April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Jouer - Matte Moisture Tint

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this product, but I don't think it's the best if you have oily/combo skin. When I first bought this last summer, I hated it. I found that it didn't even apply matte and would disappear off of my face within a few hours. I started wearing it again during the fall/winter when my skin was getting drier (but still oily) and found that it was the best foundation for my skin. It gave my skin extra moisture in the areas that needed it, but was oily controlling enough for my skin during the cold months. If you have very oily skin like I do in the summertime, I don't think this will keep you matte long enough. This has light coverage that can be built up to medium. I wear this in the shade Chamomile (NC42 in MAC.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This unexpectedly became my favorite foundation!!
Even though it's called a moisture tint, it actually gives me medium coverage.
I have oily skin and i still have to blot on certain days, but that's with any foundation.
I've had my bottle for over a year, it seriously lasts forever!!
It gives me the nicest coverage and makes my skin look pretty darn flawless.
I use a Sigma F80 brush and i go round and round in circles, first one direction and then the other.
I love the finish and it lasts all day without primer on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this in the color Linen, too yellow, so I reordered it in Nude-perfect! I am a cool neutral so it's sometimes hard to find just the right shade. I have found that applying with my Beauty blender is best. It makes me look airbrushed. So pretty, but never cakey or heavy. It leaves a nice matte finish without making you look flat or dull. I set it with some Chanel transparent powder, just perfect. I found that it stayed on oil free for about 6 hours, the color had not faded at all. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but oh well. The older I become-I'm 55, I look better with less heavy foundations. Everything now just looks so heavy and blah, so I was very impressed when I tried this tinted moisturizer. I look like I am made up but it's casual and light and natural but better. If that makes sense. I will repurchase, when you find something that works, stay with it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

I wanted to love this so much. Everyone claims it's the best for oily skin gals (that's me)... but I was a bit dissapointed.
I like the finish it gives but it doesn't last very long. To be honest I haven't worn it much because the shade is a bit too light for me (that's my mistake, I'm terrible with picking shades) so I should probably give it another chance. Let's just say my expectations were a little to high for this one- anyone with combantion/oily skin knows its virtually impossible to find a long lasting foundation that doesn't look chalky or unbelievably shiny.

UPDATE: I gave this a couple more chances, and I have to say I really like it now. I feel as if it would work amazingly in the summer more than the winter though. It clings to dry patches a bit but other than that it smooths out your skin and creates a "your skin but better" look (very light coverage, which is perfect for those who, like me, hate the feeling of makeup on your face). When I initially used it I builded it up a bit too much, so I wasn't loving it... But now I just apply it to the centre of my face where I need a little bit of coverage and my skin looks much more uniform and silky. I'm going to purchase this in a darker shade so I can use it in the summer! But I added a lippie because although my first impression was a bit dissapointing, after using it a couple more times I really really like it.
That said, if you're a fan of the dewy look, you won't like this. But if you're looking for a light, skin-like, refining product, then look this way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Ok, so this product has been quite a nightmare for me to use until I tried something different with it which I will talk about in a minute.
I got this in the shade Linen which is a perfect match for my NC 20 skin (light with yellow undertones). The texture is nice and creamy, however since this is a matte formula even on my oily/combo skin it was super difficult to spread evenly and I constantly had to use a beautyblender to make this work for me.
I was surprised to see so many youtubers use this and it looked so effortless and flawless on them, especially after they topped it with other powders on top. Well let me tell you, I tried so many powders over this tinted moisturizer from drugstore to highend and it ALWAYS looked awfully dry and accentuated my pores like crazy. So for awhile I complete gave up on this product (and good thing I bought this on ebay for a discounted price).
And what was worse is that this moisturizer remained matte for seriously about an hour and then turned into a greasy mess and was sliding off my face (and I am not even that oily!)
BUT then recently I received a few samples of Clinique's moisture surge gel cream and while trying it, I realized that it sort of felt like a primer as well as a moisturizer. So, I applied the Jouer matte tint over the Clinique and a miracle happened! My face felt so smooth and supple and the Jouer product applied much easier and actually lasted on my face for an entire day.
So, I believe the moral of the story is that even if you have oily or oily/combo skin like me it is best to moisturizer before using this product. I think the word "tinted moisturizer" is misleading because it actually feels more like a light foundation and needs to be applied over a smooth, hydrated surface.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After seeing so many reviews of this product on youtube and seeing the beauty community rave about it, I ordered this in the color Nude (I'm about NC30). I'll admit that it does go on very smooth and provides decent coverage considering it's a tinted moisturizer as opposed to a foundation. However, for my skin type (very very oily, acne-prone), this product just didn't do much for me. I really wanted to like it and it felt great and light weight on my skin, but it did nothing in terms of oil-control and I think it might have broken me out.

I think this product is great if you have good skin to begin with and are looking for something to just even out your skin tone. Unfortunately, I need something with a bit more coverage and staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i liked this at first..but then it started giving me cystic acne, which i never get. it would go away when i stopped using it and come back when i started again. besides that, i guess i could use it as a concealer or something. i wouldnt consider it very matte though. it feels very silicone-y going on, and its matte for about 20 or 30 mins, then i get really oily as usual. i would have probably bought one (i used a sample for a few weeks) if it didnt break me out. i guess it would be good for normal or combination skin but not for truly oily people and be careful if you tend to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sashaMambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a mini sample of this through Birchbox. A couple of days ago I decided to try it out for the first time. Usually, I stay away from tinted moisturizers because A.) the oil in them makes me break out B.) the coverage is not enough for my imperfections. Since this is oil free, I figured what the hay. I am very impressed by this product. Though the coverage is not very heavy, it is enough for me. It makes me skin/makeup look very natural. I have been brushing a bit of Bare Minerals foundation over a couple of places on my face that needed a little bit more coverage. This makes my skin look flawless. I also am impressed by how matte it stays. Traditionally, I have oily skin, but this has done a good job of staying on during the day and not looking greasy. It also has not made my skin break out so far. I am an avid ingredient reader and do not see anything to worry about in this list of ingredients. I am going to repurchase a big bottle of this to wear for the winter. The only downfall of this product for some is that it does not seem to be overly moisturizing. My skin is pretty dry right now from my other products/change of season. I do feel like I would need to use a little bit of my moisturizer or a moisturizing prime before I apply this. I also wish the price was lower. The cost for a 1.7 oz bottle is $37.00. However, I have heard if you sign up for e-mails on their website, they will send a 50% off coupon. I have fair skin with pink undertones, blonde hair and green eyes- the color "linen" looks very natural on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by vwaratah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS!! I have been using it for over a month and even though my skin is quite acne-prone, this product doesn't make me break out at all. It lasts all day and you don't even need to use a setting powder over it since it gives a smooth, velvet finish and I have very oily skin. During the day, if my face begins to get shiny, oily, I will just dab a clean tissue paper over my face and voila! matte, beautiful skin. As for the coverage, I think it gives decent coverage since it covers my acne scars very well. However, I don't think this TM would suit dry skin since it probably stick to any dry patches on the face. Also, I think it's a bit overpriced though but I will purchase it again when I'm run out because I just love love love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by SallyB20

I had bought this a couple weeks after I saw a review on YouTube from (missglamorazzi) she raved about this how it evens out your skin tone. so first I did my research on where I could find this and go try it out so Nordstrom's sells this but since jouer is not sold at every Nordstrom store I was bummed :/since there was none around my area only online the price for this online from Nordstrom was around 38.00 so I kept on looking because I didn't want to pay that much since I didn't know if it would go with my skin so I found this from another website and I made an offer the seller sold it to me for 20.00 :)))) when I received it, it came sealed and everything. when I first squeezed the tube the formula is thick not of a tinted moisturizer that was really nice so I felt as if it did more than its title. it even out my skin tone and looked very nice the coverage is in my opinion light to medium its buildable. I purchased this in the shade nude. I will say this I do not recommend this for summer time or when you are in the sunny hot weather. this does have glitter so I apply a powder over this to set it as well as concealer for my under eye or any blemish. I was so happy with this that I bought a second tube for when I run out since the seller does sell out quick and only sometimes they have it I was like I have to get me another tube :)))))
There are five shades in the matte tint
1. PORCELAIN-for fair complexions