April 24, 2014 | 2053 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Aria

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months and I love it. it's really brought an improvement to my skin. I had acne on my forehead as a teenager, but it cleared up by the time I was in my 20s... and then for some reason, in my 30's it came back with a VENGENCE. like, im saying, much more horrible than during my teenage years. it was all over my cheeks, chin and neck, and it was embarrassing to go out in public. in my early 30's I even went on Accutane, and although it cleared up my acne, it did terrible things for my hair and my nails. It cleared up my skin for 2 years... but my acne came BACK and I still had bad hair and nails!!! I tried some of the most expensive cleansers out there (Cle de peau, Sisley etc... they're like near $80 for a small bottle!!) and nothing was getting rid of my acne!!!

Desperate, I decided to get the Clarisonic. I bought it off ebay for an amazing deal. I had a terrible, terrible purging phase - so bad, like, about 3 dime sized pimples on my chin, along with many smaller ones. The GOOD thing was that although it broke me out, the clarisonic also seemed to get RID of my breakouts faster. usually if I had a big dime sized zit, it would take a couple weeks for me to get rid of it... it only took one week and the big zits were gone (although the really big one left a pretty dark scar). after the purging stage, I haven't had any more breakouts!! I still have acne scars, but they've faded quite a bit since using the clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by annette4m

Luvit i got it 2 weeks ago my skin looks amazing and glowing. Only the fact that my expencive face cream is actually being absorve by my clean skin and not by my dead skin is a win win!! but it does more than that i had white heads around my nose not any more my face looks smooth also my make up looks ten times better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by RollCards

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Exceptional product! My skin looks and feels better than it has in years.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by SweeteTarteManiac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about anybody else but I did extensive research before purchasing my Clarisonic Aria. I was curious about others thoughts and from what I gathered it was a great product! I make sure I knew how to use it which is key and I couldn't be happier!! It worked wonders for my acne prone oily skin! I honestly don't think I could every go back to how I was washing my face before!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by zcoop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To make a long and gory story short, this thing made mincemeat out of my face in a relatively short time and I never used anything stronger than the softest brush head Clarisonic makes and the lowest speed. If I can say only one thing to anyone wanting to purchase this, it's "go ahead - be excited, but if it wreaks havoc, don't be afraid to return it."

If you are a fan of exfoliation (and you probably are and should be), look into 5% and 10% glycolic acids (with the right pH) and 1-2% salicylic acids (again, look for the effective pH). These safe and gentle acids will actually clean the surface and pores without rolling over your face like a spinning zamboni. For every comment I've read defending the "purge," I wonder why no one takes broken capillaries and pustules seriously?!

After my disappointment over my experience and the total wonder about whether to return it or not (because everyone else loves it, right?!), I finally decided that I love and appreciate this same technology for my teeth, but not on delicate skin. Now, some may say, that's a different brush and different tool, to which I ask you to compare the head of sonic toothbrush to the delicate or sensitive brush of the Clarisonic and ask yourself how much tougher the average tooth is versus the skin on your face!

I understand that Clarisonic is excited to have turned the very non-sexy technology of a toothbrush into a "luxury" product that they are "willing" to sell to the average person, but it's no different from any brand deciding to expand to another price point because they've discovered that the average person spends more on skincare than the average wealthy person.

If this works well for you: great! If this causes damage to your skin, don't spend weeks or months wondering or being told that you must be doing something wrong: simply return it and don't worry that you lost out on some great secret of skin care - listen to your skin!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had my Clarisonic for about two and a half years. I didn't use it daily and I never used it in the shower. I bought if either from QVC or HSN so I don't think it is counterfeit. It is totally dead. My niece has had hers for about three years and doesn't use hers daily either. Dead. Now you might say that is a long time to have a product like this but let me say mine cost over $200.00. I sure miss it but can't commit to buying a new one. Big disappointment. The alternatives such as the one from Olay or Neutrogena I believe are battery operated and go through them fast. Dilemma.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by DcPrpro

It's been a week since I received my Aria from QVC and I am a true believer in the cleaning benefits of this brush. I use it with my salicylic face wash and I use it every night. I see a difference in my pore size and overall skin condition. I know these are pricey, but you can get them on a flex pay system on QVC.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by tequila29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've shied away from manually exfoliating my face and was using the glycolic facial wipes by Origins for awhile and the results were mediocre. I was also using the Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion but I felt it was a little harsh and I would feel a burning sensation on my face. I needed another way to improve the texture of my skin.

One day, a cosmetic salesperson recommended the Clarisonic oscillating brush and wow am I glad she did! My face has never been cleaner, smoother or softer and acne free. My mom looked at my skin after I've been using this for several weeks and said 'What have you been doing to your skin? It looks radiant!' I use the brush with Philosphy's Purity cleanser and I couldn't be happier with how my skin looks.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm just so-so with this. Let me start by saying I won this from an allure magazine giveaway. I've thought about buying a clarisonic for years but never could quite decide to spend the money to do it. I had heard about the olay brush and tried that. Yes, it spins instead of vibrates but it's a similar concept. Anyway, I was so excited to finally have a clarisonic. I've been using it for a week now and I'm sad to say I'm disappointed. Does it make clean my face? Yes, my face feels super clean, smooth and soft. But no different than the olay one made it feel. It really hasn't created any sort of change to my skin. I'm sad to say I don't think it's worth it. Am I glad I have it? Yes. Would I buy one in the future if something happened to this one? No, I'd probably just go buy the olay one again. Honestly my skin feels just as clean with the olay one. Yes the Clarisonic one beeps at you when it's time to move to a different spot, but I can count. It's not worth the couple hundred.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

Last summer during a bathroom remodel, My Clarisonic Pro disappeared. I waited till the Sephora 15% off sale. After much research, I bought the Aria. It came down to more features, and it felt the best in my hand.

I also like the usb recharger as this means it can recharge right along beside my iPhone or Ipad when I travel. (all just need a mac or laptop usb port or a wall plug)

I also wanted a model that the body brush fit on. So that made the Mia and Mia 2 out of the running.

I don't like my skin without daily clarisonc ritual.