Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious

3.1

on 3/25/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a drug store mascara to fill the gap in my cosmetics bag until I could restock my Chanel HG mascara. I picked this Revlon mascara up at Walgreen's for $8.99 plus tax (yikes!).

From the first use, it was obvious this was not a good quality product. The packaging is pretty, sure, but the mascara itself is horrible. Even when I wiped the excess off the wand with a tissue before applying, it still gave me clumpy, unpolished, Twiggy-looking lashes. Wear time wasn't great, either. It flaked off during the day and dropped little bits of dried up mascara into my eyes, causing irritation. When it came time to remove this mascara, it was a real struggle. It will wipe off everywhere but the ends of your lashes, and you wind up having to do this delicate wipe-pull motion, hoping you don't pull your lashes out because the mascara has clumped on the end of each lash, forming little hard, dried-up balls. Yuck, Oww and WTF?

I've had some pretty middling experiences with drug store cosmetics, but this was the pits! Horrible, horrible, horrible! Stay away!

on 3/17/2015 11:57:00 AM

I really love this mascara, after searching for something as an alternative to Blinc tubing mascara. I have oily eyelids and the worst problem with racoon eyes after even an hour or two. Waterproof mascara isn't even always the answer for me, as some can flake, but this stuff is amazing. It's worth the $9 I paid at the grocery store before I found it at Walmart for less than $5. I was really becoming disheartened after using different mascaras purchased at Sephora because everything wound up under my lower lids. This mascara almost doubles the volume of my lashes, and adds enough length that it's noticeable to me without being too glam for everyday wear. Products like Benefit's They're Real is too thick and heavy, and the brush clumps my lashes and after a few weeks of using that my lashes looked sparse. I feel that this light Revlon formula has allowed my lashes to grow in and not dry out or break off. I have no problem removing this product with L'Oreal or Sephora's oil-free makeup removers and a cotton pad. I know it's called Lash Potion and maybe claims to grow lashes, but I'm skeptical of claims like that. Only Latisse ever lived up to a claim like that for me. HOWEVER, after being someone who's spent more than $140 in the store buying HE mascaras I continue to be impresses by the volume, length, separation, and light feel of my lashes after using this for a month.

This is a very middle of the road product for me. I picked it up on sale at Target for about $5 (regular price was almost $8), so at regular price it's an average priced drugstore mascara. I absolutely love the packaging. It's so lovely and colourful and cosmic looking. I wanted to love it a lot more than I did because I was so in love with how it looked.
The brush is a traditional kind of bristle brush. It's a little big, but not enormous like some other ones I've encountered. Revlon promises " dramatic volume and clump-free length", and I don't believe it lives up to these claims. It makes my lashes look reasonably full, but I would definitely not say it's dramatic. For me it does a better job at length, but, again, it's not anything special. My lashes curl naturally, so I can't say whether or not it would hold a curl for more straight lashed people.
It does flake a little bit, and I find that when applying, you have to be careful with how much you put on, because it will start to look spidery.
When I put a couple of coats of this on, I can get a look that I am satisfied with, so I think I will continue to use this until it is gone, but I don't like it enough to repurchase it in the future.

This is one of the most clumpy and flakey mascaras I've ever used. It's fine for the first week or two, but after that - miserable. The best I can saw about it is that the waterproof version doesn't smear. I threw my tube away half-full.

on 3/5/2015 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The formula for Lash Potion mascara is pretty good if you prefer volume over length; there's lots of volume, hardly any clumps, and rich colour. I also like the design of the brush - the bristles were longer on one half of the standard shape brush, which was great for fanning out my lashes [I used the shorter bristles on my lower lashes].

I average at 12 hours wear per day and the mascara has never flaked or smudged on me, yet it is easy to remove.

On the minus side; I didn't like the minimal lash lengthening, and that this mascara can't hold any curl.Also there is the fact that this mascara was designed around the gimmick of containing lash growing serum, but I have failed to notice any difference in the appearance to my natural lashes after repeated of this mascara - no growth, no improvement in condition etc.

There's not else much to say for Lash Potion - it's not a bad mascara by any means, it's just not one that stood out for me. I don't feel as though I can recommend this product to anybody at the end of the day, as there are many mascaras at this price point that perform better in my opinion.

on 2/13/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely ADORE this mascara! 10/10 HG for sure! I bought this a while ago and honestly haven't been able to use any other mascara since. It makes my lashes look very thick, long, and wispy- just the way I like it! I can't stand those mascaras that give you spidery sticky lashes and this one does just the opposite. yes it does tend to flake a bit but it's nothing compared to how great it works, oh and the lasting power is fabulous on me (I have oily lids, too). The regular version which I have comes off easily with makeup remover and doesn't destroy your lashes as you attempt to remove it unlike some other brands I've tried. I'm confused by any of these negative reviews because you will be only doing yourself a favor by buying this stuff!

on 2/10/2015 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite mascara du jour. My lashes are light on the ends and I need mostly length but also volume. I was using "they're real" by Benefit but hated the texture. Whether or not this makes your lashes grow is up in the air but I will say they are softer and feel longer. Zero clumping and excellent brush. Doesn't come off too easily. I have the waterproof but haven't tried yet, but the regular is a great item.

on 2/1/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just recently opened my second tube of Lash Potion and seriously its been my go to since May 2014! I love everything about it but the brush.The brush is good for seperating and getting every lash however I wish it was a little smaller to reduce clumps at the tips but the formula is one of my favs so im willing to work around that. Also I usually prefer wet mascara formulas but this one isnt as wet but I love it ! This is great for nice length and volume so its a nice everyday mascara.

on 2/1/2015 4:31:00 AM

This was given to me as a gift and i have really been enjoying it!

I went to this mascara after my Diorshow mascara and was pleasantly suprised to see that the Lashpotion, which retails at less than half of Diorshow, was INCREDIBLE! Without a doubt the best volumising and lengthening drugstore mascara I have ever used. I'm unsure if there's fibres or exactly what it is in this product that manages to make my lashes so darn long and thick but whatever it is, i like it!

I'm a bit of a Diva.
Okay, I lied.
I should have just said loud and proud: I AM A DIVA!
You'll never catch me out of the house without makeup and styled hair, so, it shouldn't be a shock when I tell you I like thick, black, perfectly long lashes all day, every day (NOT spider lashes. I've never been on a make under show like Snog, Marry, Avoid and I don't plan to. I know my limits!) but i do own Cover girl Clump Crusher and this works perfectly to separate my lashes after applying an adequate amount of lash potion.

I first apply about 2 coats of lash potion from the base of my lashes to the tips. Before the mascara dries, I use Clump Crusher to separate my lashes. If i want a really full on falsies effect, I'll wait for the mascara to dry and then apply lash potion to the very ends until i get a length I'm happy with and again, I'll use Clump crusher to keep everything seperate and natural-ish looking.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this given to me as a gift. I cant quite decide if I like it yet. I does make your eyelashes look absolutely stunning! - but, and there is a few buts. Its very clumpy, a messy lash brush, I don't know if it is me being messy myself but I always end up with it everywhere ! and it is hard to get off your skin. It takes a while for you to get your lashes looking luscious, but when you get there they do look good ! The packaging is fab! - eye candy make up again ! I am one to pick make up when it comes to the packaging! When it comes to taking your make up off at night, this mascara comes off really easily! Although I do like this product, unfortunately I would not go out of my way to get it again, but as I have it, I do use it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials