April 20, 2014 | 1344 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Mascara Shadow Shield

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a mascara shield its not all that for me..but as a glitter fall out/dark shadow shield put under my eye when Applying risky shades it is the best thing you could have to keep color on your lids without getting it all over your face when using loose eye shadow powders or sparkly eye shadows. And for the price you can definitely afford to add this to your makeup kit without breaking your bank account. Great tool, would def recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by DoctorMondo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this to help with applying mascara to upper lashes. My eyes are hooded so I'm forever getting mascara on the lid. The shield is too flimsy for using on the upper, but good for the lower lashes or preventing shadow fallout. Oh well

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok when I remember to use this it works great. I use when I wear sparkly shadow to minimize the fallout landing on my cheekbones etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whomever was the brainchild of E.L.F.'s Mascara Shadow Shield should be the recipient of an award. How many of us have gone through countless q-tips as we clean up our under-eye area of mascara drops and eye shadow that has filtered down? Well, no more will you have to do that. You have just saved yourself the money and time for all of those with this shield. It's easy to use, it's washable with each use and it's inexpensive. What more could you ask?
You place the Shield underneath your bottom lashes and apply however many coats of mascara you want against it. No mascara hits your skin but it goes expertly on your lashes. The pay-off? No clean-up. No swabbing underneath your eyes.
Turn it sideways against your upper lid and apply your mascara again for as many coats as you'd like and none of it hits your lid. No swabbing again. The klutziest of them all can use this with beautiful results.
It's washable. It's made of a thick silicone that bends easily on a wand. It cost only three dollars. If something happened to it, I'd purchase it again, without a doubt. I'm one of those people that cannot apply mascara to my bottom lashes without also having raccoon eyes. My clean-up must involve at least 4 q-tips per eye. I just can't do it. I never could. I've used all kinds of wands, even Clinique's little baby wand for the bottom lashes and that didn't do it for me. But this Shadow Shield works, and made me a happy person.
What made me the happiest was being able to apply multiple coats to my bottom lashes without the bother of clean-up. For those of you that know what I'm talking about, you eventually say to yourself, I'm done putting enough mascara on because you don't want to clean up anymore. Now you don't have to think about it, just use this Shield and put on as much mascara as you want to make your lashes as full and luxurious as you want without the bother.
It really does work. Thanks E.L.F.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No