October 24, 2014 | 1726 users online

Highlighters - Rimmel - Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I haven't had much exposure to Rimmel before, but this is a great product to start off with.
I have this highlighter in 004 Shimmering Sand- the darkest one (I think?). When I first squeezed some out, it looked very, very dark to be a highlighter; I was worried that it'd be the same thing as Hard Candy's Glow All The Way, which is one that is very, very dark for a highlighter. However, once you sheer it out, it leaves a very light but noticeable bronzy-golden glow. It looks perfect on my warm-toned skin. If you are fair-skinned like me in the winter, I'd suggest using this very, very conservatively, since it still can show up as rather dark on fair skin. Now, I'm getting tanned, so it looks a lot more natural.
Anyway, this highlighter gives a beautiful, golden, healthy radiance to the skin; it is shimmery, but the shimmer is small enough to simply come off as a dewy glow rather than the Edward Cullen effect (is Twilight still relevant to anything anymore?). The product's texture is not very thick or too thin; perfectly creamy enough to be blended out without any difficulties. I'd say that it is pretty buildable as well.
The staying power is awesome; it is actually very lasting on the skin and I have not been able to accidentally rub it off (yay). It does take a while to dry, though, and it may feel slightly sticky before it does fully dry, but that doesn't bother me personally. It is a very cheap product- $4!- and you can get three other varieties (I think when I bought this, the other three were sold out). I also like the fact that, if you don't have a need for undereye concealer but still want to brighten up that area, this will look perfect. I have glasses too, so that works well. Overall, I really like the product- it really does "wake me up", and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

Really pretty and natural-looking but creates a slight natural rosy/highlighted cheek look!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by koralam

The whole wake me up line(wake me up foundation+concealer+highlighter) is supposed to deliver a very glow-y look to the skin. So having oily acne prone skin i didn't know if it would work on my skin type. But i am a sucker for highlighters so i picked up 001 flush of pearl and 004 shimmering sands. And i have to say they work great!
001 flush of pearl has been to compared to benefits high beam but owning that as well i can tell you they are not exactly the same. They are both pinky silvery highlighters, but benefits high beam has a liquid constancy and the glitter is super fine. 001 flush of pearl has a mousse constancy and the glitter is more noticeable but can be blended in the skin very nicely.
004 shimmering sands is probably also the closest match to benefits moon beam for a drugstore dupe if youre looking for a golden-y highlighter. Hard candys tiki is a pretty close match too. Again the glitter is a little more noticeable in 004 then in moon beam so i thought it would only work for a night out but I've tried it during the day and blended out well i get a very pretty glow-y finish.
Im impressed with the wake me me line. i think these are great highlighters if you like something a little more dramatic. With a $5-7 price tag you cant go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by VidaSuicide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have three of these - 001 Flush of Pearl, 002 Radiant Rose, and 004 Shimmering Sand. I haven't seen 003 anywhere ever, but I'm sure I'll grab it when I do find it. I love these things!!! And I love having the different colours. So I'll tell you about the stuff itself and each colour. I'll update when I find 003, also!!!
I'm not entirely sure what this is really meant for as the packaging doesn't say anything remotely useful in that regard, so I just use it as an all-over shimmer. It's a smooth, creamy formula with great shimmery pieces! Lots of them! And just a hint of colour. Though 001 might not leave colour behind. I'm not sure if it just happens to match my skin colour or if it blends to match any skin, but it squeezes out of the tube as a pale pinky beige. It's soft and smooth. I rub it into my cheeks lightly with a couple fingers. Two or three swipes and the colour is nicely blended. It doesn't feel heavy, sticky, or oily. And I've never had any clogged pores or breakouts from it. I've even worn it to bed! Usually, when I'm sitting down to do my makeup, I try to decide what colours I'm going to use. How do I feel today? Am I going to use purple eyeliner? Iridescent shadow? And which of these shimmers? I can use 001 for just plain shimmer, no colour. 002 will give me a pinkish glow like a soft rosey blush. And 004 has a warm bronzer colour. How much I put on and how I rub it in depends on how dark the colour is. So that's nice, you could build it up if you wanted to. Some days, I feel like being extra shimmery and I use all of them all over!!! Hehe. Even sometimes on my chest/cleavage area!!! Heh, that might be overkill, but I just love this stuff so much!! I wish it was cheaper, or maybe there were different sizes of tubes. Not a big deal, though. I've always got them on sale so far and I find myself just using a little squeeze for each spot I put it. There's a lot of shimmer in there! A tiny bit goes a long way! I definitely recommend this stuff! Especially for summer.
P.S. I'll keep an eye out for 003 to update. It must be really good if I've never even seen it anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I got two of the shimmer touch at walmart for less than $5 each.
The shades I have are 002 Radiant Rose and 004 Shimmering Sand.
Ive tried the Wake Me Up's concealer and loved it, and I wanted to try more from the line.
And these shimmer touch highlighters are just so amazing!
It is pigmented but not over powering.
It has small glitter particles that dont look jouvenile.
I like to use my fingers to apply these and a little goes a long way.
I use 004 Shimmering Sand on the bridge of my nose, forehead and chin, and use 002 Radiant rose on my cheek bones and I honestly think I look gorgeous with them on my face, yaknow ;)