April 23, 2014 | 873 users online

Makeup Brushes - Tom Ford - Bronzer brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh boy, was there some tortuous lemming over this mammoth bundle of luscious lover-liness before I finally made the purchase leap. I'd researched online for months on end and toyed over dupes (Hakuhodo J5541, 501 and Louise Young LY06), but I knew I'd always be gnawed by "what if" if I didn't get the real McCoy.

I bought mine at Heathrow duty free, so ended up saving 15% off the RRP. However, this is still the most I've spent (to date) on a single brush and I handled the package-opening initiation with the sort of anxiety I'd imagine mothers to feel over the arrival of their firstborn.

Everything about the brush is beautiful and luxurious as well as perfect for use. Yes, the brush-head is large enough to cover almost a third of my face, but I'm wowed every morning that so big a brush can also provide such even application when it barely feels like it's touching my face. It's an odd feeling to describe: the goat hairs are soooo soft, but the application can still be quite directional, whilst there is also a sturdy snap as the bristles wisp off my face. Guess the incredible hair density is key, but using the brush also feels like an experience in itself.

A couple of hairs have fallen out so far, but not at a rate which has caused concern. The handle is also proportionately thick, so I'll have to look for a new brush roll (there's no question of leaving this badboy home alone when I'm travelling). I gave it three lippies on the packaging as, although I'm relieved the brush comes with a fairly durable brush guard, the fitting was so tight when I first took it out of the box that it pulled a few hairs out of shape.

I am currently using my TF bronzer brush for my Bobbi Brown retouching powder: the container is actually too small to fully dip this brush into, so the obvious sole solution is to look for a new powder that will accommodate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok this brush is $115 but it is luxurious and I love it for my translucent powder but I don't use it bronzer. I don't like that it is white b/c I can't get it clean even with baby oil and shampoo but it is so soft and perfect. I heard that TF is made by Hakuhodo though and I would try and find a cheaper version but would want the same feel and makeup effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Marionw8006

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best brush I ever own, soft, picks up a lot of product....soft for powders, dense for bronzers...Highly recommanded.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First and foremost... the price. At $110, this is *by far* the most expensive brush in my collection. That said, however, it is *by far* the softest brush I've ever experienced (gotta be Unicorn hair). The bristles are somewhat longish and rather densely packed while the brush head is quite large and rounded so it's very good for powder. WIth respect to bronzer, t's easy to overdo it and pick up too much product if you're not careful so if you're wanting to get just a little color onto the brush and onto your face "easy does it" is the rule of the day. After every use, I clean this brush with Clinique's brush cleanser (spray the tissue NOT the brush) and weekly I use Dr. Bronner's bar cleanser. This keeps the brush as ivory as it was upon purchase. If I could justify owning two, I would do it in a heartbeat but it's nice to have one uber-special item in your collection :) I would recommend this and would repurchase.