July 23, 2014 | 2064 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is dry, short, curly, and color-treated. This clarifying shampoo is a light green gel. I applied a little bit to my palms and ran it through my hair. I used it full strength and it didn't irritate my scalp or over-dry my hair. It's milder than diluted (half shampoo and half distilled water) Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo but just as effective as a clarifier.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Wonder2Wanda

The Kiwi Lime Squeeze Ao5 shampoo is great to add to your regime if you're some who likes to rotate shampoo. I bought this at the local Family General b/c it was so dang cheap and I needed a good clarifying shampoo for my oily hair. It was great the first time I used it b/c it cleaned out all the residues from my hair left by other shampoos. The next few times...not so much. This shampoo will strip your hair and leave it dry if you forget to condition. I'll probably use it 1x per week to clean out my hair but it's not gentle enough for daily use.
That being said I HAD to give it 4 lippies b/c of the price and usefulness, at least for my hair. Smell is not bad either but nothing amazing. I am glad I found it b/c I haven't seen much clarifying shampoos around except for Neutrogena. I do like Neutrogena better but I couldn't justify paying a higher price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another shampoo my brother seems to like but I'm not crazy about.
It's not as drying as their other clarifying shampoo vanilla & mint but it comes close.
Good if you have short hair, oil, build up. Not good for me with long hair and dry ends.
If I only had this stuff around it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's deff. not my first pick from Vo5.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Lnylorac

Love lemongrass products so had to try this cheap alternative. Thought the jelly consistency was odd but the lather, which is most important, is not bad. More interestingly, noticed it works nice on skin better than other body washes. It seems to refine/erase pores by removing residual dirt and oil. My oily face seems to like it too. Try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Giant because it was on sale for 79 cents and I had just run out of my giant bottle of Redken Cleansing Cream. I had bought the Redken bottle back when I wasn't so broke from paying for school, and when I finally ran out, I needed a cheaper clarifying shampoo. Vo5 Clarifying Shampoo got really good reviews on MUA and since I use this as my basis on whether or not to buy products, I figured, why not? It was only 79 cents.

It smells really good, fresh and fruity without being too sweet. When I lather, it feels like it is stripping my hair. I hate that squeaky clean feeling, I guess I was spoiled by the Redken. But I could definitely tell my hair was free of the waxes and serums I use on it every day. So this did a good job on clarifying.

I don't condition my hair at the roots since my hair gets really oily up there. So my hair felt tangly and raw while it was drying. That kinda irritated me. But after it dried, my hair felt very soft and clean, which was nice.

I would like this more if it didn't leave such a stripping feeling. But for 79 cents, it does a great job, and without ammonium lauryl/laureth sulfate.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on vacation since the sand and salt water was really building up in my hair and making it feel really gross. I remember my mom using this on me as a child, So the smell really brings back memories :) It really cleanses my hair without over drying. For $.79, I would definitely repurchase. But one bottle has lasted me 8 months so far so I probably won't need to for a while! I also used this on my (very, very) long haired puppy after she got in to the trash and smelled terrible. I tried everything, but the smell was still lingering, so in a fit of desperation, I used this on her and the smell was gone and get coat was so much softer and shinier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this shampoo--another MUA recommendation :) I got my husband to use it once a week to deep clean his scalp and he loves it. Doesn't strip my red hair and gets the gunk out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells amazing, but is a horrible clarifying shampoo! I usually use Suave clarifying shampoo and my hair feels so clean and has so much body after I use it. I decided to give this one a try along with the conditioner since it smells so good. My hair after washing is shiny, but is also limp and extremely difficult to style. I should have stuck with my suave clarifying shampoo- I will not repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jacqueline101

I thought I'd end up not liking this product but I did. It was on sale for $.69 for the shampoo and conditioner. I was at my local neighbor hood store. I thought this product must be terrible to be this cheap. I decided to smell the product to my surprise it smelt great. I decided to get the set shampoo and conditioner. I washed my hair with the products. I used the shampoo on my scalp and conditioner on my ends and I'm a weekly washer. To my surprise my hair came out clean, smelt great, and it has become my favorite shampoo set.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by angeljane007

This product is AMAZING. Until recently, my hair had been super dry and damaged...I loaded as many styling products and conditioners onto it as I could. Unfortunately, it began to develop a gross, product-y texture-Now what? This product not only got rid of ALL the gunkyness in my hair, it also left it soft and shiny...I have naturally wavy hair, and I was left with no frizz.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No