July 31, 2014 | 1506 users online

Cleansers - Ulta - Renew Hydra Quench Foaming Oil Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wow, this stuff is bad. If you want to dry out your skin to like almost cracking, get this. It's seriously the worst cleanser I have ever tried. It stripped my skin so badly I could feel the skin stretching in a bad way.

It left it looking flaky and red. Nothing good to say about this crap. It's overpriced too. You would get better results from a bar of cheap soap. I have NO idea why this says hydrating on it. It's like the Mohave Desert on my face. It dries it out so badly I need to re-wet my face and apply deep moisturizer asap. It's that bad.

It didn't even clean my face that great. I used toner after and it was still showing stuff. The lathering on this is a joke. Just a crap product all around, avoid at all costs.

Also, it seriously burns. Like bad. DO NOT get it ANYWHERE near your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

So glad I bought a trial tube of this, and not the full size bottle (the high price of which caused me to raise an eyebrow). I love cleansing oils generally, but I really don't love this one. To start with, it is not an oil texture at all, but a thick gel, very much like your run-of-the-mill face wash. Working it into a lather is a bit of a challenge, and most of the time, it never happens at all. So what you're left with is applying the slippery gel onto your wet face, which doesn't feel all that pleasant. It rinses off pretty cleanly. Worst of all, it burns like crazy, so don't even think of getting it anywhere near your eyes.
The only plus is that my skin feels soft afterwards, but I often have to do a second cleanse because the first time never removes all the makeup. Overall, I just don't think it's worth the trouble.
This is a foaming cleanser at best, but as an oil cleanser, it has an incredibly long way to go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

This was horrid. It burned, and it burned, and it still burned. I tried lathering as stated on the bottle, it wouldn't unless my face was dripping wet. My eyes burned when they were closed tight. They burned when I used a warm, wet washcloth. They burned when I used the washcloth and rinsing with warm water with just my hands. They burned through any way I tried using the product.

On the plus side, it DOES remove eye makeup while it burns your eyeballs and the insides of your eyelids and tear ducts. Not a great price for such a burn. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many others, this cleansing oil burned the heck out of my eyes. Mind you, I was careful to keep my eyes closed, and followed the recommendation from a review on the Ulta website to lather my (tightly closed) eye area last. No dice, it still burned like the dickens. I'll be returning this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I too was trying to save some money so I bought this instead of my usual HG DHC cleansing oil. You're supposed to apply to wet skin which seemed odd to me, but I did it. Your face and hands need to be really wet to make a smooth lather, otherwise it's really sticky and hard to move around. I usually only have to swirl around my closed eyes a few times to feel my HG break up all the mascara, but I had to work really hard and long before I felt that with this brand. And it also burned the shit of my eyes too even tho they were tightly shut. After I rinsed and looked in the mirror I still had eyeliner left on. wtf? Oil cleansers are supposed to be the best at removing makeup so this is a major fail. It also made my face and hands feel super dry and tight. I'll be returning and going back to my $30 DHC.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mixedtape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was about out of my HG oil cleanser, Origins Clean Energy, and I wanted to try and save some $. I had an Ulta coupon so I bought this and tried it last night. Not.good. In fact, it was pretty awful. For the record, I have also tried Josie Maran, MAC and Shiseido oil cleansers. I love massaging oil cleansers into dry skin then adding water to make a creamy foam. This one was super thick and sticky and impossible to massage into my dry face. And when I added water, it was still not easy to work with. It burned around my eyes and even though my eyes were clenched shut, it got into my eyes and burned like crazy! And it took forever to rinse off! In short, I hated it, will return it tomorrow and buy my 3rd bottle of the Origins.