October 25, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Sweet Nectar

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an awesome, wearable orange color and quite affordable. It's a cream finish which I prefer. I'm not into shimmer except when it comes to highlighers and some eyeshadows!
This looks great with a nude eye like someone said below. It's definitely a bold lip color so for me it's important to tone down my eye look when wearing this.
There is definitely a smell to it that I can't really describe. Very fruity? I don't really mind it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

During this orange craze, i bought this one. My first Milani and I just love it. Vegan and non animal tested AND it is a beautiful orange. Bright, opaque, creamy but wearable. Lasts and lasts. I love this with a nude eye. Buy it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Danie5839

I absolutely LOVE this color!! It is so bold yet goes on creamy and lasts for hours. Yes it transfers onto straws and cups but I haven't found anything that doesn't without over drying your lips. I will definitely be purchasing this again as soon as I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by spooji

I absolutely LOVE this color and I literally ran out of mine because I used it so much. At first I thought the smell was strange at first but I got used to it. It's rather drying and flakes a bit as the day goes on which is a bit disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This is my first Milani lipstick. I decided to try this one when I made a little DS haul at CVS trying to get a little bright color for the after the holiday doldrums. This is my first Milani lipstick. I saw that Orange is the new "in" right now so instead of blowing a mint on a color I might not wear a lot of, this one drew me in!

WOW. On me, a lite neutral, this comes off very pigmented, creamy and leaning to a neon BUT I would have no problem wearing this casual looking for some pop or the LBD as well.

I am very impressed to how creamy this went on. I did not feel the need to balm beforehand but with it being brighter and opaque coverage you can't have any flakes or it will show. Staying power is about average for a lipstick and I got a bit of a tint as well which is nice in between applications. The smell is also better not high floral or grandma's lipstick it's lite fruity like a jolly rancher or cotton candy.

If you are looking for the brighter colors and don't want to shell out the bucks ($5 vs $15) or if you are just trying out this color for the first time my vote is go for this don't shell out the higher bucks this is equal in it's quality to a lot of the higher end brands but you'll get the quality of a higher end lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great purchase for me. The color is rich and even though it seems bright, its really wearable. Don't get me wrong its a statement color (color statement? lol) but it is flattering on me and I think it would be on a lot of skin tones. Very happy with milani lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Diorxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

COLOR STATEMENT LIPSTICK! One of my favorite lipsticks. and the price is amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am all about my bright colored lippies...I have always ran to MAC for to feed said bright plight and addiction. Not so anymore! Not since I discovered this brand. Wow, just wow!

Let us begin with Milani as a brand wherein their color statement line of lipsticks are concerned, shall we?

1) Its totally affordable at about $5 per lipstick.
2) Pigmentation is to die for, they give MAC a major run for its money and rep to be sure.
3) They are totally on par with a number of other popular high end brands where formulation is concerned - this formula is creamy as heck and totally moisturizing.
4) I dunno what gives with the scent of this stuff but its like junkfood junkie aromatherapy heaven! These lipsticks smell like jolly ranchers. That may be off putting to some, but I think its delish as well as fitting considering the bright fun color range they have going.
5) I love how they show the color at the bottom of the case; I love how the color is exactly the same as the actual lipstick itself even more because their are other brands which try to do this and fail (I have made purchases based on the color shown on base, gotten home and been disappointed).

Now let's move on to the color itself... This is actually the most vibrant, pigmented, creamy orange out right now. Not only that but its so fitting to many a skintone and shade, even though one wouldn't place it as such right off the bat. What I love about this shade specifically is that gals on the more pale range are looking for a more shocking vibrant orange and this is exactly what they get, while darker skintoned ladies are going for a more flatering "autumn" if you will look and somehow this shade manages to get that right as well. Believe it or not, this is a wonderfully versatile shade; Sweet Nectar can be both fun and flattering. Truth be told I like this way more than MAC's All About Orange or Morange as its undertones chameleon where a variety of skintones are concerned.

I highly recomend orange lovers give Sweet Nectar by Milani a whirl. Hey, ya can't really go wrong for the price, right?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ORANGE lipstick???!!! Never, right?...wrong! This shade is beautiful. I have to admit, however, it took some getting used to because initially I was unsure. It was SUPER bright and I was thinking it was a reach to don this bold color, but I got many compliments on it. I also dabbed a bit of my NYC Nude York City over it to tone it down just a tad and it was perfect. Now I can't wait to get a few more Milani colors from their new Spring line. The coverage is great, it's very creamy and moist, the scent of it is pleasant almost like a cherry-like scent which I didn't mind at all because many lipsticks have a waxy, generic scent to them so the pleasant cherry scent was a nice surprise. It comes in a very sassy, classy, sleek gold tube with a color swatch at the end which is helpful when deciding what shade you want to purchase...There's no need to open the packing and swatch on your hand while in the store, and the swatch also makes "TESTERS" obsolete with this particular lipstick which is commendable because testers are extremely unsanitary. The tube is also sealed with an adhesive strip along the side so you don't have to worry about whether its been opened and sampled by someone else before it becomes yours. It's very pigmented which makes application easy although I do recommend moisturizing with a good balm before applying this, as with any lip color, so that considered you may have to apply a few coats to get the color payoff and coverage necessary for a bright vibrant finish. This is a magnificent shade for deep/dark skin tones especially for Spring and Summer.
~Adrienne Starr

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

What drew me to try this line of lipstick is that they state they are paraben free along with their matching liners. This was one of the shades I had been wanting. I had never ever worn orange ever before but because the price was cheap even not on sale and it looked really fun I just went for it. ($5,89 @ CVS) The formula tends to be drying like a matte lipstick. I really need to use balm with this. It leaves a stain on my lips which is nice. The color looked really fun & fresh on me. NC25 here. I want Violet Volt but all the CVS around me seem to think its too wild of a color to carry on a regular basis. Hmph. Overall its a good lipstick but not a great formula for someone who tends to have dry lips such as myself.