April 18, 2014 | 2058 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids - On Fire Red

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing lasting power. I went out for dinner and had Italian seafood linguine, and my colour lasted throughout without fading!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by LauraKravec

Love love love this red! I am a fan of Maybelline Vivids - I already own Pink Pop, Shocking Coral, and Vivid Rose. This red is flattering on my light skin (Mac NW20-25). I much prefer to to brick, brown-based reds. It is a rose red that is totally wearable and comfortable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first red lipstick that has ever looked good on me. At least where I thought it looked good and felt comfortable wearing it. I never wear red lipsticks or really dark colors because it simply looks clownish and out of place with my soft features and coloring. I really wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something really new and different and since I've loved all the other Vivids I've tried so far, I picked this one up and used an in-store coupon for a dollar off. This lipstick applies so smoothly and feels creamy like butter. This does need reapplication to keep the initial vibrancy, but even when the vividness wears off, my lips are still a pretty deep rose red color. I seem to be touching this up to keep the bright red color bright about every 2 hours. This does feel dry though and like I need some moisture or gloss over it after a couple of hours. It does tend to bleed some and not stay inside the parameters but I didn't use a liner first or primer on my lips so that is my fault. I still wish it stayed exactly where I applied it though. I really like this and would gladly repurchase as it is a good product. It's not my Holy Grail of lipsticks, but for $5.50 it's a great deal and worth that easily. I'd happily buy this again. I'm wearing RED lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish the packaging was a little more secure. No plastic wrapping makes me frown a bit.
I snagged the On Fire red a few weeks ago. I am always on the look out for a blue based red that goes with my pale visage. It's the goth in me, I can't help it. I finally started wearing red lipstick last year and I haven't looked back, but I digress.
This lipstick is fantastic. Because it is so bright, lip exfoliation is a must but other than that, it wears well, leaving a stain before disappearing at the end of the day. Easy to reapply, and absolutely fun to wear out paired with a neutral eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kookiekathleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have wanted to try the vivid's since they came out, but was kind of unsure because I really dislike the whole ColorSensational lipstick line by Maybelline. But the shiny bright blue red of this one really drew me in!

Pros:
Beautiful blue-toned red color
shiny finish (if you like this)
not drying at all
good lasting power (stains lips)
affordable price

Cons:
tends to feather at the edges of my lips (I need a lipliner with it)
has a slight bad smell to it IMO (not noticeable once it is applied though)

Overall I dont regret buying this and like it! However it could be a personal preference but I like my bold colors to have less slip to them because I felt with this it can easily go out of my lip line if I had no liner on. Also I'm kind of 'meh' about the packaging, neither good nor bad. The color is definitely VERY pretty though so bottom line if you are interested in it I would say go for it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's new Color Sensational Vivid is a bright new line of lipsticks that promise "brighter colors from exclusive vivid pigments" with a "honey nectar formula to nourish the lips." Maybelline offers ten shades, I have On Fire Red. Beauty Bloggers have been going nuts for these lipsticks, but I kinda neglected them, I was too excited about the Color Whisper Lipsticks. I bought this lipstick at Walmart for about $4.50 with a dollar off coupon, though the price will vary by location. The lipstick was made in the USA. Unfortunately Maybelline does test on animals.
I have really mixed feelings about the Color Sensational Vivids packaging. These lipsticks come in silver tubes with a bright, translucent red cap. Nothing too fancy, nothing at all really. No Maybelline logo or any indication of the product name. I also feel like neon red wasn't a good choice because I think a handful of consumers will assume that the lipstick housed in the red tube will be red, and can you really blame them, especially when more and more brands are color-coordinating their packaging. I think Maybelline could've chosen a more neutral, non-traditional lipstick color, like yellow or something. The other problem I see with having a bright red cap is that you can't tell what the color of the product is without opening it, which can lead to more compromised products in the store. It looks nice if you don't want to look at it from a logical point. A label is affixed to the bottom of the tube, listing the shade name and number.
The texture of Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivid is slightly better than average. Application is pretty easy, I wouldn't say that this lipstick glides on, there's a little bit of a pull to it, but it isn't too bad. These lipsticks, or at least On Fire Red is so rich with pigment, so it feels a little thick or heavy on the lips. Despite the thickness this lipstick is quite moist and creamy, very comfortable to wear on the lips. While On Fire Red doesn't slip around on the lips it does tend to transfer onto cups and straws. Wear time for Maybelline's On Fire Red is decent, it sticks around of around two hours then leaves behind a stain for about another hour. Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivids have no flavor, but they do have a bit of cherry scent to them.
On Fire Red is a classic red with a blue undertone. . This lipstick gives that classic cherry red lip that a lot of women love, but a lot of women also fears. On Fire Red has a moist looking satin find that keeps this shade from being too strong. On Fire Red is a very opaque lipstick, I don't like to wear it full on, I prefer to apply it then blot off at least half, leaving behind a really pretty, much more wearable reddish pink stain.
I like Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick in On Fire Red. The formula is nice, its very creamy and comfortable, and impressively pigmented. This shade is a great selection if you're on the hunt for a classic, cool, cherry red. I feel like the packaging could be improved upon. The price point for these lipsticks is a bargain if you consider the quality. I wouldn't repurchase On Fire Red, it isn't a color I'm going to reach for very often. I would however try a different shade, maybe Shocking Coral, Vivid Rose, or Electric Orange. I do recommend the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids line as a whole.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No