November 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Aria

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by lamis86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love my Aria, I have been looking forward to buying it a long time ago but its price was what prevents me, however after reading many great reviews I went for it. I dont regret it at all .. I have been using it for 2 weeks now with cetaphil cleanser and the sensitive brush head that came with it & my skin is feeling cleaner,softer, pores tightening and products absorbed a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clarisonics are not cheap, and it's quite the investment. I've been contemplating purchasing this for about a year now, and when I saw that they were having a roadshow at Midvalley, I knew I was ready to make a purchase.
I got a great offer that came with Biotherm deluxe samples and a complimentary facial at the Biotherm spa!

I have tried a ton of products to help me with my hyperpigmentation and acne scars, but none have come close to the effectiveness of the Clarisonic. I'm currently using the Sensitive brush head that came with the Aria, twice a day for more thnn a week now.

When I first used it, I had my normal everyday makeup on, and had done a first cleansing with Biore's oil-in-cotton make up wipes (which are quite heavy duty). After cleansing with the Clarisonic, I couldn't believe how dirty the brush head was! When I normally cleanse with my hands, you can't see any of the make up residue! I really could not get over it!

A few days in - my skin was looking brighter and smoother, and when I did my morning and evening skincare routines, they were getting absorbed faster, instead of just sitting on top of the skin. I wish I had bought this alot sooner!

At the end of the day, what's the point of spending a ton of money of great skincare, when you haven't even cleansed properly?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For Valentines Day, I decided to buy myself a gift in honor of my love for me! Who am I kidding!!! This was on sale and figured it was now or never based on how much a normal unit goes for!! So I jumped on it and bought myself a Clarisonic Aria that included Josie Maran products with it for Valentines Day!

Before buying my Clarisonic, I did some serious research on it. While it is proven that with electric powered hand handled facial devices, your skin does get cleaner and your makeup washes off better. Nonetheless, even with all these great advantages, the price tag for one of these sweet puppies is still out there and not within everyone's reach. Nonetheless, I don't regret it one bit. I was using before an electric brush from DDF which is basically the same one Olay carries. While this brush did work wonders on my face especially the sides of my nose, it didn't leave my face as clean as the Clarisonic has. My face not only feels clean but is very soft to the touch. The funny thing about this brush is that it doesn't spin but vibrates so it does take some getting use to. However I can see the different with a spinning head and a vibrating head and the big changes this device made to my skin.

However with all that being said, lets get something straight. I also use AHA, BHA, Vitamin C and Retinol every night. So my face is soft, clean and clear due to all these products and the Clarisonic combined. Remember it takes more then just a facial hand held device to give you beautiful clear skin. You also need to use products to clear your face and diet is key as well.

While I will not lie, this unit cost me $225 CDN with taxes and all, however I would not give it up for the world. It does a great job at removing any left over makeup and helping to clean out my pores so that my facial products can sink in properly. I would recommend a Clarisonic to anyone who can afford one. Also keep in mind, Clarisonic has older model units that do the same job for cheaper. Before the newer models came out, the older ones were still rocking it out the park.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product really is an investment.
there's nothing really like it.

for the longest time, i didn't want to buy this product because i simply did not believe in it. i've done everything i could do for my face: do an oil cleanse then foam cleanse once a day. twice a week i would exfoliate and do a facial mask. even with my strict facial regime, i'd constantly break out. i would switch products yet my face never really looked clean.

now i can't stop touching my face. it's soft and my pores are clearing up.
i use my clarisonic every day with luxe brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months and I love it. it's really brought an improvement to my skin. I had acne on my forehead as a teenager, but it cleared up by the time I was in my 20s... and then for some reason, in my 30's it came back with a VENGENCE. like, im saying, much more horrible than during my teenage years. it was all over my cheeks, chin and neck, and it was embarrassing to go out in public. in my early 30's I even went on Accutane, and although it cleared up my acne, it did terrible things for my hair and my nails. It cleared up my skin for 2 years... but my acne came BACK and I still had bad hair and nails!!! I tried some of the most expensive cleansers out there (Cle de peau, Sisley etc... they're like near $80 for a small bottle!!) and nothing was getting rid of my acne!!!

Desperate, I decided to get the Clarisonic. I bought it off ebay for an amazing deal. I had a terrible, terrible purging phase - so bad, like, about 3 dime sized pimples on my chin, along with many smaller ones. The GOOD thing was that although it broke me out, the clarisonic also seemed to get RID of my breakouts faster. usually if I had a big dime sized zit, it would take a couple weeks for me to get rid of it... it only took one week and the big zits were gone (although the really big one left a pretty dark scar). after the purging stage, I haven't had any more breakouts!! I still have acne scars, but they've faded quite a bit since using the clarisonic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by annette4m

Luvit i got it 2 weeks ago my skin looks amazing and glowing. Only the fact that my expencive face cream is actually being absorve by my clean skin and not by my dead skin is a win win!! but it does more than that i had white heads around my nose not any more my face looks smooth also my make up looks ten times better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by RollCards

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Exceptional product! My skin looks and feels better than it has in years.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by SweeteTarteManiac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about anybody else but I did extensive research before purchasing my Clarisonic Aria. I was curious about others thoughts and from what I gathered it was a great product! I make sure I knew how to use it which is key and I couldn't be happier!! It worked wonders for my acne prone oily skin! I honestly don't think I could every go back to how I was washing my face before!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by zcoop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To make a long and gory story short, this thing made mincemeat out of my face in a relatively short time and I never used anything stronger than the softest brush head Clarisonic makes and the lowest speed. If I can say only one thing to anyone wanting to purchase this, it's "go ahead - be excited, but if it wreaks havoc, don't be afraid to return it."

If you are a fan of exfoliation (and you probably are and should be), look into 5% and 10% glycolic acids (with the right pH) and 1-2% salicylic acids (again, look for the effective pH). These safe and gentle acids will actually clean the surface and pores without rolling over your face like a spinning zamboni. For every comment I've read defending the "purge," I wonder why no one takes broken capillaries and pustules seriously?!

After my disappointment over my experience and the total wonder about whether to return it or not (because everyone else loves it, right?!), I finally decided that I love and appreciate this same technology for my teeth, but not on delicate skin. Now, some may say, that's a different brush and different tool, to which I ask you to compare the head of sonic toothbrush to the delicate or sensitive brush of the Clarisonic and ask yourself how much tougher the average tooth is versus the skin on your face!

I understand that Clarisonic is excited to have turned the very non-sexy technology of a toothbrush into a "luxury" product that they are "willing" to sell to the average person, but it's no different from any brand deciding to expand to another price point because they've discovered that the average person spends more on skincare than the average wealthy person.

If this works well for you: great! If this causes damage to your skin, don't spend weeks or months wondering or being told that you must be doing something wrong: simply return it and don't worry that you lost out on some great secret of skin care - listen to your skin!

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had my Clarisonic for about two and a half years. I didn't use it daily and I never used it in the shower. I bought if either from QVC or HSN so I don't think it is counterfeit. It is totally dead. My niece has had hers for about three years and doesn't use hers daily either. Dead. Now you might say that is a long time to have a product like this but let me say mine cost over $200.00. I sure miss it but can't commit to buying a new one. Big disappointment. The alternatives such as the one from Olay or Neutrogena I believe are battery operated and go through them fast. Dilemma.