November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Jouer - Matte Moisture Tint

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this due to its great texture and light/medium coverage, but here's why I won't be buying it again:

1. The best matching shade for my NC25 skin is Nude, but the undertone is a bit too neutral/not yellow enough for me (NARS Ceylan). For $38 + tax, it had better be perfect!

2. I went to the gym one night and had an intense weightlifting session (streams of sweat dripping down my face). To my horror, I looked into the mirror and saw that the Jouer TM was coming off with my sweat! I've had just as intense workouts while wearing NARS tinted moisturizer and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer and they never ever melted with sweat. You might be like "who wears makeup to the gym?!" uhhhh maybe people who put on makeup in the morning and go to the gym after work, duhh. I go to the gym at least twice a week and I can't be worrying about looking like I got fat free milk thrown all over my face.

3. SPF 15 is too minimal which requires me to layer a higher SPF underneath. Not a problem but just another step I have to add to my routine.

My advice is just to get a sample because everyone's skin/body chemistry is different and what works for one person might not work for another and vice versa. But in case you have the same concerns as I do, then hopefully this will help you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I LOVE this tint. It is exactly what I need for everyday use as a mom and it's super easy to apply and stays put. It evens out my skin immediately and moisturizes quickly. It lasts on me for about 7 hours without any problems.

I am hoping to buy this in full size asap but the price is putting me off for now at $38. This ia great stuff and very high end in feel and texture. Definitely worth the price. I got this in Linen and it matched perfectly. I am NW20 in MAC, Maybelline I am creamy natural, and Revlon I am Nude in Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lndtng

I've struggled with shiny skin for a long time and found it difficult to find a product that maintained a matte appearance. I usually use the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation in Classic Ivory, which is alright, but I wanted something that was lighter on my skin for everyday use. Since I've heard only good reviews on the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, I thought I'd just splurge (I'm more of a drugstore girl, because I'm horrible at picking shades and whatnot).
I was very impressed with this product. Of course, I didn't expect it to last all-day, but it maintains a matte appearance for majority of my day even without powder, and it is so light on the skin. My skin tone is more of a "darker side of light", if that makes any sense, and purchase this in the shade "linen". I could probably go for one shade up though. Maybe next time!

Tip: Product is not extremely moisturising, so want to add a little bit of your own moisturiser underneath before applying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I'm really impressed with this stuff. It provides very full coverage if you build it up/use concealer, and really does stay matte. With a primer and Urban Decay Deslick, I find it rivals my Revlon CS in terms of staying power. The color match (I'm the shade Nude) is so spot on that I don't even have to bring it down onto my neck, and with some bronzer it looks radiant.

I have extremely hard-to-cover skin, with large pores and eczema. This stuff does a great job while still feeling lightweight. My skin gets irritated easily too, and this doesn't seem to bother it.

The only downside is that it's hard to find, unless you want to pay more for shipping to order online.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I've been using this for a week or two now and my skin is loving this.
I'm wearing the lightest shade called Porcelain on my NC15/NC20 skin. (In the summer it's NC20, in the winter NC15, but as it's summer right now and I'm using a high amount of SPF it's a combination of the two)

My skin is combination and dehydrated. My Tzone can get oily but it still lacking moisture. My forhead and cheeks break out from heavy oils or thick moisturizers/foundations. This means I struggle alot with finding foundations and skincare. I normally stay away from everything that's either matte or glowy and go for the inbetween satin finish.

This TM is satin, leaning towards matte, but it's not drying at all! It covers up my acne scars on my cheeks perfectly.This is the first TM i've ran into that's actually not dewy. Don't get me wrong I love a dewy finish but my large pores next to my nose and my forhead hate after a couple of hours. (My HG used to be YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat cause of the beautiful luminous finish, but i had to blot and powder 4 times a day and at the end of the day my foundation was gone). If your skin is dehydrated or leans a bit more to the drying side you have to put a bit of moisturizer under this first. It's not going to do the job on its own.

A tiny downside is that it tends to cling to dry patches if you have those. I have one or two at the moment and it shows, that's why i'm giving it 4 lippies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by amandeaux

I love this for daily makeup base.
The coverage is just enough to show some skin yet even out my complexion.
Most of it would be gone at the end of my day due to my oiliness yet since wearing this, I have not had any breakout at all.
Will always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by SaraDLueders

I had heard so many raves about this so I but the bullet and bought it. I'm the lightest shade and I need to warm it up with bronzer a bit but other than that the shade is good. It makes my skin look pretty flawless it will break up a few hours after application and I noticed to next day I had a lot of extra blackheads on my face. I might try again but blackheads are gross so who knows

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Atellez

This is matte and I found my shade but what I didn't like is how my skin looks oily after a few hours. I heard that this was a long wearing and bought it online. In the winter after a few hours it gets oily and I need to touch up. I can only imagine that this isn't going to work at all in the summer. I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this product, but I don't think it's the best if you have oily/combo skin. When I first bought this last summer, I hated it. I found that it didn't even apply matte and would disappear off of my face within a few hours. I started wearing it again during the fall/winter when my skin was getting drier (but still oily) and found that it was the best foundation for my skin. It gave my skin extra moisture in the areas that needed it, but was oily controlling enough for my skin during the cold months. If you have very oily skin like I do in the summertime, I don't think this will keep you matte long enough. This has light coverage that can be built up to medium. I wear this in the shade Chamomile (NC42 in MAC.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This unexpectedly became my favorite foundation!!
Even though it's called a moisture tint, it actually gives me medium coverage.
I have oily skin and i still have to blot on certain days, but that's with any foundation.
I've had my bottle for over a year, it seriously lasts forever!!
It gives me the nicest coverage and makes my skin look pretty darn flawless.
I use a Sigma F80 brush and i go round and round in circles, first one direction and then the other.
I love the finish and it lasts all day without primer on.