September 18, 2014 | 1406 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Matte Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 107

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Just bought this for $4.99 at Target after more than a week of waiting to see when Target would restock it. I simply adore this shade! At first i thought it went on lighter than i'd like when i swatched it weeks earlier, but after putting it on, i was pleased to see that it was such a rich, cherry-berry red, on the vampy side. It's a lovely shade that, if you're a red lipstick fiend, you simply must have in your collection. It surprisingly compliments my light brown skin with yellow undertones.

This matte lipstick goes on incredibly smoothly on the lips. It has a very satiny finish that doesn't dry the lips out too much and gives it a very nice, seamless matte look. Sometimes i forget i have it on. The lipstick itself smells pleasantly of a sort of cherry or fruity smell, although it doesn't smell nearly as much, once on the lips. I would HIGHLY recommend this line of lipstick if you're looking for lovely matte liptsicks that won't cost you an arm and a leg, just as i recommend this color. I think it honestly looks good on all shades of skin and it is the perfect red lipstick for Fall and the holidays.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

Love this lipstick! Perfect for cool skin girls - I would imagine from fair to dark but the berry colour with cool undertones just makes my fair-ish (NC20-25) cool skin glow and blue eyes POP. It is matte but not dry matte at all and has a slight silkiness/moisture to it which for me is great as I can tend to get dry lips. It is one of my top 3 lipsticks for sure. Packaging is good, price is on point, can't ask for anything more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Mandalaine

I purchased this on a whim and never looked back! This is the best shade ever! I was worried it was a bit too dark but its a really lovely shade of plum/wine/berry. It contrasts so beautifully with my fair skin and I get compliments on it all the time. Its my everyday wear with one coat and my go to sexy night look with a heavier hand. Its really convenient to only carry one tube with me. It does last about 6 hours on average, but tends to stain to a really nice raspberry colour as it fades so its not a big deal. I would add a balm under this as it tends to dry, I do this any way as part of my routine so its not a worry. Its a bit vampy but not too goth looking. It does have a scent sort of a fruity rose but its not too sweet I love the scent but some may not. Buy this!! 6$ full price but its an even bigger win when its on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shade of lipstick ever. This color make me feel so sexy. Even more sexy than a perfect red. Of coarse that is a personals preference. Oh wow is this beautiful. I had such a hard time finding this one in my area, I guess everyone else likes it as well. I luckily found one left that hadn't been opened in store a swiped across some strangers hands.
Color: beautiful deep red/ berry/ plum. Perfect balance of the three.
Smell: I love the smell of this, to me it smells like the rimmel show off lip lacquers. Slightly sweet.
The feel; upon application these feel velvety smooth. They add no moisture, but are not uncomfortable to wear all day. Just have you a good balm underneath and carry with just incase.
Wear: I get a good 4+ hrs of wear

All in all this, out of all the shades I own this is.my favorite. Although my fav. Formula is wet n wild mega last matte. This is the most beautiful color. Every time I go out I look to see if there are any on the shelves I think I have seen one. Next time I may pick it up just to make sure I will always have this color I hand

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Sej1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time with red lipsticks since my skin tone is pretty uneven, and my complexion is cool caramel brown (I'm in the mid to high NC 40s)...I only recently got ruby woo and diva and thought those were the only reds that looked decent on me until I tried this one. I'd heard about this lipstick but was very skeptical until I just decided to go for it since it was pretty cheap and I'm so glad I did! It's a beautiful deep red, almost a bit plummy and definitely not matte to me--but I don't mind. I figure not all mattes will feel like MAC's? Anyway, I highly recommend to everyone, especially my fellow WOC.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this shade over ASOS as my country does not carry Rimmel's makeup line. Hence, with shipping prices, it was around $12.95.

I could not resist buying this as it was a deep berry red with cool undertones, which suited me perfectly. Since it is a matte lipstick, I had to put lip balm over before applying this on my lips.

+ve points:
(i) very long lasting, even after eating, I didn't see the need to reapply. Colour may be slightly gone, but there was a deep stain in it. I could only remove it with a waterproof makeup remover.

(ii) True to colour, I guess it speaks for itself already.
(iii) Cute packaging! Very sleek, with Kate's signature imprinted on the cap. Very cool.
(iv) It had a very nice scent. Bonus point.

-ve:
(i) Left my lips drying and chapped after 5 hours despite applying the lipbalm beforehand. But it's quite common among all matte lipsticks. '

It'll be good to apply this colour with a lipbrush for precise application.
Overall, great product. Tried so many red lippies but this was the BEST. A good investment, I would not hesitate to buy this again even if it means I have to pay for extra shipping fees.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited when I finally got this lipstick because it seem to come up on every forum beauty blog etc that I looked on and the swatches looked gorgeous, I was expecting a deep red from how it wore in pictures I'd seen but on me it comes up deep pink :/ still nice just not what I was looking for. I paid 3.99 for this in boots on offer and at full price it still isn't that expensive I've heard such good things about the rimmel Kate range I think I'll have to look at other shades, the tubes are really cute to simple yet sleek. I can't comment on how long wearing this is because my mum now owns it lol the application was good though when I tried it out no pulling on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This product easily gets full marks, it is up there with my MAC lipsticks and is even better than some of them in terms of staying power. Lovely vampy colour, perfect for autumn, winter and nights out!I was really pleasantly surprised by this lipstick, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a little bit unsure when I bought this shade because it is very dark and I'm very pale! This colour is a raspberry cool toned deep red. Honestly, I would have never thought a shade like this would look good but so many positive reviews from my fellow pale-skinned ladies convinced me to try it out. When I first put it on I thought I looked ridiculous, but after I let it sit for a while and looked again I loved it! This is truly a sexy vampy pouty shade. It's bold, but not overly so. The colour is fantastic! The only complaints I have about this lipstick are the smell, the finish and the feel. The smell is very fruity and strong. It's not a deal breaker, but I really wish the scent was more subtle. Also, this is supposed to be a matte lipstick but on my lips it looks like it's got a bit of shine to it. I expect a matte lipstick to actually be matte like ruby woo or honey love. I love mattes so just a little less shine would be ideal! And the feel is a bit weird; it's like the lipstick doesn't actually sink into your lips and just sits on top waiting to bleed and smudge. I just wish the lipstick felt a little more there instead of just sitting on the surface. Overall, killer colour for just a few cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the ultimate lipstick. Such a rich, deep not-quite-berry-not-quite-plum shade and a flawlessly matte finish. It's one of the few lipsticks I've ever used that looks on me exactly as it does on the promo. It has such a "wow" factor, and despite being quite a dark shade it looks great on my fair skin.

I'm not a fan of Rimmel at all (I like their, now discontinued, Sexy Curves mascara, that's about it) and I'm even less of a fan of Kate Moss, so I hadn't noticed it around. My hairdresser was wearing it and I fell in love with it on sight and asked her what it was. She couldn't remember so she rummaged through her bag to find out. The second I was out of the salon I went to buy it.

The staying powder is excellent, I would expect that of a matte product anyway, but I wore it all around London on a very hot summer's day and it survived endless bottled water and moisture and sweat. I apply it, blot, powder, reapply for all day longevity.

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" A Thousand Times YES!