December 22, 2014 | 1590 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 107

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by merullo23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product review is swayed by the recent release of Maybelline's ColorSensational Matte lipsticks. I loved this color until I tried those, and then I didn't really reach for this one again!

This is a good, long-wearing matte and very comparable to divine wine of the ColorSensationals Mattes. HOWEVER, this wears like a matte shade- drying out your lips hardcore.

Maybelline's CSM lipsticks don't do that, so I am now less in love with the Kate Moss formulation. However, this lipstick is not bad and if it's on sale and the Maybelline isn't, you're not losing a ton buying the Kate Moss. They're same same pigmentation-wise but the Maybelline's are just so damn CREAMY.

Overall great color, great matte staying power, just a little drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

'107' is a gorgeous deep wine colour that is a must have if you're into vampy shades, or want to try something a little more sophisticated. It has a very smooth consistency and doesn't drag on the lips like some matte lip products can, and is extremely pigmented. Being a matte lipstick I thought these would lean towards the drier side, but it's surprisingly comfortable to wear and has great longevity! I also want to mention that the finish isn't completely matte because there is a slight sheen to this, so bare that in mind. The scent is very fruity, similar to the original Kate Moss lipsticks in the black tubes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jessalynwhite

This lipstick is great, I had always heard great things about the Kate Moss lipsticks, but only just got around to trying them. This shade is beautiful, especially during this time of year when you want a darker, more vampy looking colour. It is not particularly moisturizing, but glides on easily, is very pigmented and looks fantastic. Also, it stays on easily for long periods of time. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jayyyy725

I've seen all the buzz about the Kate Moss lipsticks and I've always wanted this shade but it's always sold out at Walgreens lol , but I went to ulta yesterday and they had it :)!!! I love it already perfect matte berry color . Finally laid my hands on this baby👌

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ladylazarus

I think I'm speaking for a lot of ladies when I say that this was my favourite lipstick for a long time. It's a deep raspberry-plum-red that's just so vampy and autumnal! Accordingly, I don't know why I'm feeling so ambivalent about 107 this season.

This formula isn't excessively drying--but, as with all mattes, you'll want to exfoliate and wear lip balm underneath this colour, and you should let the lip balm set for ten minutes, so that it doesn't cause 107 to slip around on your lips. It lasts for around 4-5 hours, and it fades evenly to a nice raspberry stain after that time. You can build this colour up to a dramatic dark sexpot colour, or you can tone it down to a stain for daytime wear.

The Lasting Finish Matte lipsticks have a powdery melon fragrance about them, but you won't notice it on. The packaging for this product is similarly inoffensive and more-or-less sturdy.

Would repurchase and recommend, despite my aforementioned ambivalence. Am I growing up and growing tired of tumblr-goth-y matte lippies, or something?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by uxi

The perfect shade for a slightly vampy, edgy look (totally up my alley). Applies smoothly without drag even though its is matte (favourite finish as it doesn't transfer as easily). Note: It may be a good idea to moisturise the lips before application as it is slightly drying. Price is great and the packaging is decent for a pharmacy brand. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Kate Moss no.107 : dark raspberry matte formula on my lips. I wore this particular shade to Coachella Fest 2014 and it stayed on almost through out the dry heat. Very unconventional for a festival shade; but i was feeling very different and needed something "oomphy" to compliment my all black get up. ( no hippie-chic, no flower crowns)

I can never go wrong with the Rimmel Kate Moss line. Cheaper than most drugstore lipsticks ( Milani is on par) shade/colour collection is pretty vast and most shades have the MLBB. The Matte texture is my favorite feature. It glides on and "hugs" my lips. I particularly love wear-off period. It leaves a nice raspberry stain afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by shaylapurple16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this lipstick from Walmart online after not being able to find a nice, dark, drugstore lipstick locally for fall. I felt like I was so late in buying it, judging from the online hype from about a year ago, mainly from the YouTube beauty vlogger Zoella. The reviews were all positive, and because the price was so good I decided to go ahead and try it, and I loved it! I always wear a lip balm under lipsticks (just a lipsmackers lip balm, lol), so it wasn't overly drying, even though it is matte. It lasted the whole day without reapplying or touching up, and didn't look flaky or dry. The color is only a tiny bit lighter on the lips than it is in the tube, but it didn't make a huge difference for me. It smells really nice, like berries, and the packaging is very cute :) I'm quite happy with this lipstick, especially for the quality you get for the low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rimmel Kate Moss 107 was an impulse buy of mine about a week ago, after I did a bit of Internet searching to find a great dark fall lipstick. I wore it all last week for 8+ hours a day.

I'd heard nothing but good things about this lipstick, and after wearing it nonstop for 7 days, I can say that it lives up to the hype. The color is a gorgeous dark burgundy red, perfect for fall. The formula is pretty good. It's a matte lipstick, so I expected it to be a bit on the dry side. I found that this was drier without being too drying. (If you have very dry lips naturally, like I do, of course don't forget to exfoliate and moisturize before applying.)

The benefit of the drier formula is that this lipstick is going to stay in place, and does it ever. I barely needed to touch up after a meal, and otherwise it lasts all day beautifully.

The packaging is also way too cute, I have to admit. I love the red and black tube with the signature.

I think I paid about $6 for the lipstick, which was a great price point for such a lovely addition to my collection. I know this will be a handbag staple for me this fall and winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by definitelyaroad

I love the packaging of this line of lipsticks. It just looks pretty and classy, and I'll be honest, I gravitate towards Rimmel's lipsticks in Superdrug or Boots over Maybelline or Revlon because they look gorgeous! I'm such a shallow person, ahaha.

The colour itself is really nice - it's a plummy, cool deep red, and I like it with a simple, mostly nude eye look, because it's such a focus-pulling colour. By reference, I'm a very yellowy NC25-NC30. It's supposed to be a matte lipstick, but I'd say it's mostly a demi-matte finish. It lasted more than three hours on me without fading away too much, but by the 4+ hour it started to settle a bit into my lip lines, thus emphasising them. The colour itself was still quite strong on my lips though, and in the meantime I'd drank a glass of tea and also some water straight from the bottle.

You can't really go wrong with a lipstick from Rimmel's Kate Moss line - I don't really care much about Kate Moss, but one of these is around 5 and Rimmel is often buy one get one half price, so yeah.

I took off one lippie because the lipstick came with a slightly faulty twist-up thingy.