October 31, 2014 | 1022 users online

BB Cream - Nivea - BB Cream in Light

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by BoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just a quick review. Although I used the medium/dark shade I noticed the same problems as people have previously mentioned.

The product does not glide smoothly at all and is very quick at setting. You have literally 30 seconds to do your entire face before looking like a camouflage suit.

The BB cream has a very thick texture similar to that of the original Nivea. The scent is somewhat nice! It's not a major floral scent but a mellow Nivea kind of smell which is pleasant to the nose.

The packaging is handy in the way all the product sits on the nozzle ensuring you get all the products inside. The tube does however get a bit grubby as expected with a make up product which is why a pump is handier.

The product provides you with a light to medium coverage which allows you to slightly build up for a medium coverage. The longevity of the product is ok, I would say roughly 8 hours with maybe one touch up.

The price is very reasonable and retails for roughly £6 in the UK but can always be found in the drugstore for under £4!

If the blending process was easier then this would be an excellent product however it does not live up to its expectations.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by clarancmanos123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this bb creme!! firts is cheap, I love the packaging, and have 50ml. My skin looks amazing, and smell is great. Blends perfect in my skin. I also put a matt power so the texture feel amazing. In my opnion have better coverger than some foundations of the drogstore. But for going out at nigth with friends I will use a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by DeeDanosaur

Being completely honest, I was on the search for a BB cream for a long time and my mum got me this one from Germany in the shade Light, and according to her "it was at a very good and reasonable price"
The first couple of times I used this, I felt like it was perfect. It glided easily over my moisturizer and I dabbed it on with my fingers (yes I know I'm not supposed to, but I was too lazy to go buy a sponge) and it gave this sheer light coverage that covered any spot or scar I had.
I dislike that a lot of the product comes out with the lightest pressure applied on the tube, and it's a waste because you end up using very little of it.
However now that seasons changed (and my skin too), I feel like it's not the same product anymore. Since around early December, everytime I use the product, it appears more orangey/brownish and makes me face-especially my cheeks- looks like i drowned my face in cakey foundation. I'm not exaggerating. Ever seen an old lady with too much foundation on? That's exactly what I look like.
Plus, after a few hours it wears off. I've used setting powder over it several times but it always ends up being useless as it feels wet and icky.
I tried using the BB cream with a foundation brush but it just ends up streaky and doesn't blend. It does disappear eventually, but it's quite noticeable that I have some brown/orangey substance on my face.
Now that I have a lot of it left, I have no choice but to use it when necessary. The only benefit I'd have to point out is that I kind of look tanned in pictures. (yay?)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by SofijaJaneva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally really like this product due to the fact that it didn't make me break out or make my skin oily, the only disappointing thing is that it is extremely hard to blend and after 3-4 hours it does fade off.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by EllyDee73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very disappointing product. It doesn't glide on and leaves you with a patchy complexion. Afterwards the skin feels very dry and the cream looks caked-on. No amount of primer and refining powder can save this products.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by greengirleli

I'm a big Nivea fan but this is a very disappointing product. Like the other girls said, the "light" shade is very dark. The consistency is very thick and hard to blend. You have to really pull your skin if you want to blend it well and I don't want to constantly pull at my skin. When I buy a BB cream I expect something sheer, almost like a tinted moisturizer, that you can just put on your face without any brushes/sponges and don't worry about people noticing it. But that's just impossible especially with this color.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ladybugx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The main reason why I was very frustrated over this product is the fact that the light colour is very orangey. I am fair skinned, and it became very visible that I was wearing something on my face, even if I used a very light hand. My second issue is the fact that the coverage came out uneven and patchy. I never encountered any such problem applying regular foundation, but with this BB cream (the only one I have tried by the way) the lower part of my right cheek was always coming off lighter than the rest of my face.

Given that this is the only BB cream I have had so far, I can't really compare it to anything else. Though the consistency felt nice on my skin, there was no getting over the colour match issue which made me throw out the tube even though it was only used 2-3 times, which is something I just don't do.

On the plus side, it felt good as a moisturizer and it really did cover my blackheads alright. I don't have pimples and quite a clear skin, and my only problem is blackheads, which it managed to solve. However, please be aware that the colours they provide will not work for everyone and especially if you are very fair skinned, I would look into other options.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Retrovein

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this product today and I actually liked it. It didn't make my oily skin look shiny. And it smells like the original nivea cream which I loved so much!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by IlariaChrome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the worst product from Nivea that I've used so far! Considering that i'm fair ( Bourjois Healthy mix 52 ), i got the ''light'' one. Problem number one: it's just too dark. Even that is an understatement. I can't imagine it would be a good match for anyone who is fair. That kind of shade i would've expected the ''dark'' one to be. Have in mind, it DOES NOT adapt to your skin tone. What you see in the tube, that you''ll get on your face.Second inexcusable problem: the consistency is very thick, think classic ''blue'' nivea, so applying it evenly is pretty much impossible. The result i got was face full of dark streaks. If i put aside the problem with the color, having in mind that for some of you it will be a good match, i have to say that it doesn't deliver as a BB cream. I wasn't looking for a full coverage, i wasn't expecting a foundation ''performance'', I just wanted something that will ''help'' the appearance of my skin during the day, but it did nothing. The pores were there, the little redness i have was there. I still can't believe that Nivea placed such a terrible product on the market and i do love Nivea and i'm a devoted consumer of their products.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by uqbar2342

I loved the classic Nivea smell and the smooth texture.It feels nice on the skin. The finish is neither dewy nor matte and it has sheer to medium coverage. Didn't feel the need for extra moisturizer but I only tryied it once so I can;t really tell.

BUT : the "light" shade is too dark for me to begin with and it oxidized terribly after a while - in about an hour wearing this I got the oompa loompa effect :-(

It is the first time I got the "full orange face", the only other product that oxidized slightly on me was Normateint by Vichy but nothing this horrible.
So, it is a NO.