October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Fragrances - Marilyn Miglin - Pheromone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I love Pheromone ! To me this is a great classic fragrance in the green floral -oriental style with a lot in common with Estee Lauder's Private Collection - the original .I would go so far as to say that Pheromone today, is actually better than the reformulated Lauder fragrance.
It go on fresh,green and spice with an intriguing and interesting green floral -soapy middle and then on to a spicy smooth oriental amber finish. it is a very well made, well blended fragrance . The bottle I have is the EDP from HSN and I am completely happy with it.
Longevity is very good .
This is a very underrated fragrance .5 stars in my book . I can only imagine how wonderful the extrait must be and I may just have to get some .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

I got mine from HSN. I read below that this stuff is different from what you get on the MM site. Don't know. I smell my wrist and get Tabu Light. Not horrible. Not great. Mid notes are soapy.This is not sweet. It could also be a masculine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i get the love it or hate it. its a strong fragrance and that will be controversial. i like it applied VERY lightly.... it grows on the skin with your body heat all on its own, lasts forever. id say dont apply it like other perfumes at all.... pick ONE distant spot.... small of back maybe, base of neckbeneath your hair if bolder. one drop. its sexy,no doubt. however, it usually gives me quite a headache, i am pretty sure its not coincidence. i will still use it occassionally, now that cold weather is here, and see how it works out this season...itll last forever, but id not get more just due to its potency seems too much for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by polotown

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every time I read reviews of Pheromone I am amused by the love-hate. Truth is, it either works with your body chemistry or it doesn't. It is my HG, and has been since I found my first bottle at NM in the '70's. It is a complex scent, on me an oriental floral, without fruit or citrus. It is decidedly sexy, and men love it. Interestingly, women also stop me to ask what I am wearing.

To help identify whether it could work on you, many of the popular perfumes turn acrid or overly sweet on me. On the other hand, I find that I can wear almost all of the MM scents, as well as many of the Estee Lauder scents.

I have used all of the variations of Pheromone, from HSN and MM...oil, perfume, EDT, cologne and all have worked on me without losing the scent's essence. I really don't believe that the HSN variety is different from the original.

To use, apply sparingly. The scent lingers all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I REALLY like this and came to it via cherryblossomdiva's excellent oil dupe. It's mostly a potent, powerhouse green - strong, dense and certainly of its late-70s time (fine by me). There's rather a lot going on in Pheremone...it brings to mind a complex mosaic of piney greens and dark, earthy resins. I've not tried the one now sold on the shopping channel as I have an older bottle, but if you want to try before buying, CBD's dupe is remarkably close.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To my nose a higher quality, more upscale Charlie. Definitely a 70's or early 80's fragrance. I dont do well with galbanum so this is not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by avigold

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smelled like stale cigarette smoke mixed with a weird chemical pong.If I was trapped in an elevator with someone wearing this I'd be sick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love at first sniff! Unfortunately, it was on someone else's dresser and I have no idea where to get my own full bottle (the bigger the better!). From the top note, this contains big florals and green notes then dries down with strong oakmoss presence. That combination of notes are what I love in classic perfumes from the 80s like Chanel Coco, Estee Lauder Knowing, YSL Opium, Guerlain Shalimar. This perfume is for a woman who is confident yet elegant. Worn by the right woman, it can come off as a sexy scent. Definitely not for those who like soft, almost imperceptible scents.

Just checked online and shipping costs make it too expensive. I would buy more than one bottle. Anyone know a brick-and-mortar that sells it in West Coast Canada??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is ONLY for the Bath & Body Oil off Miglin's own website. This stuff is sex in a bottle.

Over the years, I have learned that I do not like other forms of the fragrance, whether EDP/EDT or body products. They all pull a sour, urinaceous topnote and funky indolic basenotes, neither of which rock my boat. In addition, the stuff sold on HSN in cheaper-looking bottles is of inferior quality and smells horrid all around. I once received a giftset of Pheromone products from HSN and ended up throwing it away, bag and all.

But this oil-- this slightly anachronistic green oil from the disco age-- is heaven. It is not really a bath oil, but a concentrated perfume oil with no additives. (Which makes it an amazing bargain.) Just one drop in my cleavage and another at the base of my neck is all I need. Pheromone is a big green floral along the lines of Norell, Fidji, and Ivoire de Balmain. I think it's the best of the bunch. Soothingly herbal and clean, yet sultry with cola-like spices and a warm-skin accord, this stuff projects womanly self-possession and sexual confidence. It is top-notch perfumery.

DO NOT OVERAPPLY, and do try the oil as it is qualitatively different from the other products. Much as Youth-Dew bath oil is tolerable while the spray could kill gnats 30 miles away.

Several women in my family have used Pheromone over the years; I have such fond memories of sniffing my mom's bottle of Pheromone oil in the late '70s/early '80s. It was a perfect fragrance for that time period: opulent, big, complex and gorgeous. It still is wonderful today.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by LindaAnn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very interesting fragrance. I too have purchased this on ebay (horrible, perhaps it ws old, very acidic) and then on HSN. THE PRODUCT I JUST GOT FROM THE MIGLIN WEBSITE IS NOT THE SAME PRODUCT THAT YOU GET WHEN BUYINGFROM HSN! I actually them at Miglin's in an email and they said they sell the juice directly to them and it is in a contract that it is not allowed to be hampered in any way. They swear it is the same juice that they sell in a fancier bottle. But that is not my experience. The bottle I received last week I have used 3 times. It is an herbal, heady, yet sophisticated (not old lady) interesting musk overtone scent. Its very sexy and I do love it. With the weather getting warmer, I am curious as to how it will evolve on my skin. I see why its still being sold since the 70's! A winner.