Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 107

4.4

on 6/17/2015 9:47:00 AM

One of my favourite lipsticks of all time. It's a deep, gorgeous, blue toned red that I would describe as vampy but not dark enough to look out of the ordinary. I wear this mostly in the autumn/winter but I had be been known to throw it on in the height of summer if the mid takes me. It's a matte finish but not by any means drying, and it lasts very well. The texture is lovely and doesn't drag on application, and it has a slight scent in the tube that doesn't liner on the lips. I'm pretty much coveting this lipstick since I switched to cruelty free makeup. I don't think Rimmel is cruelty free, so even though I love it, it is with a heavy heart that I say I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/8/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Really really love this lipstick!
Wearing it right now:

Full Size Image

The smell of it really surprised me :) most of the lipsticks i bought smell chemical, but this one smells really nice!
The color is very nice and warm.
The only thing that bothers me is the time it lasts. After 2 hours, the only place it lasted was the outer edge of my lips.

on 5/21/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love these lipsticks. Really. I have them in five or six shades, so...yeah. Sadly, this one did not work well for me. I bought it, loved the bold color, loved the feel, loved the wear, and loved how amazing I felt in it. But. I was in the salon one day and happened to catch a glimpse of myself in one of the gazillion mirrors there and realized, to my horror, that it made my teeth look...gray. I assure you my teeth are NOT gray! But when I saw it, I asked a couple of the women who were nearby. Two didn't really want to answer, but one immediately said, "You're right." She answered so quickly I knew it was true. Sigh. I have no idea what it is about this color that doesn't work, but obviously, it doesn't. Fortunately, I have a friend who absolutely rocks the color so I can pass it along to her.

All that said, if you can wear this beautiful color, please do try it. I think these lippies are the hidden treasure of the drugstore. The packaging looks fine, the scent is not overwhelming, and they feel nice on. And the colors! Oh, I love the colors. Just, tragically, not this one.

on 4/13/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this lipstick. I pair it with my Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Plush Plum for a vampy look. It's a very deep red on its own, without the plum liner. The color payoff is excellent. Not too drying, I wouldn't say its completely matte. It does transfer when you eat, drink, kiss; so you will have to reapply afterwards. Target and CVS sell them for about $5-$6, so not too bad for drugstore makeup.

Would recommend and repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING COLOR. Haha. It's great and soft. Long lasting too.

on 3/27/2015 9:27:00 AM

Bought this shade because everytime somebody wore it I absolutely adored it and I had to try it myself. The color leans more berry than red on me and it's also on the darker spectrum. It's not so dark it's vampy but it means it less bright and more mature. I would say it's not completely matte it has some shine. The texture glides so well for a matte lipstick it feels very velvety. But as much as I like the texture when applying I feel like it doesn't last as long as a result. This is not transfer proof and it does wear off like a regular lipstick when I eat. This is why I've knocked off a star because for such a bold lip color it's a bit risky to wear since it does move and transfer. Other than that great price and amazing universal color

on 11/30/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product review is swayed by the recent release of Maybelline's ColorSensational Matte lipsticks. I loved this color until I tried those, and then I didn't really reach for this one again!

This is a good, long-wearing matte and very comparable to divine wine of the ColorSensationals Mattes. HOWEVER, this wears like a matte shade- drying out your lips hardcore.

Maybelline's CSM lipsticks don't do that, so I am now less in love with the Kate Moss formulation. However, this lipstick is not bad and if it's on sale and the Maybelline isn't, you're not losing a ton buying the Kate Moss. They're same same pigmentation-wise but the Maybelline's are just so damn CREAMY.

Overall great color, great matte staying power, just a little drying.

on 11/28/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

'107' is a gorgeous deep wine colour that is a must have if you're into vampy shades, or want to try something a little more sophisticated. It has a very smooth consistency and doesn't drag on the lips like some matte lip products can, and is extremely pigmented. Being a matte lipstick I thought these would lean towards the drier side, but it's surprisingly comfortable to wear and has great longevity! I also want to mention that the finish isn't completely matte because there is a slight sheen to this, so bare that in mind. The scent is very fruity, similar to the original Kate Moss lipsticks in the black tubes.

on 11/11/2014 1:24:00 AM

This lipstick is great, I had always heard great things about the Kate Moss lipsticks, but only just got around to trying them. This shade is beautiful, especially during this time of year when you want a darker, more vampy looking colour. It is not particularly moisturizing, but glides on easily, is very pigmented and looks fantastic. Also, it stays on easily for long periods of time. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone!

on 11/8/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've seen all the buzz about the Kate Moss lipsticks and I've always wanted this shade but it's always sold out at Walgreens lol , but I went to ulta yesterday and they had it :)!!! I love it already perfect matte berry color . Finally laid my hands on this baby👌