December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - The Body Shop - Facial Blotting Tissues

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

When it comes to soaking up oil and mattifying your face, these do the job.

I only have one major complaint...

These sheets contain WAY too much powder. If you dab a sheet on your face without a mirror, you'll look like you just ate a powdered donut. So I've found that shaking the sheet off a few times before applying it works out much better.

Other than that, it's a good product. Great to toss in your purse for touch-ups (just make sure you have a mirror).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by stls

Not my favorite blotting sheets. Can make you look powdery and they don't absorb oil well although the packaging is convenient, they didn't break me out and the price is fair. Won't repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special, does the job but leaves the skin looking flat. The price is reasonable though. If you want an AMAZING blotting paper, try the Boscia ones. They have several options, green tea being my favourite.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These sheets do what they claim to and soak up shine and oil, it amazes me how much oil i produce on my nose during the day at work but if I use one of these they soak it right up. I have very pale skin and luckily for me the powder on tehese sheets matches my skin tone perfectly but i can imagine this not being right for a lot of women. Also I find the size very convenient and one sheet is enough to blot my nose chin an forehead. They were only £4.50 for 65 sheets here I will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

Does an ok job but the sheets are deffinitely too small. I prefer to carry my Clinique compact. Does a better job faster with a mirror.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by snowwhitte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this coz i was drawn with the idea of having minerals powder on the tissue so that I dont need to carry my compact powder in my purse. but this bodyshop blotting tissues is totally a failure..!! It made my face become patchy, I thought the mineral powder could be easily blended but it did not. I tried to blot in different ways, ie: patting, pressing, swiping.. all left me with patchy and streaky marks on my face. I was totally disappointed. Definitely i wont buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by TrishyB

These tissues are really small! You'll need at least 2-3 sheets for your whole face. It does absorb oil and reduces shine, I just really hate how small sheets are! This came in handy when I went overseas and the weather was hot and humid. Very conpact, easy to dispense - simple packaging. Good value, but I wouldn't buy it again because of the sheet size, but overall a good product

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jill28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Received this as a gift. I don't really have an oily face but I used them anyway. Didn't notice any difference at all even around my most oily part, my nose. Would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by fablesinfashion

Pros:
* Works well, face doesn't feel as oily
* Pretty inexpensive

Cons:
* Doesn't leave your face appearing matte, this would be an added bonus those if possible.

The way the tissues are dispensed are my favourite aspect about the blotting tissues. Unlike with other brands, sometimes I have to be careful not to pull out 2 tissues instead of one because of the way the tissues are dispensed. At least here, itís like a tissue box, you can only pull one at a time, and when you pull one out, the second one pops out ready to also be extracted if need be.

I find the tissues to be very adsorbent. Admittedly, I donít have terribly oily skin, mostly just around the T zone (combination skin), so one tissue will do per use.

For about $5AU under for 60 tissues, to me thatís good value. Unfortunately you canít buy these online, only in store. The packaging is adorable, fits right in my makeup case. Very light and easy to open.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

This review is for the plain brown pack. I don't really love or hate these. My face gets pretty oily throughout the day but even though I've been carrying a pack of these around with me for YEARS, I don't think I've even used half of them.

The sheets are very tiny and I need 2-3 to almost cover my entire face. They are also very thin and break easily. Also they somewhat remove my foundation as well, which I hate. And the oil comes back within an hour anyway. They aren't that cheap either - $5 AUD for 65 tiny thin sheets.

I can live without these. If I had to choose, I'd take the green Tea Tree ones instead.

- - -