Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Golden Medium pressed powder

4.5

on 10/21/2013 12:33:00 AM

I purchases this product based on research I have done for my complicated skin: oily, sensitive, dis-colored, red splotches, dark circles, and large pores....also prone to break outs. So, I wanted to use a powder that had full-coverage, yet light. Also, healthy and controls shine. And this is it! I have tried the most expensive products on the market and professional and spa lines. Pur minerals has the most coverage and lightest feel. Application is fool-proof, quick and easy. I use a flat brush to put it on, and a concealer brush for around nose and eyes. Its also buildable. However, like every mineral powder foundation, it does oxidize and change color and melt onto skin. The color goes on a shade lighter, and within an hour it is the color it will remain. The beauty counter girl matched this shade to my skin (golden medium)---but remember, my skin is red due to broken capillaries and sensitivity. It did not match the rest of my body and my face looked pink. I switched to Light Tan-which matches better and has a more yellow tone.

on 6/8/2013 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

With summer weather, I want to make sure I have a good sunblock on but I hate feeling greasy and having uneven skin tone. So I've been really trying to minimize the products I use on my face and have found my perfect summer combo. After cleaning with Clarins cottonseed cleanser and using a little Clarins Lotus oil, I put on a thin layer of Neutrogena ultra sheer sunblock, a little Mac concealer, and then finish with the Pur Minerals powder using a soft face brush. I love this stuff! It gives me a beautiful, healthy matte (but not dry) look that lasts all day. My skin tone is even but not washed out.

on 4/29/2013 9:48:00 AM

I have combo skin and since i started using Pur Minerals my t-zone shine is little more controlled. This mineral makeup can go on by itself or added on top of primer or bb cream for more coverage. it has good staying powder and not as messy as loose mineral makeup.

on 4/16/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really like the coverage and the sheen of this product, giving an ultra natural glow to the skin. However, after 2 days, I broke out badly. I had used it before and put it away and forgotten that it made me break out before. Hopefully, this review will remind me NOT to try this product again. If it doesnt break you out, it is worth it as it gives such a good look and feel to the skin... and doesn't create all the mess of other mineral powders.