Avon Flor Violeta

3.8

Im oddly addicted to this right now. Cant stop sniffing my wrists when I wear this. I bought this about a year ago...tried it once I think, found it pleasant enough then forgot about it. This winter, in addition to buying a bunch of new perfumes, Ive been trying to rediscover my old ones to figure out if I actually like them or not. This I really like and I don't know how it ended up hidden in the back of my fragrance collection. It smells really good. Fresh apple from the start, some raspberry, a lot of violet and powdery musk. Its the perfect blend of fruity and floral IMO. It smells positively juicy. This is considered a dupe of DKNY Be Delicious if you like that one. This also goes under the name of Only Imagine in other countries. I thought this wasn't very long lasting as the smell gets softer and appears to fade unless you smell your skin directly...I thought this had disappeared when I went to bed last night but when I woke up the smell was stronger than ever. Very nice. I don't like very many Avon perfumes-pretty much only the Today, Tomorrow, Forever, Amour line and even those I rarely wear...but this is just really yummy.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've been on a violet kick lately and have had trouble finding an affordable scent with a strong violet note that doesn't smell old or dusty. This scent isn't that but it's still a nice perfume. I purchased mine on Ebay... a full sized 50mL bottle for $10 and free shipping is more than affordable and pretty much along the lines of what I think this scent should retail for anyway because it might be pretty but there is nothing unique or special about it. It is very average in terms of perfumes and has a kind of generic quality to the scent. It's a mix of fruity and floral with a hint of musk but not enough to bog the scent down. It still has a very light and sparkling feel to it. Very nice scent for spring I think. I don't get so much violet as I get a non specific floral which is a bummer. It has a bit of a green sharpness to it that mellows out as the scent wears down. Not too strong of a scent and not too light, fades down nicely with average wear time.

I like this perfume. It is a little pricey compared to other avon fragrances but not fragrances in general. It smells a LOT like DKNY Be Delicious to me. I like the bottle. Lasting power seems decent.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I have to totally rewrite my review on this lovely fragrance! I had the onset of a cold when I wrote my first review of this perfume but I did not know I had a cold coming on so I gave it a not so good a review. Since I have gotten my sense of smell back, I find this fragrance very nice and I have bought the large bottle, lotion, and shower gel. ;-) The bottle is not nearly as common place as I thought it was from looking online, and in the book. It is a very lovely dark, hot pink on the bottom of the bottle and gradually fades to the top in a more clear glass with a lacy, frill on the top. It is very pretty! The fragrance itself is soft and delicate. It stays close to the skin but it stays noticeable for hours and I do love it. The notes are listed as green apple, violet blossom, and soft musk. It is not a complex scent at all. Kate del-Castillo/actress is the lady behind the scent. She did well if she really did have anything to do with it's creation. Good one for Avon. Sure hope they keep it for a long time!

Popular Fragrances