January 30, 2015 | 1557 users online

Lip Treatments - Vaseline - Lip Therapy (mini jar) - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 9:41:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of using petroleum jelly in beauty emergencies. After being out in the cold shoveling snow for 2 hours my lips were a mess, all chapped and flaking. I immediately went to the nearest drugstore and bought this.
The moment I put it on my lips started feeling better. Within 20 minutes they were super soft and mostly healed. I love that they added the cocoa scent, it smells so good. The little tub size is the perfect size to just put into my bag.
I took 1 lippie off only because a tub isn't the most sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 4:48:00 PM More reviews by thehappykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A mini-tub of Vaseline, what could be cuter? (Just kidding - a lot of things.) But seriously, this is sooooo adorable and I love the strong cocoa butter scent. Pretty sure that's all this is; just regular ol' Vaseline with cocoa butter scent. Doesn't matter, I love it. I have empty containers now, I have repurchased so many times.
*And, because it IS basically only Vaseline, I like to use this anywhere I might need extra moisturizing power. It's conveniently sized, great for keeping in a makeup bag, purse, pocket, whatever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 11:19:00 AM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

the jar is really cute but once you use more than 2/3 of jar you kind of have to use your finger to dig in there. This is a lot thicker and goopier than normal vaseline and makes your lips feel really thick and sticky (even with a thin layer) but thats why it's so effective as a nighttime lip treatment for extremely chapped lips. if you have really chapped/cracked lips, slather this on for a couple of hours and it'll soothe the cracks and loosen up the outer layer of dead skin enough for you to slough it off. Or you can put this on and take a shower and afterwards you can use a lip scrub to exfoliate your lips. would not repurchase because vaseline accomplishes same thing but with a less thick feel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2015 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Been using this since it came out & LOVE IT!!!!

I'm another that uses it at bedtime too! I also use it during the day,it keeps my lips hydrated,moisturized & soft,

The faint cocoa butter scent is great! I've been through a few of these mini tubs & will continue to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Dee949

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff works amazingly well if you have extremely chapped/broken skin. It's perfect to put on at night. You wake up with plump, hydrated lips. Did not like the packaging though- wish it came in a tube form or something instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use all of the Vaseline Lip Therapy jars and this one is probably my favorite. The consistency is just slightly harder than the original and the pink one. I like the subtle cocoa butter scent and I love the way it makes my lips feel and look. My only complaint is that the little pot is sort of a pain when it gets low. I don't like using my finger and getting it all greasy and having it under my fingernail...so you really need a lip brush (or a Q-Tip) to get it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is thick and sticky, unlike plain petroleum jelly. There is also no cocoa butter in it (at least not the one sold here in Canada. I looked at the package in walmart the other day, and the only ingredient listed was petroleum jelly).
It lasts a long time, but doesn't really moisturize that much. It's just sticky. I also don't like the deep, narrow pot. I always end up getting it under my nails, which is gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by katherinegclark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

way better than regular Vaseline. Not as slippery and more rich and creamy. Better than agave lip mask and a fraction of the price. get compliments on cute packaging at school but its hard to keep it clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LIP SAVER OH MY GOD. I have been getting the worst dry lips, and I mean dry to the point where the corners of my mouth have cracks in them.. and i'm not talking little bitty cracks.. i'm talking like.. cracks that look like someone took a knife to my lips. I have tried soooo many lip chaps and lip balms to fix this shit... Burts Bees, EOS, Blistex, Carnex, Nivea.. NOTHING worked.

So I went in to talk to a pharmacist... more like whine to a pharmacist... and she recommended me to this stuff. AND MY GOD AM I GLAD SHE DID. I have used this a grand total of four times so far... (I layer it on before bed so it can really absorb and i'm not eating or drinking or rubbing it off) well... no more cracks! The slits in my lips are completely healed up and gone.. after only four uses! I couldn't even believe it. I'm going to continue to buy this shit for the rest of my life. TOTAL HG!!!!!!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY MOLY GRAIL. Seriously this stuff ROCKS. I now know the true meaning of holy grail, after having chapped lips for over a year that would not heal, and also spending on tons of products (including By Terry Baume de Rose and Lansinoh Lanolin) trying to fix the issue. Needless to say I was BLOWN AWAY that the solution I didn't think to try was the cheapest all along and right in my medicine cabinet, plain ole VASELINE. Now I understand why I never had this problem when I was a teen bc I just popped some Vaseline on whenever I felt drier. This is how I wanted Baume de Rose to be, in consistency and healing properties. Prior to using this my lips would just peel off in layers and were sometimes bleeding. Now I have the softest dewiest lips that aren't dependent on any product even this one. I am so grateful bc I love wearing lip products and it was a pain in the ass to have to work around and disguise the chappedness, and also avoid kissing my boyfriend.

I learned after some intense research (check reddit too) that occlussives (vaseline, mineral oil) will moisturize best and lock in moisture, whereas occlussives (honey, glycerin, many more/lanolin also was very bad on my lips&hair) will draw moisture out from the skin and into the air giving you only temporary moisturizing effects. A low level of humectants might be ok in some moisturizers, and about 90% of lotions and facial moisturizers include them, but the more it contains the worse off you'll be. From now on I'm looking for as close to non-humectant moisturizers as I can get.

This is the HOLY GRAIL of beauty products! Something that actually works. I also appreciated the simple ingredients, not really any chemicals or crazy shi*. And the packaging has seriously grown on me, think it's really cute. Wish it was a flip top for better convenience but I agree w/ the reviewer that said as long as they don't mess w/ the formula the packaging is fine. It's cute at least. Run to go buy this- it's practically free anyway at a dollar fifty!!! I'm going to buy larger sizes for use on my body and will purchase forever!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No