October 1, 2014 | 1124 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Matte Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 107

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rimmel Kate Moss 107 was an impulse buy of mine about a week ago, after I did a bit of Internet searching to find a great dark fall lipstick. I wore it all last week for 8+ hours a day.

I'd heard nothing but good things about this lipstick, and after wearing it nonstop for 7 days, I can say that it lives up to the hype. The color is a gorgeous dark burgundy red, perfect for fall. The formula is pretty good. It's a matte lipstick, so I expected it to be a bit on the dry side. I found that this was drier without being too drying. (If you have very dry lips naturally, like I do, of course don't forget to exfoliate and moisturize before applying.)

The benefit of the drier formula is that this lipstick is going to stay in place, and does it ever. I barely needed to touch up after a meal, and otherwise it lasts all day beautifully.

The packaging is also way too cute, I have to admit. I love the red and black tube with the signature.

I think I paid about $6 for the lipstick, which was a great price point for such a lovely addition to my collection. I know this will be a handbag staple for me this fall and winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by definitelyaroad

I love the packaging of this line of lipsticks. It just looks pretty and classy, and I'll be honest, I gravitate towards Rimmel's lipsticks in Superdrug or Boots over Maybelline or Revlon because they look gorgeous! I'm such a shallow person, ahaha.

The colour itself is really nice - it's a plummy, cool deep red, and I like it with a simple, mostly nude eye look, because it's such a focus-pulling colour. By reference, I'm a very yellowy NC25-NC30. It's supposed to be a matte lipstick, but I'd say it's mostly a demi-matte finish. It lasted more than three hours on me without fading away too much, but by the 4+ hour it started to settle a bit into my lip lines, thus emphasising them. The colour itself was still quite strong on my lips though, and in the meantime I'd drank a glass of tea and also some water straight from the bottle.

You can't really go wrong with a lipstick from Rimmel's Kate Moss line - I don't really care much about Kate Moss, but one of these is around 5 and Rimmel is often buy one get one half price, so yeah.

I took off one lippie because the lipstick came with a slightly faulty twist-up thingy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Just bought this for $4.99 at Target after more than a week of waiting to see when Target would restock it. I simply adore this shade! At first i thought it went on lighter than i'd like when i swatched it weeks earlier, but after putting it on, i was pleased to see that it was such a rich, cherry-berry red, on the vampy side. It's a lovely shade that, if you're a red lipstick fiend, you simply must have in your collection. It surprisingly compliments my light brown skin with yellow undertones.

This matte lipstick goes on incredibly smoothly on the lips. It has a very satiny finish that doesn't dry the lips out too much and gives it a very nice, seamless matte look. Just make sure your lips are well exfoliated beforehand so that you'll have no issues with caking or drying. The lipstick itself smells pleasantly of a sort of cherry or fruity smell, although it doesn't smell nearly as much, once on the lips. I would HIGHLY recommend this line of lipstick if you're looking for lovely matte liptsicks that won't cost you an arm and a leg, just as i recommend this color. I think it honestly looks good on all shades of skin and it is the perfect red lipstick for Fall and the holidays.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

Love this lipstick! Perfect for cool skin girls - I would imagine from fair to dark but the berry colour with cool undertones just makes my fair-ish (NC20-25) cool skin glow and blue eyes POP. It is matte but not dry matte at all and has a slight silkiness/moisture to it which for me is great as I can tend to get dry lips. It is one of my top 3 lipsticks for sure. Packaging is good, price is on point, can't ask for anything more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Mandalaine

I purchased this on a whim and never looked back! This is the best shade ever! I was worried it was a bit too dark but its a really lovely shade of plum/wine/berry. It contrasts so beautifully with my fair skin and I get compliments on it all the time. Its my everyday wear with one coat and my go to sexy night look with a heavier hand. Its really convenient to only carry one tube with me. It does last about 6 hours on average, but tends to stain to a really nice raspberry colour as it fades so its not a big deal. I would add a balm under this as it tends to dry, I do this any way as part of my routine so its not a worry. Its a bit vampy but not too goth looking. It does have a scent sort of a fruity rose but its not too sweet I love the scent but some may not. Buy this!! 6$ full price but its an even bigger win when its on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shade of lipstick ever. This color make me feel so sexy. Even more sexy than a perfect red. Of coarse that is a personals preference. Oh wow is this beautiful. I had such a hard time finding this one in my area, I guess everyone else likes it as well. I luckily found one left that hadn't been opened in store a swiped across some strangers hands.
Color: beautiful deep red/ berry/ plum. Perfect balance of the three.
Smell: I love the smell of this, to me it smells like the rimmel show off lip lacquers. Slightly sweet.
The feel; upon application these feel velvety smooth. They add no moisture, but are not uncomfortable to wear all day. Just have you a good balm underneath and carry with just incase.
Wear: I get a good 4+ hrs of wear

All in all this, out of all the shades I own this is.my favorite. Although my fav. Formula is wet n wild mega last matte. This is the most beautiful color. Every time I go out I look to see if there are any on the shelves I think I have seen one. Next time I may pick it up just to make sure I will always have this color I hand

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Sej1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time with red lipsticks since my skin tone is pretty uneven, and my complexion is cool caramel brown (I'm in the mid to high NC 40s)...I only recently got ruby woo and diva and thought those were the only reds that looked decent on me until I tried this one. I'd heard about this lipstick but was very skeptical until I just decided to go for it since it was pretty cheap and I'm so glad I did! It's a beautiful deep red, almost a bit plummy and definitely not matte to me--but I don't mind. I figure not all mattes will feel like MAC's? Anyway, I highly recommend to everyone, especially my fellow WOC.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this shade over ASOS as my country does not carry Rimmel's makeup line. Hence, with shipping prices, it was around $12.95.

I could not resist buying this as it was a deep berry red with cool undertones, which suited me perfectly. Since it is a matte lipstick, I had to put lip balm over before applying this on my lips.

+ve points:
(i) very long lasting, even after eating, I didn't see the need to reapply. Colour may be slightly gone, but there was a deep stain in it. I could only remove it with a waterproof makeup remover.

(ii) True to colour, I guess it speaks for itself already.
(iii) Cute packaging! Very sleek, with Kate's signature imprinted on the cap. Very cool.
(iv) It had a very nice scent. Bonus point.

-ve:
(i) Left my lips drying and chapped after 5 hours despite applying the lipbalm beforehand. But it's quite common among all matte lipsticks. '

It'll be good to apply this colour with a lipbrush for precise application.
Overall, great product. Tried so many red lippies but this was the BEST. A good investment, I would not hesitate to buy this again even if it means I have to pay for extra shipping fees.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited when I finally got this lipstick because it seem to come up on every forum beauty blog etc that I looked on and the swatches looked gorgeous, I was expecting a deep red from how it wore in pictures I'd seen but on me it comes up deep pink :/ still nice just not what I was looking for. I paid 3.99 for this in boots on offer and at full price it still isn't that expensive I've heard such good things about the rimmel Kate range I think I'll have to look at other shades, the tubes are really cute to simple yet sleek. I can't comment on how long wearing this is because my mum now owns it lol the application was good though when I tried it out no pulling on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This product easily gets full marks, it is up there with my MAC lipsticks and is even better than some of them in terms of staying power. Lovely vampy colour, perfect for autumn, winter and nights out!I was really pleasantly surprised by this lipstick, love it!