July 23, 2014 | 1527 users online

Fragrances - Marni - Eau de parfum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

Marni is one of my favorite designers but unfortunately is well out of my price range. Therefore, while this is not an inexpensive fragrance, I figured it was an OK splurge - not so much a splurge as getting my feet wet into the world of Marni that I hope I can one day join.

Marni wins points for a beautiful bottle and, most of all, a unique and beautiful fragrance. The note I get most is cinnamon; there is something old-fashioned and at once very fresh here. Most modern perfumes, even from top designers, smell like cheap shampoo, and Marni does not follow that trend.

I was wearing this as an everyday fragrance but grew bored with it. I don't know that this is particularly enduring as a result - not an Hermes or Chanel by a longshot - and since the smallest bottle is over 2 ounces, I will have enough to last for probably years. However, its uniqueness makes it special and worth a look for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I wish there was a Maybe for rebuy. I am using a sample for my review. I got it along with a purchase from Nordstroms or something. I have returned to the spritzer at least a dozen times, but I have to be in the mood for this fragrance. I am not sure this is a fragrance anyone else would say "that smells good!" to me if they smelled it. It is medium in body, woody, and may have a bit of cumin in it, which can be a turn off for a lot of folks. Definitely not floral on me (which is fine, I don't like florals). It smells a bit like an alternative store (no patchouli though). Tweeds and woods and outdoors a bit. A little quirky (sorry no other word comes to mind) like the Marni label.

I think if you wear Marni and like their label, it IS a great fit for their brand. But I think it is one of those perfumes that 10% love and 20% are confused and 70% don't like. I am in the confused part. I doubt I will shell out $$$$ for a bottle, but I also know I will be a little sad when my tester runs out.

I guess I'd describe it as a once-a-month perfume for when i am in a certain mood!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by andieam

Someone gave me a bottle, I think it was a re-gift. I know everyone has body chemistry that differs and perhaps on someone it smells ok. It reminds rose perfumes that Grandmothers would wear when I was a child. It is the smokey rose that drys down to a powdery musky scent. This will not work for many women under the age of 70.

It is the worst scent I have tried in years!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a sample of this from Nordstrom. It was among the worst perfumes I've ever smelled. It smelled sharp and unpleasant, like urine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scent took me by surprise because I don't typically go for scents like this; all of the scents I currently own are lighter and more floral. When I first spray this on my skin it's quite spicy and a little woody, and within a few minutes it softens but still maintains these notes. During this stage it's a tad masculine. After maybe 10 minutes, this starts to smell quite rosy on me and it seems to stay this way. I love rose in a fragrance, but this one is unique to me because it's a spicier rose. When the rose emerges the spicy, woody notes from the opening do not disappear, they just recede into the background; I get a sandalwood-y, cinnamon-y rose with a hint of powder that's more feminine than the opening. I want to note that while the rose is spicy and a little powdery, it somehow maintains a freshness and juiciness that may sound odd but really works on my skin... it keeps everything from being too heavy. I've been sampling this for a few days now and it has really intrigued me. I find it sexy and grown-up without being stale or heavy. I feel like it will work well in the fall, and I predict I'll find it especially comforting in the winter; when I initially smell this, I automatically associate it with fall and winter, however, because the rose in this is juicy and fresh (on my skin), I don't think it would be unbearable in the spring and summer.
EDIT: I just sampled Le Labo Rose 31 and it is similar to Marni (at least on my skin). I'd say they resemble each other most with their woody/powdery/spicy notes, as the rose in Marni is more prominent, and a little "brighter" and "juicier". Also, I'd say the sillage of Marni is greater and overall Rose 31 is a little softer and quieter in comparison. They're both unisex in my opinion, but, if I had to choose, Marni is a touch more feminine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first this this fragrance on Saks.com i knew i had to have it and that i was going to love it. If ever this is a clean, blowing in the breeze clean linen scent it is Marni with maybe a little cinnamon to freshen things up even more. I hate it when folks say that a fragrance is fresh but Marni really is fresh. it is the epitome of fresh. That it what i first thought when i sprayed and the last thing i though of when i went to bed. And yes. It lasts that long. It gives excellent sillage and everyone will know you are wearing something. I remember right before i went to go home from work i was getting out of my chair and lovely note of some type of beautiful flower fluttered up to my nose. It just smells soooooooo clean and freeeesshhh. I absolutely love Marni and it will be in my collection of perfumes for years to come now. Also, it is as equally home a man as on a woman. Marni is a definite unisex scent. Plus the bottle is to die for. Thank you Marni.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by shelldelayne

Got a free sample of this via a beauty subscription box, have to say I'm not a fan at all.

I can't believe the price! The first thought that came to mind after dabbing this on my wrists was "cheap", it just smelled cheap to me.

My gran use to have an old bottle of perfume on her dresser that had gone off years previously but she kept for ornamental value, this reminded me of that.

It might smell amazing on someone else, as all perfumes warm up and react differently to the wearers body chemistry, but this didn't mesh with me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Bettyboo1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this online having never even tried it but thought I would give it a try. It arrived and I immediately sprayed some on my wrist and after a couple of seconds I sniffed and thought "OMG it stinks" I could smell Cinnamon really strongly and I was so disappointed. I thought I would spray a little on the collar of my dressing gown in case it was my PH that was turning the perfume funny. That evening after putting my dressing gown on I suddenly got this beautiful fragrance suddenly hit me. I could not work out where it was coming from but then realised it was the Marni I sprayed that morning. It smelt wonderful and I could not believe it was the same perfume. I kept sniffing the collar and fell in love with this perfume. Next day I was going to work and decided to give it another try. I sprayed it liberally and walked into the Lounge and my Husband suddenly said "Whats that lovely smell" and I had the same comments at work. I have never known a perfume change so much. It changes from the cinnamon to this rosy spicy perfume. It is now one of my favorites!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by madaba

Very nice scent. Changes quite a bit over a few hours, and in a good way. The fragrance doesn't deteriorate into cheap notes, but stays complex and full.

I must say that I love the style of this perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This scent doesn't work for me. It's too unisex for my taste, but I'm sure some persons will love it. It's a strong, intense smell, that also start strong, and stay strong till the end.

I'm not really good at giving the notes of a perfume, but I smell vetiver and cedarwood.

Also, I do not like the packaging and the bottle. I got the .24 oz, and it comes in a small bottle with a little cap that's really hard to remove without spilling everywhere. Also, the box is kind of a yellow - sand color but to me it just look like an old box and an old perfume that I could find while going into my mother old perfumes.

It's too strong for me, however it seems to have a very good lasting power. I dabbed it on my wrists in the early morning, and I could still smell the perfum at maybe midnight. I would not repurchase, but I'm curious because I think it could be nice on somebody else.