October 25, 2014 | 1093 users online

Lipstick - Kanebo - Sensai Collection Rouge Intense Lasting Color in Soubi

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by amarise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, let me talk about the collection as the lipstick line as a whole--I'm new to this brand/line, but it's quickly found a place in my heart as my FAVORITE, HG long-lasting lipstick formula. It's my go-to now for events like weddings and other formal occasions, since I can eat and drink with little to no need for touching up throughout the night. Seriously, I'm amazed at this lipstick's staying power (like, never-leaves-residue-on-my-glass-of-water, stays-on-even-if-I-absentmindedly-bite-my-lips, and fades-totally-evenly kind of staying power). Also, I've noticed that RILC lipsticks don't dry my lips out at all, as other long-lasting formulas tend to be. It isn't exactly emollient, but provides just enough slip that it doesn't annoyingly drag on your lips when you apply it.

Now, as for the color--I laaaaaaaahve it to pieces! Soubi is a very bright orangey red, and looks like a creme finish from afar (though up close I detect a very fine microshimmer that gives the finish that dewy look). The color pay-off is great, but I would say that it's not 100% opaque so I feel like it might skew a little deeper on pigmented lips (mine aren't, particularly).

All in all, I'd highly rec for people who love bold lips!