Clinique A different nail enamel for sensitive skins

3.4

on 7/2/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recently purchased the Base/ Top Coat for Sensitive Skin. I loved the pretty box it came in, and the bottle is nice, although it is opaque so you have no way of telling if the polish is separating or how much you have left. It goes on smooth and dries pretty quickly. The formula is milky and translucent, but does dry shiny and clear. I'm not sure what makes this polish better for sensitive skin, but I can say that it does make my (non-Clinique) polishes last longer. For that reason alone, I'll repurchase.

on 5/1/2015 11:56:00 PM

Black Honey is my favorite nail enamel from Clinique's Hypo-allergenic line. The color goes on as a sheer berry but if you're like me and prefer two or more coats of polish this enamel is a wonderful vampy and deep burgundy. This polish is right on trend for those who are into the "ox-blood" shades that seemed to be everywhere this past fall. I love the formula and the salon style brush makes this products application excellent. As many of you know Black Honey Almost lipstick is a cult classic, If you like i,t you absolutely have to try this shade in the enamel. I get more compliments this than any other Nail color I use and trust me, these digits never go with polish.

on 8/14/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I received this product in coral snap. The application of the product was great. Two coats covered everything. I noticed chipping and dark spots that evening even after applying a top coat. I would not recommend this product. For a few dollars more I would recommend Butter London polishes.

on 7/24/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Got a GWP of this and I am not pleased. I don't even know the name but it is a beautiful grape/magenta color. However, I found it watery with not enough pigment to coat without thin patches even with two coats. The brush was not great, made precision difficult. I got some bubbles too, and whiile I am not an expert, I am not a slob either when applying (summertime, but air-conditioned room, and the bottle was fresh). Finally, it takes a long time to dry (weird, since others say the opposite) and even though I dried for two hours before bed, woke up with sheet marks. So it is definitely not hard enough for me. For this price, a nail enamel better be phenomenal.

on 5/14/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

disappointment. it sounds great from their marketing. but it does not deliver. i bought one base & top coat and one nail color in fizzy. as much as i want to like this as no nasty 4 ingredients, they don't deliver, they are not shiny, streaky, huge brush and does not last long at all. one good thing, they dry fast. i would prefer to stick with sparitual or OPI instead.

I don't have sensitive skin but I could not resist the display of yummy colors! I chose black honey, but it was a tough call. The formula is inoffensive, I love how it applies. Dries pretty quickly! Longevity... leaves a little to be desired. Very average staying power and I expected a little more due to the price. But all in all- brilliant.

on 2/7/2014 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in red red red and party red. I am a red enthusiast, so I couldnt resist when i saw they were stocking these at my campus clinique counter. So far i've only tried red red red, but i assume that the experience will be similar with party red. Anyway:

pro's:
pretty color. bottle matches the color on nails pretty well.
relatively fast drying.

con's:
rough application. the formula is somehow both watery and gloppy? it's hard to explain, but its not good. didn't seem particularly streaky, but i haven't looked at it in natural sunlight yet so we shall see.
very dull finish. perked up with topcoat, but still annoying.

verdict: not worth the 12.50. I'm probably going to keep party red since the dupe of it I have in my collection is drying out but red red red is definitely going back.

EDIT: Party red was, if possible, even worse. Terrible formula, no shine, and VERY streaky. Back to the counter they go!

on 2/1/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Black Honey and I normally don't feel compelled to write reviews on nail polish but I had to for this one! I love dark polishes but they chip so easily on me. I use brands such as MAC, OPI, and Essie. Black Honey is $12.50 and worth every penny if you ask me. I have had it on for four days now and have washed dishes by hand and cleaned my house without a single chip. The only bad thing I can say about this polish is that the cap is kinda big to easily handle, but the product itself is awesome!

on 1/25/2014 5:52:00 PM

I got this in Black Honey as part of the Black Honey Beauty Set. The colour is beautiful - it's a jelly formula which is super glossy and keeps it from just looking black. Compared to Essie's Wicked, this defitinely shows more of a wine red gleam. I needed two generous coats for full opacity. Unfortunately, this chips VERY easily on me, so considering it is rather pricey, I would look for another deep red / almost black shade once my bottle runs out.

on 7/6/2013 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm enjoying my little GWP sample of Really Rio. I do mean little, as I used it the first time this morning and I doubt I can get more than two more manipedis out of it. The color is a medium shade of soft orange that might be called Coral or Mango. It's a lovely summer shade, and I would buy it if I could put it toward another GWP. Of course, the next GWP promotion will be in the autumn, so I might buy Black Honey then, along with Clinique's base/top coat that gets good words from MUAers. I used OPI ridge filler base and Christian Dior top, with two coats of polish, and it's looking pretty. For the GWP, they paired Really Rio with Heftiest Hibiscus Intense chubby stick, a red-orange. The other choice was Pinkini polish paired with Plushiest Punch.

I took away a point because it's a bit thick, which makes it a little hard to apply.

Popular Polishes