July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Scrubs - Biore - Acne Clearing Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why this product has so many bad reviews. It's honestly the best drugstore acne product I've found. So to get started, I have moderate acne. I recently switched to this scrub and I didn't expect such great results overnight. When you apply it it's very refreshing and tingly and gives you a very clean feeling. Also the smell is very fruity and bearable. Anyways, the next morning I woke up suprised. My skin was not only 90% noticeably clearer but my skin was very smooth and polished. Couldn't believe it. I use this product morning and night. Unbeatable!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by LinaGranita

LONG REVIEW BUT WORTH TO READ: So I bought this scrub the other day and I looked at the reviews afterwards and found that a lot of people didn't like this product. As you can see in the comments below, it has irritated some people's skin which i'm not sure why because I have sensitive/dry skin and this didn't do anything to me. First let me say it is very rare that you find an acne prone product that doesn't make your skin dry. As per example, Proactiv which has a history of working very well, dry's out your skin but if i'm not mistaking all acne prone skin products have a certain ingredient that is effective and works to get rid of your acne but it also makes your skin dry so it's highly important that when it comes to these types of products, you need to use a good moisturizer afterwards (I use Nivea overnight repair). To add to this, I also use Michael Todd Skin Defender and it also drys out my skin, I'm still trying to figure out if I like this product as it made my skin breakout. I can't say i'm full of acne but I do have breakouts here and there, more like hives kind of pimples as I have sensitive skin. I used Biore Acne Scrub yesterday and I must say that I LOVE IT. I love it because I really felt like it cleansed my skin and the after feeling was amazing! You get this mild sting and fresh feeling which I never had with any product and I must say when I woke up this morning, my breakouts were practically gone (it's still there but it's improved by a lot). I don't feel like this is something to use everyday but i'm going to switch between this product and my Michael Todd cleanser. I also used the Biore Acne Scrub with a facial cleansing brush which I bought from Quo for 7$ CDN. I bought this scrub on special for 6.99CDN which to me was worth every penny. Again, the after feeling is what I like the most and of course the quick results. Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by asaucerfulofblush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the worst face wash I've ever used. It made my face really dry. I also noticed after using it a few times, my face got really red and irritated, and would stay that way. Not only did it not help my acne, it made it worse than it has ever been. As soon a i stopped using it my face cleared up. If you have sensitive skin like me, don't even think about it. Even if you don't, actually. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Jclotfel

I first used this product at night and by morning I had a horrible itching sensation on my chin and even though I never touched or itches it the itching spread to my hole face. By the next morning 90% of my face was covered in itchy red pusstules. I had to pay 75$ to go to the dermatologist and then had to get prescriptions for inti-inflammatory and steroids. I had to take off a hole week of school because of the horrific painful rash. It has now been a week and my face is still covered. Even though some people have seen positive results from this product DO NOT risk it! Just read the ingredients and you will find so many harsh unnesesay chemicals. This had been the worst experience of my life! Do not buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lovelydana

LOOOVE this scrub. Only started using it a couple weeks ago, but I am beyond satisfied. First, the smell is GREAT - very citrus-y and bright-smelling, wonderful to wake you up in the morning. Second, it lathers and feels so great on the skin. It's definitely not too harsh for daily use. And when you rinse it off, you experience this wonderful cooling feeling that just makes you feel so clean and fresh. I even think it's been clearing up my acne! Definitely just found my HG scrub, and for only about $6! LOVELOVELOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by chalaynay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have moderate acne and I bought this with high expectations considering that I was supposed to see clearer skin within 2 days (which it didn't do, it took me about a week or two to see results). I used a whole bottle and saw improvement but not as much as I wanted. I noticed it works better when you leave it on for a couple minutes before rinsing it off so the salicylic acid can really sink in. Also I noticed it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate in it which is not really good for the skin. One thing it did do was improve the texture of my skin. My skin feels smooth as a baby now, besides the bumps. It really did clear my complexion too! Some of my dark spots have faded. I like using this in the morning because of the scent and refreshing, cooling feeling it gives me. It wakes me up and my face feels really clean after I rinse. (It rinses really easily but sometimes the beads get stuck in the sink) For the price it is a good exfoliating cleanser. It didn't break me out or anything and didn't leave my skin dry or tight either. I'd say this is wonderful for mild acne.

I have another bottle left and I'm going to try it again and see if I get better results. I will update this review later on after I have made my decision.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ngirl292

Oh my god. I loved this product!!!! After the first wash, my face stung fro like 2 seconds, but then it felt so clean and refreshed and after my skin dried, I could hardly feel any more of my disgusting pimples and most of my skin was so smooth! I have only used this twice, and my face has gone from pimples all over to only about 2 or 3 on each cheek! I LOVE IT!!! I will definitely get this again, and it has seriously improved my skin by the load. I think it was decently priced, because it was around 7 dollars, but I saw a lot of other products were nearly $20, so I decided to try this and I was just MIND BLOWN. The scent is not my favorite, but I love this product. It is a must!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Penny7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this product for the first time today, and the first thing I noticed was the scent. It smells like a mixture of Vick's vapor rub, plastic, and citrus, which was unappealing. While I was washing my face, my eyes were burning. The exfoliating beads in it are pretty soft, so it doesn't really feel like a scrub. It feels more like a regular cleanser with some chunks in it, kind of like tapioca pudding. After I rinsed it off, my skin did feel clean, and somewhat cool and tingly, which was refreshing. I applied my moisturizer like normal, and a few hours later, my skin started to feel irritated. Just a slight burning sensation, but enough to cause discomfort. I feel like if it irritated my skin within a few hours of the first use, this product probably won't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by annette143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worse product ever!my skin had an allergic break out to this scrub!it was one of the worse break outs I've had.horrible product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this because I had a coupon so it was about $2. This is one of the best scrubs I have ever tried. It does smell great but the fragrance has not bothered my super sensitive skin at all. I love the texture of this. The beads are just right. They smooth my skin out without any irritation and remove my makeup well. I will definitely repurchase. I can see this tube lasting a while as it only takes a small amount to work up a nice lather. Highly recommend.