October 20, 2014 | 1929 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by rach29

Great product. Really leaves my hair feeling clean. Nice light scent. Does cause my hair to be a bit flat the day after using.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great strong smell. Others could still smell my hair by the end of the week. That's all that's great about it. It knotted up and dried out my 4b/c afro hair like i'd washed my hair with Ivory soap. Will never use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh god, I love this. I never tried clarifying shampoo before and decided to try it based on the reviews and because of the price (I bought it for 1.15 at CVS but saw it the next day for like 88 cents at Walmart, it's super cheap).

I remember the first time I tried this. I lathered it up in my hair and then as soon as I washed it out I felt the difference. My hair immediately felt weightless and healthier. I followed up with my Aussie moist conditioner and my hair felt amazing. Once it dried, my hair felt softer and was definitely less frizzy. It really just felt so weightless and healthy. Also, I love the smell.

I use it once a week, sometimes every 2 weeks. It's definitely going to last me a long time and when I need to repurchase I'll be happy to remember that it's so freakin cheap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

This clarifying shampoo (with sulfates) is a gel, so it's not drippy. It's milder than Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampo, which I've been using, diluting it and half with distilled water. This is an effective clarifier that applies and rinses easily. Unfortunately, it makes my scalp itch, so I'm still looking for the perfect clarifier.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Wonder2Wanda

The Kiwi Lime Squeeze Ao5 shampoo is great to add to your regime if you're some who likes to rotate shampoo. I bought this at the local Family General b/c it was so dang cheap and I needed a good clarifying shampoo for my oily hair. It was great the first time I used it b/c it cleaned out all the residues from my hair left by other shampoos. The next few times...not so much. This shampoo will strip your hair and leave it dry if you forget to condition. I'll probably use it 1x per week to clean out my hair but it's not gentle enough for daily use.
That being said I HAD to give it 4 lippies b/c of the price and usefulness, at least for my hair. Smell is not bad either but nothing amazing. I am glad I found it b/c I haven't seen much clarifying shampoos around except for Neutrogena. I do like Neutrogena better but I couldn't justify paying a higher price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another shampoo my brother seems to like but I'm not crazy about.
It's not as drying as their other clarifying shampoo vanilla & mint but it comes close.
Good if you have short hair, oil, build up. Not good for me with long hair and dry ends.
If I only had this stuff around it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's deff. not my first pick from Vo5.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Lnylorac

Love lemongrass products so had to try this cheap alternative. Thought the jelly consistency was odd but the lather, which is most important, is not bad. More interestingly, noticed it works nice on skin better than other body washes. It seems to refine/erase pores by removing residual dirt and oil. My oily face seems to like it too. Try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Giant because it was on sale for 79 cents and I had just run out of my giant bottle of Redken Cleansing Cream. I had bought the Redken bottle back when I wasn't so broke from paying for school, and when I finally ran out, I needed a cheaper clarifying shampoo. Vo5 Clarifying Shampoo got really good reviews on MUA and since I use this as my basis on whether or not to buy products, I figured, why not? It was only 79 cents.

It smells really good, fresh and fruity without being too sweet. When I lather, it feels like it is stripping my hair. I hate that squeaky clean feeling, I guess I was spoiled by the Redken. But I could definitely tell my hair was free of the waxes and serums I use on it every day. So this did a good job on clarifying.

I don't condition my hair at the roots since my hair gets really oily up there. So my hair felt tangly and raw while it was drying. That kinda irritated me. But after it dried, my hair felt very soft and clean, which was nice.

I would like this more if it didn't leave such a stripping feeling. But for 79 cents, it does a great job, and without ammonium lauryl/laureth sulfate.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on vacation since the sand and salt water was really building up in my hair and making it feel really gross. I remember my mom using this on me as a child, So the smell really brings back memories :) It really cleanses my hair without over drying. For $.79, I would definitely repurchase. But one bottle has lasted me 8 months so far so I probably won't need to for a while! I also used this on my (very, very) long haired puppy after she got in to the trash and smelled terrible. I tried everything, but the smell was still lingering, so in a fit of desperation, I used this on her and the smell was gone and get coat was so much softer and shinier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this shampoo--another MUA recommendation :) I got my husband to use it once a week to deep clean his scalp and he loves it. Doesn't strip my red hair and gets the gunk out.