September 1, 2014 | 2070 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Matte Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 107

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Mandalaine

I purchased this on a whim and never looked back! This is the best shade ever! I was worried it was a bit too dark but its a really lovely shade of plum/wine/berry. It contrasts so beautifully with my fair skin and I get compliments on it all the time. Its my everyday wear with one coat and my go to sexy night look with a heavier hand. Its really convenient to only carry one tube with me. It does last about 6 hours on average, but tends to stain to a really nice raspberry colour as it fades so its not a big deal. I would add a balm under this as it tends to dry, I do this any way as part of my routine so its not a worry. Its a bit vampy but not too goth looking. It does have a scent sort of a fruity rose but its not too sweet I love the scent but some may not. Buy this!! 6$ full price but its an even bigger win when its on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shade of lipstick ever. This color make me feel so sexy. Even more sexy than a perfect red. Of coarse that is a personals preference. Oh wow is this beautiful. I had such a hard time finding this one in my area, I guess everyone else likes it as well. I luckily found one left that hadn't been opened in store a swiped across some strangers hands.
Color: beautiful deep red/ berry/ plum. Perfect balance of the three.
Smell: I love the smell of this, to me it smells like the rimmel show off lip lacquers. Slightly sweet.
The feel; upon application these feel velvety smooth. They add no moisture, but are not uncomfortable to wear all day. Just have you a good balm underneath and carry with just incase.
Wear: I get a good 4+ hrs of wear

All in all this, out of all the shades I own this is.my favorite. Although my fav. Formula is wet n wild mega last matte. This is the most beautiful color. Every time I go out I look to see if there are any on the shelves I think I have seen one. Next time I may pick it up just to make sure I will always have this color I hand

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Sej1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time with red lipsticks since my skin tone is pretty uneven, and my complexion is cool caramel brown (I'm in the mid to high NC 40s)...I only recently got ruby woo and diva and thought those were the only reds that looked decent on me until I tried this one. I'd heard about this lipstick but was very skeptical until I just decided to go for it since it was pretty cheap and I'm so glad I did! It's a beautiful deep red, almost a bit plummy and definitely not matte to me--but I don't mind. I figure not all mattes will feel like MAC's? Anyway, I highly recommend to everyone, especially my fellow WOC.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this shade over ASOS as my country does not carry Rimmel's makeup line. Hence, with shipping prices, it was around $12.95.

I could not resist buying this as it was a deep berry red with cool undertones, which suited me perfectly. Since it is a matte lipstick, I had to put lip balm over before applying this on my lips.

+ve points:
(i) very long lasting, even after eating, I didn't see the need to reapply. Colour may be slightly gone, but there was a deep stain in it. I could only remove it with a waterproof makeup remover.

(ii) True to colour, I guess it speaks for itself already.
(iii) Cute packaging! Very sleek, with Kate's signature imprinted on the cap. Very cool.
(iv) It had a very nice scent. Bonus point.

-ve:
(i) Left my lips drying and chapped after 5 hours despite applying the lipbalm beforehand. But it's quite common among all matte lipsticks. '

It'll be good to apply this colour with a lipbrush for precise application.
Overall, great product. Tried so many red lippies but this was the BEST. A good investment, I would not hesitate to buy this again even if it means I have to pay for extra shipping fees.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited when I finally got this lipstick because it seem to come up on every forum beauty blog etc that I looked on and the swatches looked gorgeous, I was expecting a deep red from how it wore in pictures I'd seen but on me it comes up deep pink :/ still nice just not what I was looking for. I paid 3.99 for this in boots on offer and at full price it still isn't that expensive I've heard such good things about the rimmel Kate range I think I'll have to look at other shades, the tubes are really cute to simple yet sleek. I can't comment on how long wearing this is because my mum now owns it lol the application was good though when I tried it out no pulling on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This product easily gets full marks, it is up there with my MAC lipsticks and is even better than some of them in terms of staying power. Lovely vampy colour, perfect for autumn, winter and nights out!I was really pleasantly surprised by this lipstick, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a little bit unsure when I bought this shade because it is very dark and I'm very pale! This colour is a raspberry cool toned deep red. Honestly, I would have never thought a shade like this would look good but so many positive reviews from my fellow pale-skinned ladies convinced me to try it out. When I first put it on I thought I looked ridiculous, but after I let it sit for a while and looked again I loved it! This is truly a sexy vampy pouty shade. It's bold, but not overly so. The colour is fantastic! The only complaints I have about this lipstick are the smell, the finish and the feel. The smell is very fruity and strong. It's not a deal breaker, but I really wish the scent was more subtle. Also, this is supposed to be a matte lipstick but on my lips it looks like it's got a bit of shine to it. I expect a matte lipstick to actually be matte like ruby woo or honey love. I love mattes so just a little less shine would be ideal! And the feel is a bit weird; it's like the lipstick doesn't actually sink into your lips and just sits on top waiting to bleed and smudge. I just wish the lipstick felt a little more there instead of just sitting on the surface. Overall, killer colour for just a few cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the ultimate lipstick. Such a rich, deep not-quite-berry-not-quite-plum shade and a flawlessly matte finish. It's one of the few lipsticks I've ever used that looks on me exactly as it does on the promo. It has such a "wow" factor, and despite being quite a dark shade it looks great on my fair skin.

I'm not a fan of Rimmel at all (I like their, now discontinued, Sexy Curves mascara, that's about it) and I'm even less of a fan of Kate Moss, so I hadn't noticed it around. My hairdresser was wearing it and I fell in love with it on sight and asked her what it was. She couldn't remember so she rummaged through her bag to find out. The second I was out of the salon I went to buy it.

The staying powder is excellent, I would expect that of a matte product anyway, but I wore it all around London on a very hot summer's day and it survived endless bottled water and moisture and sweat. I apply it, blot, powder, reapply for all day longevity.

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" A Thousand Times YES!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG!! I'm so happy I found this! It's practically extinct everywhere but I called a Harmons (far away!) and they had it! I love how this looks. A bit more berry than deep red in real life with pink tones but still a deeper shade. I feel it's less drying than 109 which seems to be the dryest one, and the color lasts and doesn't budge. I also have the 11 in the black tube and thought they'd be similar but that one is less deep and also not matte of course. I'm soooo loving this line. I also saw 110 there and now I'm tempted....maybe even get a second tube of this before they're gone! Gah. I use Nyx Cabaret liner with this,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rimmel Kate 107 is red with a dose of vampy berry/plum which makes it sexy but also very chic and sophisticated. It has a beautiful richness to it and becomes more vampy the more you layer it. It's bold enough that random people have complimented me on this lipstick, but it somehow manages to be very wearable and more comfortable in comparison to my other red lipsticks. Unique color and perfect autumn/holiday lippy. I have very warm, yellow undertones (NC20-25) and was pleasantly surprised at how flattering this shade was on me. One of my favorite makeup purchases this year. Only one downside... although it is super pigmented, it does have a strangely grainy texture that is slightly drying. I would recommend wearing a light balm under this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No