Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 107

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was trying to find a dupe for NARS Lip Pencil in 'Cruella'-- I did some research, and read that Revlon ColorBurst Matte Lip Balm in 'Standout' was a good alternative to 'Cruella'.
However, when I went to my local Target, I found that the Revlon cost $8, and I only had about $6 on me.
I looked around at the other makeup displays before arriving at the Rimmel section. I have never tried a lip product from Rimmel, but because the lipsticks only cost $5.49 I thought I would look for a color similar to 'Cruella'. Hastily, I picked up #107, a matte dark red that looked similar to 'Cruella'.
When I got home, I tried on the lipstick. At first I noticed that the lipstick smelled exactly like a watermelon Jolly Rancher. I don't mind the scent, because it's not unpleasant and it's fairly light.
I loved the color: a matte, highly pigmented, velvet-y red. It reminded me a lot of 'Cruella', and when I swatched them they did appear similar.
The color is flattering to my skin tone (pale), and makes even my slightly yellow teeth (too much coffee) look much brighter.
All in all, a good, inexpensive alternative to NARS 'Cruella' Lip Pencil.

on 7/22/2015 4:16:00 PM

I bought this lipstick on a whim trying to find the perfect berry-wine shade as these kinds of reds suit me the best. I'm so glad I did because it's become my ultimate HG lipstick and I will buy it forever. It has a perfect light berry colour if you dab it onto the lips and this is easily buildable to a dark wine, which I love and makes it versatile for all year round. The consistency is creamy to put on, but personally for me it doesn't dry my lips out, and even if it did, I wouldn't mind since I love it so much and it is a matte shade after all! The smell also doesn't bother me too much, you can't smell it when it's on your lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has a lovely colour, though I expected it to be darker and more berry toned. On me, it is definitely more of a dark red with a *hint* of berry. This has a sweet scent of watermelon? I dont hate it, it's quite nice actually. However it is quite drying on the lips, although not initially and after you finish wearing it my lips feel really dried out even if I wore lipbalm underneath. Although this claims to be matte is does not feel like it will stay put on the lips and will slip around and get on my teeth. If you eat, this will definitely come off (very unevenly).
I do LOOOOVE the colour but before of the formula I will probably not repurchase- if i was more moisturising or more matte/long wearing instead of being the weird hybrid that it seems to be (for me), then I might repurchase it.

on 7/13/2015 7:56:00 AM

This is probably my fav lippy ever!! I have about 40-50 (lipsticks are my obsession). The color is divine and I'm yet to see something the same in any other brand. After trying many high end lipsticks, this is still my FAV formulation. It's matte texture is beautiful, but suprising not drying on the lips. This will stay on ALL day. Once had it on for 14hrs and it looked the exact same all day. So many compliments on this lipstick. Be careful when applying as it is so pigmented if you make a mistake it will stain the outside of your lip line. I'm yet to find a make up remover that will completely remove this color as it is so pigmented. I'm so suprised that a drugstore brand is of this quality. I find Mac matte lipsticks beautiful, but drying and harsh on the lips. This isn't, thanks to this lipstick I know have this product in every shade. BUY THIS!

on 6/17/2015 9:47:00 AM

One of my favourite lipsticks of all time. It's a deep, gorgeous, blue toned red that I would describe as vampy but not dark enough to look out of the ordinary. I wear this mostly in the autumn/winter but I had be been known to throw it on in the height of summer if the mid takes me. It's a matte finish but not by any means drying, and it lasts very well. The texture is lovely and doesn't drag on application, and it has a slight scent in the tube that doesn't liner on the lips. I'm pretty much coveting this lipstick since I switched to cruelty free makeup. I don't think Rimmel is cruelty free, so even though I love it, it is with a heavy heart that I say I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/8/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Really really love this lipstick!
Wearing it right now:

Full Size Image

The smell of it really surprised me :) most of the lipsticks i bought smell chemical, but this one smells really nice!
The color is very nice and warm.
The only thing that bothers me is the time it lasts. After 2 hours, the only place it lasted was the outer edge of my lips.

on 5/21/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love these lipsticks. Really. I have them in five or six shades, so...yeah. Sadly, this one did not work well for me. I bought it, loved the bold color, loved the feel, loved the wear, and loved how amazing I felt in it. But. I was in the salon one day and happened to catch a glimpse of myself in one of the gazillion mirrors there and realized, to my horror, that it made my teeth look...gray. I assure you my teeth are NOT gray! But when I saw it, I asked a couple of the women who were nearby. Two didn't really want to answer, but one immediately said, "You're right." She answered so quickly I knew it was true. Sigh. I have no idea what it is about this color that doesn't work, but obviously, it doesn't. Fortunately, I have a friend who absolutely rocks the color so I can pass it along to her.

All that said, if you can wear this beautiful color, please do try it. I think these lippies are the hidden treasure of the drugstore. The packaging looks fine, the scent is not overwhelming, and they feel nice on. And the colors! Oh, I love the colors. Just, tragically, not this one.

on 4/13/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this lipstick. I pair it with my Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Plush Plum for a vampy look. It's a very deep red on its own, without the plum liner. The color payoff is excellent. Not too drying, I wouldn't say its completely matte. It does transfer when you eat, drink, kiss; so you will have to reapply afterwards. Target and CVS sell them for about $5-$6, so not too bad for drugstore makeup.

Would recommend and repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING COLOR. Haha. It's great and soft. Long lasting too.

on 3/27/2015 9:27:00 AM

Bought this shade because everytime somebody wore it I absolutely adored it and I had to try it myself. The color leans more berry than red on me and it's also on the darker spectrum. It's not so dark it's vampy but it means it less bright and more mature. I would say it's not completely matte it has some shine. The texture glides so well for a matte lipstick it feels very velvety. But as much as I like the texture when applying I feel like it doesn't last as long as a result. This is not transfer proof and it does wear off like a regular lipstick when I eat. This is why I've knocked off a star because for such a bold lip color it's a bit risky to wear since it does move and transfer. Other than that great price and amazing universal color

Popular Lipsticks