MAC Frost - Goldmine

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 3/6/2015 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I bought this, I thought I would end up returning it, since it is such a yellowy gold (true gold) color. But like another reviewer mentioned, this is sooo lovely paired on top or under other eyeshadows. By itself, it is too yellow and intense for my liking, but paired with another shadow, it gives a beautiful hint of gold to whatever shadow you're using. I love using Goldmine paired under/ above Retrospeck or Ricepaper, it looks a lot like NARS Cyprus, which was my absolute favorite, but unfortunately I think I'm allergic to NARS shadows. Anyway, this is a great eye shadow if you like mixing eyeshadows and like a hint of gold to your shadows, to keep them from being too cool toned.

on 11/22/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very beautiful shade of gold, probably the nicest one I've ever tried. Very blendable and applies smoothly. No tacky glitters either, like other gold shades I've tried before. Took me a few tried to find a way to use it properly. This eye-shadow is best used to add gold to an other eye-shadow color. I use it over a nude shade, like NYX lap dance, or even other colors like matte pinks, purple, brown and even black. I just love it, so pretty.

on 11/8/2014 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, well, well... I ACTUALLY hit pan on this shadow! Why is this even worth mentioning you may wonder. Well, because I have 3 large z-palettes with 26 shadows in each, and 2 Mac Palettes with 15 shadows in each. Out of 108 shadows, the only one I have ever hit pan on is Goldmine. Trust me, that says a lot about this color.

The minute I hit pan, I decided to try 4 other different gold shadows I had in my palette that went virtually untouched. Even though they look identical to Goldmine they applied differently, didn't give the same color payoff, and just lacked something I can't put my finger on. There is just no duping Goldmine's yellowy golden metallic amazingness - its that awesome and unique.

on 10/18/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A true gold that is very pigmented. It blends easily & is long wearing.I have yellow/orange undertones & this remains a true gold on me.If you want an everyday gold I would stay away from this & look for something more muted.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Pretty 24K yellow gold shade. However, there is no pigment. I really have no use for this shadow. It's not pigmented enough for the lid and it's too frosty as a highlight.

on 5/22/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Mac goldmine eyeshadow is very smooth and the quality is great.
I do not love this color for some reason, maybe I have not matched it with other colors well.
However, I do want to let everyone know there is an exact Dupe for this eyeshadow. NYX glam eyeshadow in golden chamber, it is pretty exact.

on 3/13/2013 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Goldmine is the prettiest gold eyeshadow I have ever used. It is a true gold, not too warm or cool. It's really pigmented, a little goes a long way. I like to wear mine just on the lids, and blended out with a 217. I pair it with black winged eyeliner. It's the sort of look I go for in the height of summer or when I'm tanned and on holiday. Goldmine is absolutely gorgeous. X

on 1/30/2013 4:15:00 PM

I love love love goldmine.
Its a frosty medium gold colour and I love using it to add pop to my eyeshadows. Will repurchace.

on 1/26/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Goldmine is the most perfect bright, true gold eye shadow I have ever seen. It is one of my favourite inner corner highlights and gives an amazing brightening effect. What I love about it is that it goes with every single eye shadow in my palette, either in the inner corner or in the crease. With shades such as MAC Expensive Pink, Romp and Woodwinked, it brings out the gold undertones in them beautifully. Nicely pigmented, I pack it on in my inner corners using a MAC 239 brush.

on 10/6/2012 4:54:00 PM

Goldmine is a yellow-tinged golden shimmer. Occasionally, I can have trouble with gold eyeshadows because I lean towards the cool side of things, but Goldmine always looks great. It compliments my blue eyes and lasts all day. I like to pair it with Amber Lights and Antiqued for a bronzy look, but it is incredibly versatile! I constantly use this one.