Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil

4.8

on 3/24/2015 11:43:00 AM

Love this oil. I've tried many and this leaves my hair silky, healthy, shiny with no residue or weight. I do have other oils I use for scalp massage (mainly because I bought them and want to use them up) but they are TOO heavy for daily use along my long hair. This can be used on damp or dry hair and is considered a heat protectant by Oribe.

Won't be without it.

on 2/28/2015 5:50:00 PM

WOW! I love this product. I can certainly tell when I use this because my hair is softer, shiny and looks healthier. It IS pricey. I know that there are products that come close, however, having tried so many other products (from drug store to Fekkai, Paul Mitchell, Lazartique, Leonor Greyl, etc.) I can honestly say this is a winner. The only other product that has ever come close is Macadamia Healing Oil, but it tends to weigh down my hair. This is awesome. I highly recommend it. Yes, it's pricey but a little goes a long way. The pump makes it easier and it's a nonslip, raised front so it makes it easier to hold. There is no obnoxious superslip feel to it and it's plastic container is not a detractor because, honestly, the design of the color, etc. is really luxurious looking.

on 2/22/2015 4:45:00 AM

I received a small sample of this months ago and finally used up my keratin gold hair oil just in time to buy yesterday at Neiman Marcus's beauty event. I only keep one hair oil on hand, and it has to be good. I use this from my ears down, on my toweled dry hair, and also once a day in-between shampoos. I have a ton of shoulder length t fine hair. This is the only styling product I use, except in "frizz" season, I use the Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidty Spray. I am 56 years old and want to avoid that "cotton ball hair" texture and this handles it well. This product doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It doesn't matter if I blow dry or let my hair dry naturally, it keeps my hair "swinging" without "sticking".. I have a lot of hair, and it takes a very small amount to get big results.

on 2/15/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this oil, I will never be without it. I agree with the woman who said her hair "drinks this" as mine does too. It is full of nourishing oils that are absorbed into my hair, rather than coating hair with silicones. It leaves my hair looking so shiny and healthy. I have long, fine, straight, highlighted hair and I often use hot tools. This virtually eliminates the dry crunchy ends that i used to encounter. HG, worth every penny.

on 1/28/2015 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like this oil. My thick hair seems to drink it, although I avoid the roots as it can weigh it down a little bit. It gives nice shine and the result is much softer than normal. I will definitely buy this again when I run out. I like to cover one hand in a thin layer and rub it into the other hand before running it through the lengths of my hair. I mix this with the Oribe supershine moisturizing cream, although it is lovely on its own too.

on 12/29/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The salon I go to uses Oribe products, and because of that, my hairdresser has turned me on to his brand. This oil is so luxe! I have tried many hair oils on the market, but nothing compares to this. Gold Lust is moisturizing and smoothing, but actually light - your hair will not be weighed down. The smell is just heavenly, a little goes a long way (I use two pumps total for my bra-strap length hair), and it does not build up. I usually use this all on its own, but lately I've combined it with a bit of Oribe's Split End Seal on my ends for a bit more polish. One last note: I always just air dry my hair with this, but when used before a blow out, it makes hair unbelievably soft and smooth!

on 3/12/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I generally only apply one pump (if not a half pump) full of this product to below ear level/ends of my towel-dried hair and let my hair dry naturally. Once dried, my hair is shiny, not frizzy or oily or weighed down, and has retained its slight natural wave. Occasionally I will apply this product again to the ends of my hair (scrunching) after I've blown it out just to give my hair a bit of a "lived in" look. It's no secret that Oribe products are expensive, but I love the scent and one 3.4 oz bottle will last me forever. Are there better performing products that are also cheaper out on the market? Most likely. Is this a groundbreaking unique formula? Obviously not, but it works for me, and I enjoy the Oribe scent so I don't mind paying beaucoup bucks for this stuff!

Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, coconut alkanes, dimethiconol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, crambe abyssinica seed oil, coco-caprylate/caprate, limnathes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, argania spinosa kernel oil, tocopherol, parfum/fragrance, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, orbignya speciosa kernel oil, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, phellodendron amurense bark extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil, citrullus lanatus (watermelon) fruit extract, litchi chinensis (lychee) fruit extract, lenotopodium alpinum (edelweiss) flower/leaf extract, TBHQ, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, citral.

on 1/23/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I haven't used a hair oil in years. They just don't work on my fine hair, especially the kind that's used as a styling aid rather than as a wash out treatment. But seriously, wow. This stuff is just amazing and makes my hair look and feel like silk. Whenever I use this my hair is the softest I've ever felt it and it really protects my hair during blowdrying and flat ironing. I find myself compulsively running my hands through the ends of my hair throughout the day just to feel it. Sounds strange I know but I can't help it.

It's a clear, lightweight oil with a thin, non-sticky consistency. Runny but not watery. I need about half a pump (a few drops) and I rub it between my hands then work it into the length of my damp hair starting with the ends first. I use it with the Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream before blowdrying. It helps detangle too. My hair feels so nourished afterwards and it still holds a style well. No residue, not at all oily to the touch, no limp, stringy looking ends. It feels like nothing in the best possible way. And it smells so pretty! Very faint but feminine and it doesn't linger long. Just a soft, fresh, natural scent.

For reference my hair is bottom of the shoulder blade length with long layers, highlighted, with natural wave. It's fine but I have tons of it and it's generally very healthy. With the right products my hair holds a style well, which is good since I usually wear it in loose waves or curls from my flatiron.

The packaging isn't the best though. It's a plastic bottle with a removable cap and a pump dispenser and it feels flimsy to me. The cap seals well and I'm not worried about leaks but the pump doesn't work smoothly so either it dispenses way too much or not enough. I wish it were in a glass bottle with a better pump.

Overall this is wonderful. The bottle's going to last me forever but I'll be repurchasing this in a hot second when the time comes. If you have a similar hair type then this would be a great product to try out. I imagine it's perfect for so many hair types though.

on 9/22/2013 8:34:00 PM

I purchased this after falling in love with Oribe Royal Blowout. I have a lot of fine, highlighted blonde hair with a slight natural wave, and I haven't had much luck with hair oils (they make my hair heavy, attract dirt, and cause back/neck breakouts). Gold Lust is somehow different. I blow dry my hair straight each morning with Royal Blowout and use the oil after using my flat iron. I use less than 1 full pump and smooth it on the bottom 1/2 of my hair. It seems to sit on my hair for a minute, then sinks in. I agree with the previous reviewer that the oil is more therapeutic than for styling...it does seem to nourish and re-moisturize my hair after heat styling. This is expensive, but a better value than Royal Blowout, since it will last me at least a year with daily use.

on 7/15/2013 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

We have been experiencing really hot and humid weather in NY this year and like everyone else my hair has been doing a crazy dance. I wanted to try this product just out of sheer curiosity. My daughter's hair loves Morrocan oil but mine hates it, and it weighs my hair down like nobody's business. This is a very nice, non sticky serum which added tons of shine and moisture. But the only downside to this product is you need to use more than necessary to get the desired effect, that is a big bummer, since its priced at 48$ for 3.4 oz. Oribe is a non sticky oil, dunno how they did that, doesn't leave any film in the hands and smells just like D&G Light Blue. The big plus after using this product is no poofy hair and frizz. Oh I have to mention this again it smells fab and for the first time I wish the smell lingered on but unfortunately its gone almost immediately after u apply this to the hair.
Both Morrocan Oil and Kerastase Ultime Elixir are both thick and greasy, though the Kerastase performs much better than Morrocan oil for me. Oribe beats Kerastase Elixir Ultime to the dust.

Popular Styling Products