April 18, 2014 | 904 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody Styling Essentials- Thinning Shears

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

I've wanted to cut my own hair forever to save money, but I've always been so afraid. Finally, weeks of scheduling conflicts with my salon, and desperation for a haircut drove me to the breaking point, and I decided to go for it!

I'm very much a DIY person with all things beauty, so I really don't know what took me so long to cut my own hair; after using these, and following farahdhukai's video on youtube to the T, I can honestly say I will never be going back to a salon. Not that I didn't love my salon- I did! But I usually spent about $65 per cut, and the cost of all my materials was less than half that. I also know myself well, and know exactly what I want from a haircut, so after following Farah's video, I was able to trim and edit to my liking. I'm in college, and at such a high price for a cut, I could only afford to get it done every 3 monthes, and my hair was miserable by then.

I have very long, thin blonde hair that's prone to breakage, and is easily weighed down by products. I know typically you wouldn't use thinning shears on fine hair, but it worked out extremely well for me- weight is the enemy of thin hair!! These shears also helped blended the layers very well.

In addition to these, I bought a small, simple pair of shears just for touch ups!

If you're looking to start cutting your hair at home, I highly recommend these shears ($9 on Amazon!) and checking out Farah's video!

Happy Styling! :)