September 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Styling Products - Oribe - Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally only apply one pump (if not a half pump) full of this product to below ear level/ends of my towel-dried hair and let my hair dry naturally. Once dried, my hair is shiny, not frizzy or oily or weighed down, and has retained its slight natural wave. Occasionally I will apply this product again to the ends of my hair (scrunching) after I've blown it out just to give my hair a bit of a "lived in" look. It's no secret that Oribe products are expensive, but I love the scent and one 3.4 oz bottle will last me forever. Are there better performing products that are also cheaper out on the market? Most likely. Is this a groundbreaking unique formula? Obviously not, but it works for me, and I enjoy the Oribe scent so I don't mind paying beaucoup bucks for this stuff!

Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, coconut alkanes, dimethiconol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, crambe abyssinica seed oil, coco-caprylate/caprate, limnathes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, argania spinosa kernel oil, tocopherol, parfum/fragrance, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, orbignya speciosa kernel oil, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, phellodendron amurense bark extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil, citrullus lanatus (watermelon) fruit extract, litchi chinensis (lychee) fruit extract, lenotopodium alpinum (edelweiss) flower/leaf extract, TBHQ, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, citral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't used a hair oil in years. They just don't work on my fine hair, especially the kind that's used as a styling aid rather than as a wash out treatment. But seriously, wow. This stuff is just amazing and makes my hair look and feel like silk. Whenever I use this my hair is the softest I've ever felt it and it really protects my hair during blowdrying and flat ironing. I find myself compulsively running my hands through the ends of my hair throughout the day just to feel it. Sounds strange I know but I can't help it.

It's a clear, lightweight oil with a thin, non-sticky consistency. Runny but not watery. I need about half a pump (a few drops) and I rub it between my hands then work it into the length of my damp hair starting with the ends first. I use it with the Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream before blowdrying. It helps detangle too. My hair feels so nourished afterwards and it still holds a style well. No residue, not at all oily to the touch, no limp, stringy looking ends. It feels like nothing in the best possible way. And it smells so pretty! Very faint but feminine and it doesn't linger long. Just a soft, fresh, natural scent.

For reference my hair is bottom of the shoulder blade length with long layers, highlighted, with natural wave. It's fine but I have tons of it and it's generally very healthy. With the right products my hair holds a style well, which is good since I usually wear it in loose waves or curls from my flatiron.

The packaging isn't the best though. It's a plastic bottle with a removable cap and a pump dispenser and it feels flimsy to me. The cap seals well and I'm not worried about leaks but the pump doesn't work smoothly so either it dispenses way too much or not enough. I wish it were in a glass bottle with a better pump.

Overall this is wonderful. The bottle's going to last me forever but I'll be repurchasing this in a hot second when the time comes. If you have a similar hair type then this would be a great product to try out. I imagine it's perfect for so many hair types though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by FightinFlab

I purchased this after falling in love with Oribe Royal Blowout. I have a lot of fine, highlighted blonde hair with a slight natural wave, and I haven't had much luck with hair oils (they make my hair heavy, attract dirt, and cause back/neck breakouts). Gold Lust is somehow different. I blow dry my hair straight each morning with Royal Blowout and use the oil after using my flat iron. I use less than 1 full pump and smooth it on the bottom 1/2 of my hair. It seems to sit on my hair for a minute, then sinks in. I agree with the previous reviewer that the oil is more therapeutic than for styling...it does seem to nourish and re-moisturize my hair after heat styling. This is expensive, but a better value than Royal Blowout, since it will last me at least a year with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

We have been experiencing really hot and humid weather in NY this year and like everyone else my hair has been doing a crazy dance. I wanted to try this product just out of sheer curiosity. My daughter's hair loves Morrocan oil but mine hates it, and it weighs my hair down like nobody's business. This is a very nice, non sticky serum which added tons of shine and moisture. But the only downside to this product is you need to use more than necessary to get the desired effect, that is a big bummer, since its priced at 48$ for 3.4 oz. Oribe is a non sticky oil, dunno how they did that, doesn't leave any film in the hands and smells just like D&G Light Blue. The big plus after using this product is no poofy hair and frizz. Oh I have to mention this again it smells fab and for the first time I wish the smell lingered on but unfortunately its gone almost immediately after u apply this to the hair.
Both Morrocan Oil and Kerastase Ultime Elixir are both thick and greasy, though the Kerastase performs much better than Morrocan oil for me. Oribe beats Kerastase Elixir Ultime to the dust.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by katematch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is THE BEST hair oil on the market. After using both Moroccan and Bumble & bumble for a good length of time, I noticed a huge difference with this one. The oil is much more theraputic than cosmetic - it's making my hair a better quality rather than just slapping some silicones on it to make it feel nice. I can't tell you how much I've grown to hate the feeling of silicone on my hair... This stuff is amazing (despite it's "sensual lubricant" name).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This oil is the business. I used to use Moroccanoil. I used it on and off for two years and I love the way it smells and how soft it makes my hair, but always had to use care. It wouldn't weigh hair down but could. And it smoothed hair, but it didn't appear to actually help the hair. Gold Lust actually changed my hair. My hair ALWAYS had breakage and whiteness at the tips from split ends and broken ends. The Moroccanoil just helped hide the appearance of... Because now I know what actual repair looks like. It's true that I also use other Oribe hair care in conjunction, and it might be a combination, but nonetheless... It speaks volumes to the quality of Oribe haircare. I use this after cleansing my hair, on damp hair through the mid shaft to ends. Sometimes I mix one pump of this oil with their Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream, a great leave-in conditioner/blow dry lotion, if you like that type of thing. On most days I just use the oil, but the cream helps when my hair is particularly dry or damaged. On dry hair in the morning I occasionally pull just a half pump or so through the ends to smooth and cut any frizz from styling. A real hair repairing combo is this after their Signature Moisture Mask.... Whoa! Virgin-like hair! Bottom line: Oribe delivers and this really is liquid gold for the hair! PS: Smells amazing, like all of Oribe products. PPS: For reference, my hair is medium thickness, fine textured, and nearly straight; has a slight wave to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Oribe hair care products and their new Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil is a hit for me .....I just received this literally moments ago and had to write a review because I was that impressed. Background on my hair: my hair is long, wavy and color treated ..... I mix and match both high-end and drugstore hair care items and take care of the health of my hair ..... I'm 90% happy with the health of my hair, however, as long as I can remember I have always noted that the ends only on the the underside of my hair always looks frizzy ..... you cannot tell unless I push my hair over my shoulders and then you see some of the frizzy pieces ..... I have used other oils and styling products and nope nothing has ever smoothed the underside of my hair in the back of my hair (the best I have found is Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Leave in Cream and Essence Absolue Oil, which does help somewhat on those frizzy pieces but not completely.) Well I just received my Oribe Gold Lust and thought that I had a defective bottle and it did not have a pump, and as I was calling customer service to ask them about the lack of pump I noted that the pump was stuck inside the cap and some of the oil leaked into my hands ..... well I rubbed the oil on the frizzy section of my ends and instantly my hair felt smooth ...... I quickly run to a mirror and my hair ends looked as smooth as it felt ...... believe me when I tell you that my frizzy undersides have plagued me since I was a little girl ..... I can hide the sections but I still can feel the pieces ...... Oribe truly did nourish my frizzy pieces ...... I cannot wait to try this tonight on wet hair. I think that by adding the oil to wet hair and then some after styling, it is going to make a huge difference, especially since the oil worked so well on my dry pieces. The product is expensive but the small drops that leaked onto my hands when I was messing around with the cap, were emollient and spread easy ...... the signature scent of Oribe in in the oil but not as heavy (that is my one complaint as I LOVE the signature scent and would have loved more of the scent.) Edited to add: I only use this on wet hair, and have started using Sedu's serum on dry hair which protects my hair from heat damage. 10/13/13 Still love this product, however, I have started using Drybar's 100 Proof Treatment Oil which works just as well however, way cheaper which is a huge plus. 1/29/2014: I have since found Frederic Fekkai's Mending Elixir which beats out every serum I have use prior ....... the Mending Elixir is my #1 choice for my hair and Sedu's Serum is my #1 choice as a heat protectant only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No