December 20, 2014 | 1310 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Extra Dimension - Zestful

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ZESTFUL EXTRA DIMENSION EYESHADOW. Originally released with the In Extra Dimension Collection (Spring/Summer 2013). MAC describes this color as "pale iridescent lime." When I saw the swatches online, the color looked very pastel with very little iridescence. I had no intentions of picking this up. When I saw the color in the packing, it looked orgasmically beautiful and very iridescent and so I quickly snatched up it. When I got it home and began to actually play with it, I became slightly less impressed with it. First of all, I realized that I had a few eyeshadows that looked similar and some that I liked better than this.

(1) MAC ZESTFUL (MZ) VS. MAC UNIVERSAL MIX PIGMENT (MUMP): I always thought that MUMP was a white pigment with a green iridescence, but the iridescence is actually gold. MUMP is actually a white pigment with a gold iridescence, while MZ is actually a pastel lime with green iridescence. The texture of MZ is much smoother.

(2) MAC ZESTFUL (MZ) VS. MAC WHITE GOLD PIGMENT (MWGP): MWGP is really a white pigment with green iridescence, while MZ is a pastel lime with green iridescence. The texture of MZ is smoother.

(3) MAC ZESTFUL (MZ) VS. ARAMNI EYES TO KILL #23 MADRE PERLA (ETK #23): If you looks at ETK #23 alone, it looks like a mix of pink and green iridescence, . However, when you compare ETK #23 to any of the other shadows I discuss in this review, it is looks very blue and very pink and much, much cooler toned, to the point of looking ashy.

(4) MAC ZESTFUL (MZ) VS. LANCOME FASHION FOWARD (LFF): Note: Lancome's Fashion Forward is the same color as Body Shop Eye Shimmer in Green (BSYS) and as Hawkwind in the Kat Von D Gypsy palette (KVDH). LFF, BSYS, and KVDH are the most similar to MZ. However, they are greener than MZ. In comparison to these three shades, MZ looks yellow-green. The iridescence in LFF, BSYS, and KVDH is stronger than in MZ. For these reasons, I prefer LFF, BSYS, and KVDH to MZ.