December 19, 2014 | 1013 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Mineralize rich lipstick Lady at Play

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can imagine Lady at Play looks beautiful on pale skin but it looks horrible on my tanned skin.

It's very bright, brighter than Elegant Accent from the same Mineralize line. It's too bright for my liking, kind of cheesy. It's not an all occasion lipstick. It would look ridiculous in the office or school setting, you know. You can wear it to the beach, shopping mall, restaurants, parties, or for a night out.

The color is described as mid-tonal cool tangerine. I can see tangerine. The color is not like the skin of tangerine, and it is more like the edible part inside the tangerine, darker than the skin of the fruit. It looks quite warm on my skin not cool. Maybe it's the lipstick color that makes my skin tone look even warmer. The lipstick pulls a little pink, just a little, is that why it is described as cool tangerine? Anyway, if you have tanned skin, it makes your skin look too warm. It doesn't brighten your face. You look like Oompa Loompa from Chocolate Factory.

The formula is not drying. It's easy to glide the lipstick on. But you really have to try the colors in the store. I saw so many online lip swatches, and I especially focused on those people who have the same skin tone like mine. What it looks like on them stills is NOT what it looks like on me. It could be the lighting and/or the camera. One of the reasons could also be these ladies wear full face makeup to do lip swatch. When you have full face makeup, your skin tone looks more even and balanced (coolness/warmness), so a lot more lipstick colors would look all right on your face . I am always looking for "pick up and go" lipstick, meaning the lipstick has to look good on my bare face. Lady at Play definitely is not qualified. But hey, if you always wear full face makeup with blush, eyeshadow, and the whole 9 yard, you could make Lady at Play work for your tanned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. The formula is amazing and feels very moisturizing on your lips. I get really dry flaky lips, especially when wearing matte lipsticks and this lipstick doesn't do that to my lips at all. I'd say that the finish and the lasting power is similar to the MAC cremesheen lipsticks. The color is also amazing for my skin tone--NC25; it's a pinkish coloral color. For me, it goes on more coral than it looks in the tube, but that probably varies depending on what your natural lip color is. My only gripe is that I'm the biggest fan of the packaging. The tube looks really cool and has a beautiful shape, but I still much prefer the regular MAC lipstick packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the shape of the tube and cap like tubular, long-wearing and very moisturizing and exfoliates at the same time, a winner, I have this in a deep violet retro-like pink shade, it really does make my teeth look whiter, on the lip and teeth coontrast. as long as we brush, no problems. and the product is new. i love thematte finish, I give this great reviews, and I would highly reccommend this to anyone my friends and makeuplovers. Celebrities wear this........!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This colour is gorgeous. I'm somewhere between NC15-20 and it looks good on me - I get complimented on it a lot.

The Mineralize Rich lipsticks are different from MAC's regular formulas, and in my opinion, much better. It's actually pretty hydrating and doesn't settle into lines. The wear time is OK, not the best, but then again, this isn't a stain.

The packaging is also different from the regular ones- this comes in a tube with a magnetic seal.

I love this and will definitely try more colours!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

O.M.G. This lipstick is absolutely gorgeous. It is most similar to crosswires in the tube, but on the lips they are quite different. It is a wearable more pinky and brighter version of crosswires and the formula is spectacular. One coat, don't blot lips together, let set, and it stays perfect for hours until you eat. It helps my lips maintain moisture and leaves them feeling moisturized when it wears off. I get many compliments when I wear it. Gorgeous! NW20/NC15