April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

BB Cream - Nivea - BB Cream in Light

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by SofijaJaneva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally really like this product due to the fact that it didn't make me break out or make my skin oily, the only disappointing thing is that it is extremely hard to blend and after 3-4 hours it does fade off.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by EllyDee73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very disappointing product. It doesn't glide on and leaves you with a patchy complexion. Afterwards the skin feels very dry and the cream looks caked-on. No amount of primer and refining powder can save this products.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by greengirleli

I'm a big Nivea fan but this is a very disappointing product. Like the other girls said, the "light" shade is very dark. The consistency is very thick and hard to blend. You have to really pull your skin if you want to blend it well and I don't want to constantly pull at my skin. When I buy a BB cream I expect something sheer, almost like a tinted moisturizer, that you can just put on your face without any brushes/sponges and don't worry about people noticing it. But that's just impossible especially with this color.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ladybugx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The main reason why I was very frustrated over this product is the fact that the light colour is very orangey. I am fair skinned, and it became very visible that I was wearing something on my face, even if I used a very light hand. My second issue is the fact that the coverage came out uneven and patchy. I never encountered any such problem applying regular foundation, but with this BB cream (the only one I have tried by the way) the lower part of my right cheek was always coming off lighter than the rest of my face.

Given that this is the only BB cream I have had so far, I can't really compare it to anything else. Though the consistency felt nice on my skin, there was no getting over the colour match issue which made me throw out the tube even though it was only used 2-3 times, which is something I just don't do.

On the plus side, it felt good as a moisturizer and it really did cover my blackheads alright. I don't have pimples and quite a clear skin, and my only problem is blackheads, which it managed to solve. However, please be aware that the colours they provide will not work for everyone and especially if you are very fair skinned, I would look into other options.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Retrovein

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this product today and I actually liked it. It didn't make my oily skin look shiny. And it smells like the original nivea cream which I loved so much!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by IlariaChrome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the worst product from Nivea that I've used so far! Considering that i'm fair ( Bourjois Healthy mix 52 ), i got the ''light'' one. Problem number one: it's just too dark. Even that is an understatement. I can't imagine it would be a good match for anyone who is fair. That kind of shade i would've expected the ''dark'' one to be. Have in mind, it DOES NOT adapt to your skin tone. What you see in the tube, that you''ll get on your face.Second inexcusable problem: the consistency is very thick, think classic ''blue'' nivea, so applying it evenly is pretty much impossible. The result i got was face full of dark streaks. If i put aside the problem with the color, having in mind that for some of you it will be a good match, i have to say that it doesn't deliver as a BB cream. I wasn't looking for a full coverage, i wasn't expecting a foundation ''performance'', I just wanted something that will ''help'' the appearance of my skin during the day, but it did nothing. The pores were there, the little redness i have was there. I still can't believe that Nivea placed such a terrible product on the market and i do love Nivea and i'm a devoted consumer of their products.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by uqbar2342

I loved the classic Nivea smell and the smooth texture.It feels nice on the skin. The finish is neither dewy nor matte and it has sheer to medium coverage. Didn't feel the need for extra moisturizer but I only tryied it once so I can;t really tell.

BUT : the "light" shade is too dark for me to begin with and it oxidized terribly after a while - in about an hour wearing this I got the oompa loompa effect :-(

It is the first time I got the "full orange face", the only other product that oxidized slightly on me was Normateint by Vichy but nothing this horrible.
So, it is a NO.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I think many women will find the available two shades disappointing... I have bought the light shade and it's actually quite dark, like a medium beige with red undertones. It works barely on me, only as a summer product. Coverage is light, like a tinted moisturiser. This Nivea bb cream comes in a tube, has a relatively nice consistency, quite creamy, and is easy to spread with the fingers. A big advantage of this product in my opinion is that it is non-drying. Another plus is the typical Nivea cream smell of this product, which I was feeling a certain nostalgic longing for... All in all, not a miracle product but a pleasant and good-value product for daily use - if you can get away with the shade. Edit: Now that I have used the Korean brand Skin79, there is no way I am using European wanna-be-bbs anymore. The Korean stuff really is in a league of its own.