brush is all clumped up. It seems like once the mascara was exposed to air, it has gotten much thicker and more sticky. Very frustrating, because there is a lot of product left.

I am on the fence about re-purchasing. It worked great, almost amazing when I first opened it. But now it's a hot mess. Typically I buy more high-end mascaras, so the price is nice on this. I would purchase it on sale, only because I know it is decent for the first couple of weeks. After that, it's dumpster worthy.

***************************
Original review:
I purchased this in the WATERPROOF version. (mainly because of the appealing packaging)

I have very long lashes, and just slightly downturned eyes.

This mascara brush works great for my slight down-turn. Typically I have a lot of trouble getting the outer corner lashes to coat evenly, but it was a breeze with this brush. I really like the brush, found it very comfortable and easy to use.

The formula doesn't build up very well, it starts to get a little clumpy. I only use one coat with my long lashes, and it leaves them soft and pliable, and nicely fanned out. It gives nice length and volume.
With a single coat, my long lashes look great. I would say it's more of a daytime look, because it just makes it look like I have fabulous lashes naturally.

The formula is very waterproof, and I haven't experienced any running or flaking throughout the day. (I have very dry skin, so if the skin around your eye is oily you might have different results)

Removing it is typical of any waterproof formula. Much easier to remove than Benefit's They're Real though.

Really happy I impulse bought this one, will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the WATERPROOF Revlon Lash Potion Mascara.

Pros:
+truly waterproof
+cute packaging

Cons:
-Horribly dry and flaky. It's a nightmare to take off the eyes. I know waterproof mascaras always are, but this one is seriously terrible. It takes me way too long to try and get every little flake off my eyelashes.
-Builds up unnaturally and flaky. It is not appealing at all.

The only factor that drew me in was the packaging. Now that I'd try it, I realize buying this was a mistake.
There are so many better drugstore mascaras, like Maybelline Colossal. I would NEVER repurchase this product.