Avon Ideal Luminous Blush - Heavenly Pink

on 6/18/2015 11:51:00 PM

Im obsessed with these blushes at the moment. I first tried them awhile ago and really didn't like them, I thought they were TOO pigmented, and not blendable enough. Ive since discovered I was just using the wrong brush. Because the blush is a thin rectangular shape I thought I needed to use a small narrow type brush...this leads to very bright "stripes" on the cheeks-blech! Anyway recently when they were on sale for half price and I saw they had come out with new shades I thought meh why not. Bought 3 new shades: candlelight, warm flush, and warm honey. I applied with a large brush this time and wowie zowie! So pretty and natural. Glowy but not sparkly. Fades as the day goes on but never seems to disappear completely. This had me digging around in my extensive makeup collection for my "old shades" which I had previously written off but refused to throw out. Candlelight is my favourite shade of the moment...cant really describe it...flesh toned? Very soft pinky peach? Whatever its gorgeous. I also discovered I owned classic aura, which looks almost mauve in the pan and on my skin its like a cool "berry" pink. Also today I wore coral radiance which to me looks orange in the pan but wore as a nice peach on my skin, very similar to luminoso. I found all these colors to be very wearable even on my fair skin. The only thing I don't like about these blushes is the ugly bulky compacts they come in which take up far too much space, and the annoying skinny rectangle shape of the blush itself. A very good deal even if you were to pay full price for them...but since its Avon half the fun is buying them for the lowest price possible, and everythings always on sale so its a steal!

on 8/28/2014 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

This is a beautiful blush. I guess I would call it a slightly brighter, clear medium pink with no shimmer. Lasts all day. Just as pretty as the high end blushes I own. Really brightens the face with a pop of color. Nicely pigmented but not so much that I look like a clown. I was curious to see if I had a similar blush in my collection. The closest one I found was the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface. Very similar on the skin. Have to love these Avon blushes. I paid $6 for mine on sale. A beauty bargain.

on 8/28/2014 10:44:00 AM

I'm in LOVE with Avon Ideal Luminous Blush!

I have it in Heavenly Pink which is a soft yet bright pink, perfect for adding that "pop" of color; Antique Rose which is a neutrally pinky/brown every day shade and Coral Radiance which is a true coral perfect for summer on tanned skin.

The formula is buildable and is best when applied with a proper blush brush. The texture is light and easy to blend; it's not chalky or overly sparkly/shimmery. I find that the color lasts all day and I rarely need to reapply unless I want to, not from color fade. The compact has a nice size mirror too, good for on-the-go makeup checks. The brush is like many that come with the product, not really functional but ok in a pinch.

Ideal Luminous Blush is a good quality product at a great price which normally sells for $8.00 but is often on sale for under $6.00 online at Avon.com and in Avon the books.
I will continue to purchase this item as long as Avon keeps selling it.

on 7/26/2013 7:31:00 AM

Oh my gosh! I am in love with it! It is my everyday blush it is pigmented so just by applying a small amount is very noticeable! I use very little for a natural look and i go alittle wild for special occasions and i love using it and i recommend it! It may seem bright but once its on your skin it just looks plain gorgeous (;!

on 4/16/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the pink color of this blush and just had to buy it. I am so glad I did. The color is gorgeous, highly pigmented (a little goes a loooong way), and the color lasts a long time without having to reapply.

Packaging is much nicer than most blushes. It comes in a sleek square black case that pops open at the press of a button. Inside the the top cover is a nice size mirror and a small brush is included.

I bought this for $5.99 on sale and I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Popular Blush Products