Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 107

4.4

on 4/13/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this lipstick. I pair it with my Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Plush Plum for a vampy look. It's a very deep red on its own, without the plum liner. The color payoff is excellent. Not too drying, I wouldn't say its completely matte. It does transfer when you eat, drink, kiss; so you will have to reapply afterwards. Target and CVS sell them for about $5-$6, so not too bad for drugstore makeup.

Would recommend and repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING COLOR. Haha. It's great and soft. Long lasting too.

on 3/27/2015 9:27:00 AM

Bought this shade because everytime somebody wore it I absolutely adored it and I had to try it myself. The color leans more berry than red on me and it's also on the darker spectrum. It's not so dark it's vampy but it means it less bright and more mature. I would say it's not completely matte it has some shine. The texture glides so well for a matte lipstick it feels very velvety. But as much as I like the texture when applying I feel like it doesn't last as long as a result. This is not transfer proof and it does wear off like a regular lipstick when I eat. This is why I've knocked off a star because for such a bold lip color it's a bit risky to wear since it does move and transfer. Other than that great price and amazing universal color

on 1/13/2015 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i spent all of this autumn -- the ideal season for dark, vampy lip colors -- searching high and low for a lipstick that filled the following qualifications: it had to be 1) cheap (no more than $10 per tube), 2) matte, but not especially drying, 3) long-lasting, at least four hours minimum, and 4) a shade somewhere between eggplant and burgundy, ideally leaning towards eggplant. in the process, i found a lot of great dark reds, and a lot of great eggplants, but this is the lipstick that i put on and immediately knew was The One. beautiful color, beautiful payoff, lasts a good long while no matter what you're doing and makes me look and feel like a powerful and dangerous being. highly recommended.

on 11/30/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product review is swayed by the recent release of Maybelline's ColorSensational Matte lipsticks. I loved this color until I tried those, and then I didn't really reach for this one again!

This is a good, long-wearing matte and very comparable to divine wine of the ColorSensationals Mattes. HOWEVER, this wears like a matte shade- drying out your lips hardcore.

Maybelline's CSM lipsticks don't do that, so I am now less in love with the Kate Moss formulation. However, this lipstick is not bad and if it's on sale and the Maybelline isn't, you're not losing a ton buying the Kate Moss. They're same same pigmentation-wise but the Maybelline's are just so damn CREAMY.

Overall great color, great matte staying power, just a little drying.

on 11/28/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

'107' is a gorgeous deep wine colour that is a must have if you're into vampy shades, or want to try something a little more sophisticated. It has a very smooth consistency and doesn't drag on the lips like some matte lip products can, and is extremely pigmented. Being a matte lipstick I thought these would lean towards the drier side, but it's surprisingly comfortable to wear and has great longevity! I also want to mention that the finish isn't completely matte because there is a slight sheen to this, so bare that in mind. The scent is very fruity, similar to the original Kate Moss lipsticks in the black tubes.

on 11/11/2014 1:24:00 AM

This lipstick is great, I had always heard great things about the Kate Moss lipsticks, but only just got around to trying them. This shade is beautiful, especially during this time of year when you want a darker, more vampy looking colour. It is not particularly moisturizing, but glides on easily, is very pigmented and looks fantastic. Also, it stays on easily for long periods of time. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone!

on 11/8/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've seen all the buzz about the Kate Moss lipsticks and I've always wanted this shade but it's always sold out at Walgreens lol , but I went to ulta yesterday and they had it :)!!! I love it already perfect matte berry color . Finally laid my hands on this baby👌

on 10/29/2014 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think I'm speaking for a lot of ladies when I say that this was my favourite lipstick for a long time. It's a deep raspberry-plum-red that's just so vampy and autumnal! Accordingly, I don't know why I'm feeling so ambivalent about 107 this season.

This formula isn't excessively drying--but, as with all mattes, you'll want to exfoliate and wear lip balm underneath this colour, and you should let the lip balm set for ten minutes, so that it doesn't cause 107 to slip around on your lips. It lasts for around 4-5 hours, and it fades evenly to a nice raspberry stain after that time. You can build this colour up to a dramatic dark sexpot colour, or you can tone it down to a stain for daytime wear.

The Lasting Finish Matte lipsticks have a powdery melon fragrance about them, but you won't notice it on. The packaging for this product is similarly inoffensive and more-or-less sturdy.

Would repurchase and recommend, despite my aforementioned ambivalence. Am I growing up and growing tired of tumblr-goth-y matte lippies, or something?

on 10/11/2014 7:58:00 AM

The perfect shade for a slightly vampy, edgy look (totally up my alley). Applies smoothly without drag even though its is matte (favourite finish as it doesn't transfer as easily). Note: It may be a good idea to moisturise the lips before application as it is slightly drying. Price is great and the packaging is decent for a pharmacy brand. Highly recommended.

Popular Lipsticks